• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell me something J people...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just bear in mind, dont follow wrong ideals and dont try to define yourself or other people in your life over a four point letter code, narrowing down your sight and putting yourself in a place so that your own individualism does somehow make sense to you, ultimately ending in you having more questions, cause you just dont fit the proposed picture of type ever perfectly.

And bear in mind that my attitude on all this will be ever completly different from yours, americans got a knack for putting themselves into groups that's at least what I got to know from high-school movies. But they also got a knack for individuality and freedom of ones own thought and that should be the ultimately goal in the end: to be able to explain oneself, with ones own words and not by indulging oneself in talking about ones P-ness ;)

no i get it...i don't love labels...but there is a difference between this j/p thing...you KNOW there is!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i mean it looks like the j people i know are having less fun because they're too annoyed to enjoy themselves...unless everything is being done the way they want/need...ime

like...say you can't wake up and enjoy your morning unless the house is spotless first...

damn it ...never mind. maybe this is a pointless conversation...it just is the way it is...and i just wish the j people i know could chill....but whatever...carry on. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya, I just dont think the difference is like people like to have it on the forum. I know P-Types who can be organizing martyrs. Take the istp i.e. . According to socionics he's got Te and thats a trait I have come to know in my Dad for example.

He can be a total tyran and I was often inclined to type him a J, cause its just that obvious. But he is no J. There are those moments when his little kid comes out to play and he does totally irrational and unforseen things. And besides that there are days he is totally broke and needs my mum to drag him around, always asking if he does things right.

Only thing that makes him appear J is his loud mouth, organizing and planning abilities (he is the boss of his own company) and knack for dealing with accountant things.

Could be my personal introverted world that makes me view that, but I myself in comparison to him, always felt stronger in my pain tolerance and I even as a young child often took charge over the man without really noticing it. Could be that he loves me and did that, which is definitly true.

You see there are multiple factors playing into this and its not really possible to bring real sense to it. I settled with that discrepancy by accepting Jness as a rational function, namely F/T and Pness as a perceiving function, namely N/S and there are moments the one side is more active and there are moments were you just shut your mouth and let the things come to you.

But to say, a J type only i.e. is good at planning, just doesnt suffice in my opinion.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i mean it looks like the j people i know are having less fun because they're too annoyed to enjoy themselves...unless everything is being done the way they want/need...ime
I care about what I'm doing, yes...but not so much what everyone else is doing.

like...say you can't wake up and enjoy your morning unless the house is spotless first...

You should see my apartment on the weekdays. I don't have time to clean. Well I do, but there are better things that I could be doing. Like catching up on sleep or reading a book.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In my opinion for example its wrong to type fun-free people to be Js. That's just to plain to be true and moreoften used by people, who have other psychological problems, to justify their own boring existence.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Werd. I'm not angry. And I understand why Ps (or Es, for that matter) think I'm not having fun, because our idea of what constitutes fun is quite disparate.

Well, you live in a country that is much more J then mine.
I am also strong T so when I am myself I don't look happy (by standard definitions of being happy). People simply tent to think I am unhappy but I am not unhappy.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But I am out here now, if you want to continue Lady X feel free to PM me.

I had those kind of conversations far too often in the last year and they have just lost its touch :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Occasionally this kind of stuff can put me in a bad mood, but I try to just go with the flow.

Ha! My house is never clean! I think many people don't fall under this stereotype.

damn it ...never mind. maybe this is a pointless conversation...it just is the way it is...and i just wish the j people i know could chill....but whatever...carry on. :)
I don't think it was pointless. You asked a question looking for answers. :tongue:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn

^Little irritations you say?

For some Js the equivalent of fun in your world is making sure the house is clean. It satisfies them a lot. It is what their make-up drives them to do and as such is not such a chore as you think it to be from your perspective.

And as entropie said, not all Js stay away from what you consider fun.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you pissed off, annoyed and irritated a lil bit everyday? Bothered by people not doing things the way you would like?

and yeah...i might be half kidding...but...it seems like all the ones i know are just having a whole lot less fun...like you just wake up mad when something is out of order.

lil bit true or no?

No, I'm pretty happy-go-lucky. I run from perpetually cranky people.
:run:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you pissed off, annoyed and irritated a lil bit everyday? Bothered by people not doing things the way you would like?

and yeah...i might be half kidding...but...it seems like all the ones i know are just having a whole lot less fun...like you just wake up mad when something is out of order.

lil bit true or no?

Nope. No Js I know are like this, seems like a characteristic of stressed people. :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

lil bit true or no?

None of the above, i also can't control anyone else's behaviour or actions so i don't let it get to me. Its not worth my energy. :)

i don't really mean anything that has anything to do with plans...more about the way other people behave...too loud...too fast...too messy...why are they doing that?! or that?

like that? know what i mean? like annoyed by other people.

I have the worst freaking headache ever at the moment and my vision keeps on going blurred, my youngest (12) is chatting away, being far to loud and well i am not even going to go into his room. I'm just letting him get on with it, if i have a problem with him at some point then i will go and hide in my room. He is what he is, just because i feel like crap, i am not going to let it wind me up and take it personally. Life is to short to be stressing over the little things.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really? maybe you have to live with each other to know....or maybe it's just my j people.....or maybe it's just me.
confused2hw.gif

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm strong P and I know what you mean, LadyX. I've seen it too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thanks elaur. :smile:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think it's clear from the responses that the J's (at least on this forum) are not constant stressors and not constantly unhappy people, ready to explode.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
Maybe it's just that when we are stressed we're more likely to show that emotion than any of the others, so people associate that with us? I know it's very noticeable when something or someone gets on my ESTJ friend's nerves, even though it's only a fraction of the time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe it's just that when we are stressed we're more likely to show that emotion than any of the others, so people associate that with us? I know it's very noticeable when something or someone gets on my ESTJ friend's nerves, even though it's only a fraction of the time.

damn good one

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LadyX, for me at least, J has a lot of "shoulds" and ideas about what is appropriate and what is not. And it's extremely irksome when nothing is the way you think it should be. The most important thing I ever learned was "it is what it is." NOT what it should be. "It is what it is" was a revelation to me.

Not that I give up, mind you. I still want it the way it should be. A lot of the being irritated is about being tired of fighting for how it should be. Why fight? Because I have to. It's my job. God knows you're not doing it. :-D