User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Type and Inferiority Complexes

173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    According to Dr. John Beebe, people have inferiority complexes surrounding the use of their inferior functions. The feeling of inferiority that results from having limited facility with a function results in a drive to overcompensate. A person will be sensitive to criticism of their inferior function use and will feel the need to "make up for it."

I am curious to know how others experience their inferior function, and if they experience the sort of complex described above. So, do you? And if you do, what does it end up looking like in terms of your external behavior?
    Interesting. Hadn't thought about it this way, but it seems to fit my experience with Fi.

One near-guaranteed way to hit my Berserk Button is to call me unfeeling, cold, uncaring, selfish, or another variation on that theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Quenk's Was That Really Me is all about this.
    Love that book. I relate to her Te-dom descriptions more than any others I've read.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

hmm... I'm calling bullshit, at least in my own case anyways

I'm most afraid that someone will be better at something than I am... I REALLY hate any coworker who is more competent than me and I wouldn't ever let them know because I know that I shouldn't and therefore feel kind of guilty about it I also always disliked other students who could also knock out an A paper in a couple of hours, people who could defeat me in a drinking marathon and anyone who's dessert got more praise than mine at any family event

maybe I have issues, but I sure as hell don't think that they have anything to do with inferior functions... those areas of my life are rather less interesting!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett