User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I don't get drained by posting my thoughts, but I can get drained by interaction, especially if it's an argument.

MBTI
    I

Not at all draining. But then again, most of my posts are usually short. Then again I'm a strong introvert.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Nope. I'm an internet extravert.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    So I was browsing another forum I belong to and I saw an interesting topic. An extravert explained how posting was draining for them and they wondered how people could possibly post so many posts per day. I find that I could go on posting for hours and hours. Do any of you extraverts out there feel drained after posting too much? Or even introverts for that matter?
    Writing is like birthing a baby for large projects and still takes effort for short projects. Unless the writing's complete fluff, it's an expenditure of energy as much as doing something physical is.

I think my writing stamina is stronger than some, I can write a lot once I get going and I think in terms of writing and have been doing it for so long that I don't have to burn as much energy as some... but it's still a depletion of mental energy, and after a certain amount of time, I become exhausted and have to go recharge somewhere. Tense discussions drain energy faster because I have to spend time both on informational content as well as considering all the possibilities for how a particular post might be read by lots of different people.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Writing is like birthing a baby for large projects and still takes effort for short projects. Unless the writing's complete fluff, it's an expenditure of energy as much as doing something physical is.
    I take my previous post back. I'm pretty sure if all of my posts were as long and insightful as yours, I'd be drained too.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

It can be draining to write something that means a lot to me and then to get no response. Or is the word "discouraging"?
    One of the two.
    Or both...
    If I wanted to have no response, I'd write in my diary...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I get drained by reading...

Too much of the same old discussion. Too much of stuff that doesn't make much sense.

Even reading is too much, let along posting...
    +1 I often get drained from being online too long.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I'm not drained by posting here.
    On the other hand, I don't spend much time every day on Typology Central because I actually have a life outside of the internet,
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I enjoy it immensely which is why I post so often. However, if I stay on the Internet for too long in one day it makes me feel drained. I have to go outside and take a walk or ride my bike, or just do something else around the house, even if I don't have to go to work or anything, because staying on the computer for hours and hours isn't good for me.

Everything in moderation.

Phantonym

Posting is extremely draining for me. I'm not that used to wording my thoughts and I don't exactly write out everything that goes on in my mind during writing a particular post. It just gets disgusting after a while and...yeah.............