User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Am I unhealthy?

your resident asshole

Default Am I unhealthy?

I haven't been truly happy with my life since I was about 10. I focused much more on my external world there, and focused less on introspection. I spoke first and reflected after. Now I do the opposite, but I am not happy with it. I find myself always alone with my thoughts and feelings. Without outside stimulation, this is all I have. But I find that when I am alone too long with my thoughts and feelings, I become depressive. I never find myself being "drained" from a lot of social interaction. Then again, I don't think I've ever experienced enough to become drained. Do I sound like a self-hating introvert, or am I a closet extravert? :/

MBTI
    xxxx

From the pathos moment I'm having, I'm going to say that you're a self-hating introvert. You're as healthy/unhealthy as I was, I'd speculate. My advice is to discover what really matters to you and make sure you act in a way that you find acceptable. Knowing that you've done the "right" thing should keep you out of a depressive mood.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    UFO

That's exactly how I start feeling after I've spent too much time introspecting. And when I say too much, I mean too much. Like weeks without socializing. >.> I always find that hanging out with friends and letting myself get lost in the external world rather than the internal world relieves this. Also, I don't think it has much to do with introversion or extraversion. I just think that too much(relatively speaking) of something, is never good. Also, extraverts need to introvert just as much as introverts need to extravert.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

How old are you, may I ask? Maybe it has something to do with age? I'm a teenager and it seems it's the time when our emotions and personality are the most vulnerable because of the amount of changing we do and how fast it builds up.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    How old are you, may I ask? Maybe it has something to do with age?
    I believe she's 15.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah. It's called being a teenager. Everything seems like the end of the world now. As you get older, you will gain more perspective.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah. It's called being a teenager. Everything seems like the end of the world now. As you get older, you will gain more perspective.
    Not to sound cruel Disney Geek, and being just a year older than you (given that you are 15), I'd agree with the Jeff-meister on this one. Hormones, bodily chemicals, responsibility, rapid mind expansion and awareness are all ingredients to a restless few years that is adolescence. I've struggled with it, I kind of thought it was something other, but I've learned it's all natural..just go with the flow.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    From the pathos moment I'm having, I'm going to say that you're a self-hating introvert. You're as healthy/unhealthy as I was, I'd speculate. My advice is to discover what really matters to you and make sure you act in a way that you find acceptable. Knowing that you've done the "right" thing should keep you out of a depressive mood.
    Nice advice.

Quote Originally Posted by dotdalidot View Post
    That's exactly how I start feeling after I've spent too much time introspecting. And when I say too much, I mean too much. Like weeks without socializing. >.> I always find that hanging out with friends and letting myself get lost in the external world rather than the internal world relieves this. Also, I don't think it has much to do with introversion or extraversion. I just think that too much(relatively speaking) of something, is never good. Also, extraverts need to introvert just as much as introverts need to extravert.
    True. It seems like extraverts have a lot more fun, though. D:

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul
    How old are you, may I ask? Maybe it has something to do with age? I'm a teenager and it seems it's the time when our emotions and personality are the most vulnerable because of the amount of changing we do and how fast it builds up.
    Yeah, that's so true. Maybe most people my age just ignore this and go on living happily. I just don't feel like I'm on the same level with many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I believe she's 15.
    Stalker. >.> But yeah.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Not to sound cruel Disney Geek, and being just a year older than you (given that you are 15), I'd agree with the Jeff-meister on this one. Hormones, bodily chemicals, responsibility, rapid mind expansion and awareness are all ingredients to a restless few years that is adolescence. I've struggled with it, I kind of thought it was something other, but I've learned it's all natural..just go with the flow.
    That doesn't sound cruel at all. It just seems so weird how other people are living so seemingly... normally. It kind of makes you wonder what goes through everyone's minds when you're in a public place.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yep it's called being a teenager. I was like that when I was younger, but then I realized I was just a balanced introvert that liked to socialize. It's difficult for me to get "drained" from it. But I don't get "energized". The only noticeable effects it has on me are I am much more tired when I get to being tired.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)