First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Well, I took this test >> OneIshy :: Personality/Temperament Test a lil while ago and I got Phlegmatic Melancholy. It fits my personality almost perfectly.

However, according to what everyone is saying, ISFPs do not have the Phlegmatic Melancholy personality. =P
    INTJ, Melancholic-Choleric. Fits me perfectly as well.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    IxTJ
    Enneagram
    5wB
    Socionics
    IxTj

I think the axes can be paired to yield correlations. my guesses are as follows:
    IN: Melancholic
    EN: Sanguine
    IS: Phlegmatic
    ES: Choleric
    Ix: Melancholic/Phlegmatic(Cold)
    Ex: Choleric/Sanguine (Hot)
    TP: Phlegmatic
    FP: Sanguine
    TJ: Melancholic
    FJ: Choleric
    xP: Phlegmatic/Sanguine (Moist)
    xJ: Choleric/Melancholic (Dry)

I'm an IxTJ, therefore in my theoretical correlation, I'm Cold and Melancholic or Melancholic/Phlegmatic with Melancholic dominant. Items I haven't established a correlation with are Ax (Ambiversion and SN-medium) AS, AN, Tx, Fx, and xx (in this case refering to TF-medium and JP-medium).

Feel free to offer opinions. I don't believe in the Five Temperament model, but if you do, you can modify my model for your own use.

ReflecTcelfeR

Correction. I received choleric melancholy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Quote Originally Posted by coronzon93 View Post
    I think the axes can be paired to yield correlations. my guesses are as follows:
    IN: Melancholic
    EN: Sanguine
    IS: Phlegmatic
    ES: Choleric
    Ix: Melancholic/Phlegmatic(Cold)
    Ex: Choleric/Sanguine (Hot)
    TP: Phlegmatic
    FP: Sanguine
    TJ: Melancholic
    FJ: Choleric
    xP: Phlegmatic/Sanguine (Moist)
    xJ: Choleric/Melancholic (Dry)

I'm an IxTJ, therefore in my theoretical correlation, I'm Cold and Melancholic or Melancholic/Phlegmatic with Melancholic dominant. Items I haven't established a correlation with are Ax (Ambiversion and SN-medium) AS, AN, Tx, Fx, and xx (in this case refering to TF-medium and JP-medium).

Feel free to offer opinions. I don't believe in the Five Temperament model, but if you do, you can modify my model for your own use.
    I think you may be on to something here. I'm ENFP, and my scores have been all over the map, but always as Sanguine primary. I was told I ought to be SangPhleg or SangChol. The only blend I ever felt confident in was SangMel, but that's really more of a social mask. So, thank you for posting this and making me feel like less of an anomaly. =)
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Here's a similar discussion, where I lay it all out according to the temperament factors:

http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive...ml#post1491148
    http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive...ml#post1494811
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't know but depending on the theory I'm either Sanguine-Phlegmatic (the theory that Eric B has posted on the site)....but in terms of other forms of the theory or tests I've taken I've gotten some traits of Melancholic...I don't know if those tests are just crap, or it's because socially I'm more introverted and I'm pretty sensitive.

I remember I read this book written by this fundamentalist Christian lady many years ago and I related to traits of both Sanguine and Melancholic in that particular book. Happy/Sad. Bipolar. LOL.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

That must have been Florence Littauer, who is associated with LaHaye.

It seems that many Melancholy descriptions have traits that anyone can identify with. I generally come out with it when I do traits tests as well. Here is another post from that other discussion today, where I really explain why they might not match all the time:
    http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive...ml#post1494768
    Melancholy also is described as having "strong feelings", which makes it sound like F, but for the purest Melancholy (The ISTJ), it would be from the tertiary Fi. Stuff like that in these cheaper tests is what will further throw things off.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    That must have been Florence Littauer, who is associated with LaHaye.

