• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell me something J people...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
some of my favorite people are j's not meaning to imply i detest anything about them...i'm just made aware quite often that they are upset about things...things that would never occur to me...i feel bad to see them walking around in a huff and wish they could be happier and let things go...but the whole thing is odd to me...i'm just curious about what it feels like to concern yourself so much with the order of things.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm just curious about what it feels like to concern yourself so much with the order of things.

It's going through life having a plan, however big or small, more than half of the time.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't really mean anything that has anything to do with plans...more about the way other people behave...too loud...too fast...too messy...why are they doing that?! or that?

like that? know what i mean? like annoyed by other people.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Plans include how social interactions should go.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think its less about to be concerned that everything is tidy and orderly or organized thats prolly more important to oneself, if the brain is haphazard without it.

It's about surviving, being the one with the plan, not forgettin the redline in a project, focussing on the outcome, maximizing knowledge out of curiousity and concretly implementing it to actually create something, to become someone, to build something or reach a long-term goal.

I dont think P's lack that in any way, but what they could lack for example is that long-term planning. A friend of mine, who lives 200 miles from here wanted to move to my town to study here but recently spoiled the idea, cause his girlfriend moved back in with him.

I dont say he is dumb or doesent follow a clear plan. But I couldnt change my mind that fast. I always need something distant in the future I can look out to, to reach with my current activities but I couldnt live life on the spur of the moment.

All other so called qualities of Js, like being able to organize something or being a leader or whatsoever are qualities you can bring out in every other person too. If you are a good J.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh...i just noticed you're a j now :D
i was like wth are you on about! haha i see...entj now...okay.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Try to ignore my type, I am not convinced about that. Nor will I ever be :D

And thats not cause I am undecided, but because I think the system sucks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i am. :D

but...in this respect...you do identify with a j perspective?

Frank

This has definitely lessened as I have aged. Somewhere along the way I realized certain situations work out better if you can go with the flow a little more. My s/o is an enfp and she has really helped me in this department. Sometimes on weekends i'll just let her random whims guide us and we usually end up having some sort of fun adventure. Mostly I find her general approach to be too chaotic and crazy but when business is taken care of, why the hell not.

G

garbage

I dont think P's lack that in any way, but what they could lack for example is that long-term planning. A friend of mine, who lives 200 miles from here wanted to move to my town to study here but recently spoiled the idea, cause his girlfriend moved back in with him.

I dont say he is dumb or doesent follow a clear plan. But I couldnt change my mind that fast. I always need something distant in the future I can look out to, to reach with my current activities but I couldnt live life on the spur of the moment.

The main difference might be in the specificity of the plan.

I've known that I wanted to obtain a Ph.D. since my early college days, and, despite nearly deviating from that plan several times, I kept coming back to it. I've been open to opportunities that have allowed me to change the shape of the specific degree.

I know I'm going to propose to my girlfriend, but I'm not exactly sure when. Nor am I sure exactly when the wedding should take place. I'll have to wait and see what happens over the next few months as certain transitions occur in her life. I'm prepared for none of this to even happen, too.. who knows what could happen between now and then?

I feel uncomfortable planning out details, despite how necessary it can be. I can't go without a general plan in most endeavors, though.. I like some direction of where things are headed.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
oh i am.

but...in this respect...you do identify with a j perspective?

I cant answer that question, cause I really dont understand what to you all a J-Perspective feels like.

When I tried to find out what type I am, I read into personal descriptions and watched people claiming to be of that type. And I have now organized and personalized those information too that great extent that its useable for me.

And it helps me to get to know people and have a general idea what's up with them on first glance.

But I will never fully be able to tell you or to really know what the heck you are talking about at all.

To me its clearly that a J person is different from a P person, but to generalize people in black and white just doesnt work for me. I can tell you how it is for me and how it could possibly be for some close people I now.

But to give you the answer you seek that makes it easy to put all people on the world in J and P categories I cant. Maybe iwakar can do that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha! well yes i know...stereotyping is bad...BUT! totally necessary for this here conversation...just...j people....why so annoyed? that's all i'm sayin. :cheese:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Cause you are picky, but not creating the impression that you actually learn something :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wait...i'm picky? or j people are picky? who's not learning something...haha

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya, I got a bad day today, its already 7:15 pm and I am still sober -.-

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i see...i could sense something was off. :p

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
i'm just curious about what it feels like to concern yourself so much with the order of things.

I guess it is time to for me to join. Especially since Iwakar can give you just part of the story. Since she is an FJ while I am TJ. (what makes a big difference)

In my case that has pretty much nothing to do with concerns on any kind.

When you ask why I am so J its is like I ask you to give up on your feelings or intuition. It has nothing to do with concerns this is simply who I am.

You take planning as something what you do in difficult situations and you always relate this to stress. But the trick is that you judge too subjectively here. Since the planning is something what makes me who I am and if I don't see direct reasons to be "flexibile" (like in the situations there are alot of unknowns) I will plan something. In most cases I simply make some general planns/goals and I adapt as I go. Since society in which I live in is very random/unorganised.

I almost always have to hide my J since I am strong J. Becase that J makes me look even more rigid then I am. Plus everybody think I am angry all the time or unhappy. Which is exactly because they are Ps and they judge me by their logic and to be honest I see similar logic behind your question.

The bottom line is that you and I function on a very different way.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Just bear in mind, dont follow wrong ideals and dont try to define yourself or other people in your life over a four point letter code, narrowing down your sight and putting yourself in a place so that your own individualism does somehow make sense to you, ultimately ending in you having more questions, cause you just dont fit the proposed picture of type ever perfectly.

And bear in mind that my attitude on all this will be ever completly different from yours, americans got a knack for putting themselves into groups that's at least what I got to know from high-school movies. But they also got a knack for individuality and freedom of ones own thought and that should be the ultimate goal in the end: to be able to express oneself, with ones own words and not by indulging oneself in talking about ones P-ness ;)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you ask why I am so J its is like I ask you to give up on your feelings or intuition. It has nothing to do with concerns this is simply who I am.

I almost always have to hide my J since I am strong J. Becase that J makes me look even more rigid then I am. Plus everybody think I am angry all the time or unhappy. Which is exactly because they are Ps and they judge me by their logic and to be honest I see similar logic behind your question.
Werd. I'm not angry. And I understand why Ps (or Es, for that matter) think I'm not having fun, because our idea of what constitutes fun is quite disparate.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and yeah...i might be half kidding...but...it seems like all the ones i know are just having a whole lot less fun...like you just wake up mad when something is out of order.

lil bit true or no?

Hmm...don't think I'm having less fun, it's more that I often don't have fun as 'fun' is defined by P's!! ;) I don't enjoy carefree randomness (although sometimes I can, if I'm 'prepared' or plan for it ;)). I have fun in different ways.

Basically what Lauren Ashley said.