User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

some of my favorite people are j's not meaning to imply i detest anything about them...i'm just made aware quite often that they are upset about things...things that would never occur to me...i feel bad to see them walking around in a huff and wish they could be happier and let things go...but the whole thing is odd to me...i'm just curious about what it feels like to concern yourself so much with the order of things.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm just curious about what it feels like to concern yourself so much with the order of things.
    It's going through life having a plan, however big or small, more than half of the time.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't really mean anything that has anything to do with plans...more about the way other people behave...too loud...too fast...too messy...why are they doing that?! or that?

like that? know what i mean? like annoyed by other people.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Plans include how social interactions should go.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think its less about to be concerned that everything is tidy and orderly or organized thats prolly more important to oneself, if the brain is haphazard without it.

It's about surviving, being the one with the plan, not forgettin the redline in a project, focussing on the outcome, maximizing knowledge out of curiousity and concretly implementing it to actually create something, to become someone, to build something or reach a long-term goal.

I dont think P's lack that in any way, but what they could lack for example is that long-term planning. A friend of mine, who lives 200 miles from here wanted to move to my town to study here but recently spoiled the idea, cause his girlfriend moved back in with him.

I dont say he is dumb or doesent follow a clear plan. But I couldnt change my mind that fast. I always need something distant in the future I can look out to, to reach with my current activities but I couldnt live life on the spur of the moment.

All other so called qualities of Js, like being able to organize something or being a leader or whatsoever are qualities you can bring out in every other person too. If you are a good J.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh...i just noticed you're a j now
    i was like wth are you on about! haha i see...entj now...okay.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Try to ignore my type, I am not convinced about that. Nor will I ever be

And thats not cause I am undecided, but because I think the system sucks.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh i am.

but...in this respect...you do identify with a j perspective?
    -Jim Morrison

This has definitely lessened as I have aged. Somewhere along the way I realized certain situations work out better if you can go with the flow a little more. My s/o is an enfp and she has really helped me in this department. Sometimes on weekends i'll just let her random whims guide us and we usually end up having some sort of fun adventure. Mostly I find her general approach to be too chaotic and crazy but when business is taken care of, why the hell not.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont think P's lack that in any way, but what they could lack for example is that long-term planning. A friend of mine, who lives 200 miles from here wanted to move to my town to study here but recently spoiled the idea, cause his girlfriend moved back in with him.

I dont say he is dumb or doesent follow a clear plan. But I couldnt change my mind that fast. I always need something distant in the future I can look out to, to reach with my current activities but I couldnt live life on the spur of the moment.
    The main difference might be in the specificity of the plan.

I've known that I wanted to obtain a Ph.D. since my early college days, and, despite nearly deviating from that plan several times, I kept coming back to it. I've been open to opportunities that have allowed me to change the shape of the specific degree.

I know I'm going to propose to my girlfriend, but I'm not exactly sure when. Nor am I sure exactly when the wedding should take place. I'll have to wait and see what happens over the next few months as certain transitions occur in her life. I'm prepared for none of this to even happen, too.. who knows what could happen between now and then?

I feel uncomfortable planning out details, despite how necessary it can be. I can't go without a general plan in most endeavors, though.. I like some direction of where things are headed.