• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell me something J people...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you pissed off, annoyed and irritated a lil bit everyday? Bothered by people not doing things the way you would like?

and yeah...i might be half kidding...but...it seems like all the ones i know are just having a whole lot less fun...like you just wake up mad when something is out of order.

lil bit true or no?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reverse the question and you'll have your answer.

Are you completely out of sorts when forced to adhere to a schedule?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not anymore, I was very and everyday when I was a kid, but I started to understand that this kind of attitude is not worth a heart attack. I am still tho giving myself one facepalm after another when watching TV and certain people doing certain things, I tho started to change that too and only watch the documentary channel nowadays.

The only way out is to start living in your own phase-delayed universe so you keep your mind and soul healthy + always own a gun for emergency issues, if someone does something so ultimately dumb and totally influences your life, dragging you down with him.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hahaha, not for me. You gotta live life to the fullest!

On a related note, I find that when I'm around stronger J's (I'm a weaker J), I'm less happy because things are too stringent and not loose or relaxed enough. When I'm around P's, however, I find myself significantly happier.

G

garbage

Pretty much, yeah

So does that mean that the answer to the OP's question is "Pretty much, yeah" too?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you mean am i not irritated everyday? no i'm not...i wake up happy...i don't expect people to behave according to my wishes so i'm not really bothered when they don't.

and someone elses schedule that they have no right to enforce upon me...sure...yeah that bothers me lots. is that what you mean?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL

You didn't answer my question. And yet you did.

:nice:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dont let yourself get confused by iwakar, she hasnt an answer to your question herself ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL

You didn't answer my question. And yet you did.

:nice:

Dont let yourself get confused by iwakar, she hasnt an answer to your question herself ;)

what? i thought i did? i reversed the question...and then asked if that's what you meant...did i not do it right? did it annoy you haha...j/k but seriously what do you mean?

and! you didn't really answer mine either...are you saying you find yourself pissed off a bit everyday?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll speak plainly for educational purposes. I do get mildly annoyed if it's only mildly important. If it's terribly important, I am terribly annoyed.

Maturity clearly plays a role. We should all be flexible in our natures... the irony of being a Perceiver is that flexible in your case requires you to be more rigid at times.

Conundrum?

G

garbage

the irony of being a Perceiver is that flexible in your case requires you to be more rigid at times.

From the standpoint that perceivers are inflexible about being inflexible? Yeah, it kind of makes sense.

There's no way around that irony, just as there's no way around the same sort of conundrum in a statement, "All generalizations are bad."

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
All INFJ are equal, but some INFJ are more equal than others (I am still believing in that idea)

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
A little bit true. Not always...I do have a free-spirited side. It's the days that I'm getting stuck on ideals left and right that I have to step back and re-evaluate. I'm usually tired or stressed or hungry or spread too thin, and I have to figure out a way to balance my life better. After I find balance again, I settle down and hop off my broom. :tongue::blush:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From the standpoint that perceivers are inflexible about being inflexible? Yeah, it kind of makes sense.

There's no way around that irony, just as there's no way around the same sort of conundrum in a statement, "All generalizations are bad."

Agreed.

I see a lot of Perceivers round these parts railing on the inflexibility of Judgers. Get over it and get on with it, says I. The painful irony of this harping is that by never attempting discipline, order, or decisiveness themselves, *they are indulging in their preference to the point of embodying the inflexibility they so detest.

J doesn't negate flexibility, nor does P negate inflexibility.

*It's worth noting that I don't include Lady X among this crowd.

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think I totally misunderstood the OP :D

G

garbage

Agreed.

I see a lot of Perceivers round these parts railing on the inflexibility of Judgers. Get over it and get on with it, says I. The painful irony of this harping is that by never attempting discipline, order, or decisiveness themselves, *they are indulging in their preference to the point of embodying the inflexibility they so detest.

J doesn't negate flexibility, nor does P negate inflexibility.

From the Perceiver's perspective, the J imposes on the P, but the P leaves the J free to do what he wants; therefore, the P is more flexible than the J. However, in a way, even a P asking the J not to impose on him is imposing on the nature of the J. So is the creation of last-minute plans, being late, not delivering upon promises.. you get the point.

.. completely supporting my own point about P's, though.. I'm not sure what the problem is with a P's lack of discipline or order unless it affects other people.