• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Cycle of Intuition

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've decided to create a chart to how I use my intuition (whether it be Ni or Ne).

I'm really unsure of the accuracy of this whatsoever (Ni), and I'd love to see some comments on how to modify this (Ne).

V2Gzf.png

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes. Please.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I like that chart. It's pretty indicative of introverted intuition. Extraverted intuition would be more like: notice something -> realize that it reminds you of something -> realize that the second thing reminds you of something else -> forget that whole sequence as you notice something else -> realize that that reminds you of something... so on and so forth. As you can see, not very useful without other ways of thinking to temper its fury.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*fills a glass* 16 years old, meets the tongue with a cherry flavoured taste and goes down the throat with a warm hazelnut aroma. Enjoy

Lightyear

I like that chart. It's pretty indicative of introverted intuition. Extraverted intuition would be more like: notice something -> realize that it reminds you of something -> realize that the second thing reminds you of something else -> forget that whole sequence as you notice something else -> realize that that reminds you of something... so on and so forth. As you can see, not very useful without other ways of thinking to temper its fury.

I can relate far more to that Ne description than to the Ni description but I am a very strong J and definitely an INFJ. Weird.

fill

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I messed up the arrows, but now it's fixed.

Thanks for the drink, entropie. :p

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But to not leave you stranded:

Your diagraph is very nice but its build on things that explain a thing that is not explainable. The strength of intuition is intuition itself. There is no explanation to that any further.

I today send a girl, I havent met in 6 years a music video and I thought nothing. She told me that this video is exactly about the movie she is watching right now. The music video actually dealt with the movie. I didnt know she was watching that, but maybe I did in the back of my head, but I wasnt aware of the fact anymore. Maybe thats a way to explain intuition: its a new combination of similiar things you experienced in different contexts. If its bullshit or not that noone knows.

To me its music. Music is the incarnation of intuition:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49a-rGDaK38"].[/YOUTUBE]

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
But to not leave you stranded:

Your diagraph is very nice but its build on things that explain a thing that is not explainable. The strength of intuition is intuition itself. There is no explanation to that any further.

true, but the OP is musing over the USE of intuituion rather than the source of it, so diagram attempted would be valid...accuracy of the diagram is a different issue

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well I think I wasnt that wrong then. You can use intuition or you can just intuit.

But you are right, she prolly wants to hear from the more rational types :).

Gimme a sign if you need me

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
like the bat-signal in the night sky?

intuit...that sounds like it could be another word for taking piss

i gtg intuit...brb

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You are such a kid, I am ashamed, really...