User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Just bear in mind, dont follow wrong ideals and dont try to define yourself or other people in your life over a four point letter code, narrowing down your sight and putting yourself in a place so that your own individualism does somehow make sense to you, ultimately ending in you having more questions, cause you just dont fit the proposed picture of type ever perfectly.

And bear in mind that my attitude on all this will be ever completly different from yours, americans got a knack for putting themselves into groups that's at least what I got to know from high-school movies. But they also got a knack for individuality and freedom of ones own thought and that should be the ultimately goal in the end: to be able to explain oneself, with ones own words and not by indulging oneself in talking about ones P-ness
    no i get it...i don't love labels...but there is a difference between this j/p thing...you KNOW there is!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i mean it looks like the j people i know are having less fun because they're too annoyed to enjoy themselves...unless everything is being done the way they want/need...ime

like...say you can't wake up and enjoy your morning unless the house is spotless first...

damn it ...never mind. maybe this is a pointless conversation...it just is the way it is...and i just wish the j people i know could chill....but whatever...carry on.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya, I just dont think the difference is like people like to have it on the forum. I know P-Types who can be organizing martyrs. Take the istp i.e. . According to socionics he's got Te and thats a trait I have come to know in my Dad for example.

He can be a total tyran and I was often inclined to type him a J, cause its just that obvious. But he is no J. There are those moments when his little kid comes out to play and he does totally irrational and unforseen things. And besides that there are days he is totally broke and needs my mum to drag him around, always asking if he does things right.

Only thing that makes him appear J is his loud mouth, organizing and planning abilities (he is the boss of his own company) and knack for dealing with accountant things.

Could be my personal introverted world that makes me view that, but I myself in comparison to him, always felt stronger in my pain tolerance and I even as a young child often took charge over the man without really noticing it. Could be that he loves me and did that, which is definitly true.

You see there are multiple factors playing into this and its not really possible to bring real sense to it. I settled with that discrepancy by accepting Jness as a rational function, namely F/T and Pness as a perceiving function, namely N/S and there are moments the one side is more active and there are moments were you just shut your mouth and let the things come to you.

But to say, a J type only i.e. is good at planning, just doesnt suffice in my opinion.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i mean it looks like the j people i know are having less fun because they're too annoyed to enjoy themselves...unless everything is being done the way they want/need...ime
    I care about what I'm doing, yes...but not so much what everyone else is doing.

like...say you can't wake up and enjoy your morning unless the house is spotless first...
    You should see my apartment on the weekdays. I don't have time to clean. Well I do, but there are better things that I could be doing. Like catching up on sleep or reading a book.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

In my opinion for example its wrong to type fun-free people to be Js. That's just to plain to be true and moreoften used by people, who have other psychological problems, to justify their own boring existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Werd. I'm not angry. And I understand why Ps (or Es, for that matter) think I'm not having fun, because our idea of what constitutes fun is quite disparate.
    Well, you live in a country that is much more J then mine.
    I am also strong T so when I am myself I don't look happy (by standard definitions of being happy). People simply tent to think I am unhappy but I am not unhappy.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

But I am out here now, if you want to continue Lady X feel free to PM me.

I had those kind of conversations far too often in the last year and they have just lost its touch

your resident asshole

Occasionally this kind of stuff can put me in a bad mood, but I try to just go with the flow.

Ha! My house is never clean! I think many people don't fall under this stereotype.

damn it ...never mind. maybe this is a pointless conversation...it just is the way it is...and i just wish the j people i know could chill....but whatever...carry on.
    I don't think it was pointless. You asked a question looking for answers.

MBTI
    nnnn

^Little irritations you say?

For some Js the equivalent of fun in your world is making sure the house is clean. It satisfies them a lot. It is what their make-up drives them to do and as such is not such a chore as you think it to be from your perspective.

And as entropie said, not all Js stay away from what you consider fun.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Are you pissed off, annoyed and irritated a lil bit everyday? Bothered by people not doing things the way you would like?

and yeah...i might be half kidding...but...it seems like all the ones i know are just having a whole lot less fun...like you just wake up mad when something is out of order.

lil bit true or no?
    No, I'm pretty happy-go-lucky. I run from perpetually cranky people.