User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Function Order Game

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I woke up and this was what I had on. What function is that?

If this is the best of possible worlds, what then are the others?
    ― Voltaire, Candide

Controlled Mischief Array StephMC's Avatar
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

Sounds like Entropie or Thatgirl's function order.

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I noticed that, too; Ne and Ni definitions are usually pretty similar to me, too. But the main difference is in envisioning what "will be" and what "could be." This implies that Ni/Ne exhibit the difference that introversion/extroversion tends to imply.

By these definitions above, Ni is about depth--that is, one possibility in detail and full confidence. Full realization of an idea.

Ne is more about breadth, with many potential possibilities available at surface level, then potentially exploring a bit deeper in each. Seeing various threads of potential and connections in some phenomenon.

Again, very similar in terms of what they work with, but different enough in their implementation. There's gonna be some mixture of both in any intuiting process.

That's a good way to describe it. I think when peoples' Ni and Ne is closer together, it's harder to see the difference. For those who have Ni and Ne further apart, it's easier to separate. Take the ISTP: our primary functions are Ti > Se > Ni > Fe... and our shadow functions (last four) are Te > Si > Ne > Fi. My point being, I hardly ever use Ne. More importantly, Se ("This is what is." ) is my second function. Therefore I rarely change the "what is" into "what could possibly be" like the Ne. This helps me recognize when I use Ni. I don't search for all the possibilities, I zero on the most likely outcome. For instance, take me and my ENFP sister when we're cleaning out our closets. I take one look at things and my Ni tells me either "Oh, I'll wear this again" and keep it or "Who am I kidding, I'm most likely not going to wear this again" and trash it. My sister will see an old skirt she wore in high school and be like "Well maybe I can use it for halloween" or "if I fix it up a little it could look sexier" or ... the list goes on. This is why my closet is barren and there's shrunken sweaters she still has from 6th grade in her closet.