• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Research

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
Can anyone share any interesting personality type research they have found?

I'm looking at a thesis that demonstrates some relationships between types and the written language they use (Dack, 2001). People with confirmed types provided several writing samples and they were analyzed for the following variables:

mean word count per sentence
mean clause count per sentence
percentage of adjectives to total words
percentage of adverbs to total words
percentage of infinitive verb phrases to total verbs

Strongly suggested relationships:

Male Js and words per sentence
Male Js and clauses per sentence
Female Ns and words per sentence
Males Es and clauses per sentence (inverse, so they used few)
Males Ss and clauses per sentence
Male Ss and adjectives (inverse)
Female Ts and infinitives (inverse)

G

garbage

Does verbosity REALLY depend on type?

I imagine I, S, T, and J to be the least verbose and the most concise.

Usually, I practically use run-on sentences, especially on topics that interest me.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I imagine I, S, T, and J to be the least verbose and the most concise.

Usually, I practically use run-on sentences, especially on topics that interest me.

exactly what i thought

I being more concise than T > J > S

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
also, the philosophy section might be a good place to draw your own conclusions from

people try to sound smart there cuz its conscious opinionated debate

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You won't find many STJs there, though.
I guess I prove the I-S-T-J theory; my sentences are pretty short. Especially if you count the areas between dashes/semicolons/whatever as sentences :)
I recommend that link that was posted earlier, because there, no one pretends to be anything. They all sound natural there, really - not trying to impress, or anything like that.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Just posting so that I can come back and have a look.