It seems that many Melancholy descriptions have traits that anyone can identify with. I generally come out with it when I do traits tests as well. Here is another post from that other discussion today, where I really explain why they might not match all the time:
    http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive...ml#post1494768
    Melancholy also is described as having "strong feelings", which makes it sound like F, but for the purest Melancholy (The ISTJ), it would be from the tertiary Fi. Stuff like that in these cheaper tests is what will further throw things off.
    Well, number one I've suffered from clinical depression, so that may have something to do with it, and two...it makes it sound like Melancholics write poetry, love art, and are aware of the pain and tragedy in the world. However, I could care less about being on time and I'm not sure I'm a perfectionist, either. I respond much more strongly to stimuli as well.

ISTJ is the ENFPs shadow self, and I know I'm more consciously aware of my Si than some ENFPs for whatever weird reason (being rasied by two SJs, so therefore forced to cultivate it to an extent at a younger age?) ...it's funny though because I think I fought against Si and ran from it in my teens in absolute horror, but embraced it more and more by the time I was in my twenties. I still hate working with details though. The devil is in the details, bro. *shudders*

I definitely think it makes sense for ISTJ to be Melancholic and ENFP to be Sanguine though.

ISTJ said to me the other day "you're happy, I'm sad." At first I took it literally and was like "lolwut, no"...but then he explained how much more cynical he is, how he's more subdued and pessimistic, and yeah...

ReflecTcelfeR

Why would I get Melancholic Choleric if I am an ENTP?... Very INTJ-ish.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well, number one I've suffered from clinical depression, so that may have something to do with it, and two...it makes it sound like Melancholics write poetry, love art, and are aware of the pain and tragedy in the world. However, I could care less about being on time and I'm not sure I'm a perfectionist, either. I respond much more strongly to stimuli as well.

ISTJ is the ENFPs shadow self, and I know I'm more consciously aware of my Si than some ENFPs for whatever weird reason (being rasied by two SJs, so therefore forced to cultivate it to an extent at a younger age?) ...it's funny though because I think I fought against Si and ran from it in my teens in absolute horror, but embraced it more and more by the time I was in my twenties. I still hate working with details though. The devil is in the details, bro. *shudders*

I definitely think it makes sense for ISTJ to be Melancholic and ENFP to be Sanguine though.

ISTJ said to me the other day "you're happy, I'm sad." At first I took it literally and was like "lolwut, no"...but then he explained how much more cynical he is, how he's more subdued and pessimistic, and yeah...
    All of that certainly makes sense.

Melancholies in the classic temperament systems generally are portrayed as the artistic ones; generally where the SP's (especially ISFP) are in Keirsey's system. Just imagine that hurdles I had to clear when I first saw the Keirsey temperaments with the "Artisan" as the Sanguine, and the Feeling temperament as Choleric.

The classic system seemed to make sense, because my father is very artistic, and an ISTJ-Melancholy. (That really showed when I was younger. Now, it's my mother; also ISTJ=pure Melancholy, whose artisticness has really blossomed in retirement. There's also a lot of Ne--developed inferior in the stuff she makes).

I guess artisticness is a general S thing, and SJ's will focus more on internalized stuff, while SP's will probably be more about the current senses.
    for some reason, Keirsey only picked this up in the SP's. The Galen systems identified it in the Melancholy. The systems before APS did not have the "Control area" distinction, so did not pick up any artisticness in the Sanguine, beyond their focus on "the senses" (which as mentioned in classic temperament, though not associated with Jung's "Sensing" function).

ISTP of course, is the one who is both Melancholic and Artisan. It actually was the only type known as "the Artisan" back when Keirsey had his old temperament names (with the SP as "Dionysian").
    The ISFP was called "The Artist". That one is often [informally] called "melancholy", though neither the Interaction Style, nor the conative temperament are Melancholic. (It's Phlegmatic-Sanguine). I guess it's similar to the ISTJ, but with the Feeling out front instead of tertiary, and again, more current sense focused.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Why would I get Melancholic Choleric if I am an ENTP?... Very INTJ-ish.
    I saw that before, but didn't notice your My Personality badge. So I went to your profile, but saw ESFP. So you changed? You actually said Choleric Melancholy in the previous post. That suggests ESTJ. (Don't know you enough to really have my own sense of your type).
    ENTP fits SanChlor (Jenocyde is good example, and others here have fit it as well). Don't know why it would come out Melancholy in place of Sanguine. I could see the Choleric being mellowed into Melancholy.

Type Ideas