• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does insecurity look like in each type?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP- conspiracy behind every bush.

That sounds more like INTPs I've known...everything is a conspiracy theory.

I would agree that the INFP becomes withdrawn & depressed. In my insecure moments, I feel like no one likes/understands me, and that I am not worth much or good enough for anything/anyone. A much different paranoia from conspiracy. I've never felt like a "victim" or like everyone was out to get me at all. If it's insecurity meshed with arrogance, then I will feel like no one understands/likes me, but it's due to their own stupidity and lack of taste :D.

Carbarrawr

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
ESFP: Becomes shallow and frantic. Acts paranoid.
ESTP: Becomes brazen. Ludacris amounts of bravado.
ESFJ: Insists that evertying is fine. Emotional hypersensitivity to change.
ESTJ: Becomes totalitarian. Becomes paranoid and rash.
ENFP: Becomes flighty. Looks depressed and lashes out.
ENFJ: Becomes manipulative. Uses their knowledge of emotions to manipulate people.
ENTP: Becomes emotionally hypersensitive. Emotionally lishes out blindly.
ENTJ: Becomes grandiose. Rules with an iron fist and becomes paranoid.
ISTP: Becomes reclusive and angry. Takes up insane projects to prove themselves.
ISFP: Becomes emotionally reactive. Lashes out at disaproval.
ISFJ: Denies problem. Bursts out emotions blaming others then withdraws.
ISTJ: Becomes accusative. Blames external factors regardless of accuracy.
INFP: Becomes withdrawn and depressed. Beleives that everyone is against them.
INFJ: Becomes angry. Beleive that there is no hope.
INTP: Becomes paranoid and reactive. Becomes consumed with emotions.
INTJ: Become skeptical and haughty. Beleive others to be incorrect and hostile to them.

It is really hard to say how I react and I'm having a lot of trouble deciding. I am rarely insecure. Then, most times when I appear insecure, it is me subconsciously using a method I consciously created when I was little to make people feel guilty for insulting me or being condescending. When I truly, truly am insecure? Gosh, that's hard. I think ENTPs in general tend to be pretty proud and content with themselves. I think when I am insecure I get extremely emotional. I don't think I lash out at people, though, because I'm feeling so unconfident and insecure I don't want to because, what right do I have to do that? When I feel insecure, I think my first instinct is to have a sort of curl up and hide reaction xD It's really, really hard to say, though...
I find this topic exceedingly interesting, though.

EDIT: I think I try to avoid the insecurity when it arises, show people I'm not feeling insecure by trying to convince them that what it is about me I'm insecure over is either perfectly fine or not there at all, and getting rid of the insecure feeling as quickly as possible (though I think I end up thinking about it a /lot/ after the situation that made me feel insecure, but I put on a facade that says I couldn't care less and you're probably wrong anyways.)

Last edited:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP: over reliance on approval from others, hyper-sensitivity to criticism, perfectionist tendencies.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see conspiracies. When I'm feeling insecure in any serious way, there's no need to. Other's don't have to intend; there's a sense that they could harm me if they just lifted a pinky. Of being destructible, too delicate and sensitive to have any business being around creatures with bones. No place for me if I can't stand firm and claim it. Retreat or be shredded. But also retreat to regrow and become stronger before showing my face again (perhaps under the illusion that such a process can be completed in private, though real steps can be taken). Weakness triggers my gag reflex, especially if it's my own.

Annaifiwas

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
(INFP) If I feel insecure, I hide, or I "change" type:p^^ XD
Or sometimes I just pinch myself, and go off to dream land^^

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me, in my bed, eating crackers with no pants on.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP: Feeling like I don't know enough so I delay taking action.

When the Fe inferior kicks in, I also worry way too much about what others think of me and the impression I'm making.