• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I unhealthy?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I haven't been truly happy with my life since I was about 10. I focused much more on my external world there, and focused less on introspection. I spoke first and reflected after. Now I do the opposite, but I am not happy with it. I find myself always alone with my thoughts and feelings. Without outside stimulation, this is all I have. But I find that when I am alone too long with my thoughts and feelings, I become depressive. I never find myself being "drained" from a lot of social interaction. Then again, I don't think I've ever experienced enough to become drained. Do I sound like a self-hating introvert, or am I a closet extravert? :/

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
From the pathos moment I'm having, I'm going to say that you're a self-hating introvert. You're as healthy/unhealthy as I was, I'd speculate. My advice is to discover what really matters to you and make sure you act in a way that you find acceptable. Knowing that you've done the "right" thing should keep you out of a depressive mood.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
That's exactly how I start feeling after I've spent too much time introspecting. And when I say too much, I mean too much. Like weeks without socializing. >.> I always find that hanging out with friends and letting myself get lost in the external world rather than the internal world relieves this. Also, I don't think it has much to do with introversion or extraversion. I just think that too much(relatively speaking) of something, is never good. Also, extraverts need to introvert just as much as introverts need to extravert.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
How old are you, may I ask? Maybe it has something to do with age? I'm a teenager and it seems it's the time when our emotions and personality are the most vulnerable because of the amount of changing we do and how fast it builds up.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah. It's called being a teenager. Everything seems like the end of the world now. As you get older, you will gain more perspective. :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah. It's called being a teenager. Everything seems like the end of the world now. As you get older, you will gain more perspective. :)

Not to sound cruel Disney Geek, and being just a year older than you (given that you are 15), I'd agree with the Jeff-meister on this one. Hormones, bodily chemicals, responsibility, rapid mind expansion and awareness are all ingredients to a restless few years that is adolescence. I've struggled with it, I kind of thought it was something other, but I've learned it's all natural..just go with the flow.

/DG/

From the pathos moment I'm having, I'm going to say that you're a self-hating introvert. You're as healthy/unhealthy as I was, I'd speculate. My advice is to discover what really matters to you and make sure you act in a way that you find acceptable. Knowing that you've done the "right" thing should keep you out of a depressive mood.
Nice advice.

That's exactly how I start feeling after I've spent too much time introspecting. And when I say too much, I mean too much. Like weeks without socializing. >.> I always find that hanging out with friends and letting myself get lost in the external world rather than the internal world relieves this. Also, I don't think it has much to do with introversion or extraversion. I just think that too much(relatively speaking) of something, is never good. Also, extraverts need to introvert just as much as introverts need to extravert.
True. It seems like extraverts have a lot more fun, though. D:

OneWithSoul said:
How old are you, may I ask? Maybe it has something to do with age? I'm a teenager and it seems it's the time when our emotions and personality are the most vulnerable because of the amount of changing we do and how fast it builds up.
Yeah, that's so true. Maybe most people my age just ignore this and go on living happily. I just don't feel like I'm on the same level with many people.

I believe she's 15.
Stalker. >.> But yeah.

/DG/

:alttongue:

Not to sound cruel Disney Geek, and being just a year older than you (given that you are 15), I'd agree with the Jeff-meister on this one. Hormones, bodily chemicals, responsibility, rapid mind expansion and awareness are all ingredients to a restless few years that is adolescence. I've struggled with it, I kind of thought it was something other, but I've learned it's all natural..just go with the flow.
That doesn't sound cruel at all. It just seems so weird how other people are living so seemingly... normally. It kind of makes you wonder what goes through everyone's minds when you're in a public place.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep it's called being a teenager. I was like that when I was younger, but then I realized I was just a balanced introvert that liked to socialize. It's difficult for me to get "drained" from it. But I don't get "energized". The only noticeable effects it has on me are I am much more tired when I get to being tired.