User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Default Is there such a thing as worst match?

I've read that keeping the two inner functions the same and having the opposite functions on the ends determines your "best match." (For example, ESFP/ISFJ) So then I was wondering, does that mean that keeping the two functions on the end and switching the ones in the middle would be your worst match? (For example, ESFP/ENTJ) That might make sense because I've never met an ENTJ I didn't think was a total @&*$% but it also seems like it wouldn't be that black and white. I know in socionics they have "conflict relationships" and that would be your complete opposite (For example, ESFP/INTJ)...

Thoughts?
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

your resident asshole

I always thought your worst match would be your complete opposite...

To be honest I think this is something quite individual. Any combination can work.

The only real problem is when someone is expressed in a few letters and the other side is as well (in the opposite letter od course) .

But very balanced ESFP and very balanced INTJ are actually quite similar people.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah there isn't a true match for a type overall. It's an individual thing. For example my "worst" match is probably ENTP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    xxxx

From my experience, it all depends on a person's inferior function; they tend to either love or hate people who use it.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think Keirsey gives us a hint of what our worst match would be..

The Keirseyan opposites

ENTP/ISTJ
    ENFP/ISTP
    INTP/ESTJ
    INFP/ESTP
    ENTJ/ISFJ
    ENFJ/ISFP
    INTJ/ESFJ
    INFJ/ESFP

The Keirseyan ideal relationships are different in every way except for the N/S function.. these couples are different in every way (method of social interaction and temperament) and are practically aliens to each other.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I think Keirsey gives us a hint of what our worst match would be..

The Keirseyan opposites

INFP/ESTP

The Keirseyan ideal relationships are different in every way except for the N/S function.. these couples are different in every way (method of social interaction and temperament) and are practically aliens to each other.
    This is individual as well. I agree with Kiersey's ideal relationships. I love ENTJs, I wish I had an ENTJ woman! I'd totally love that. The ENTJs I've met have been great. The males have been good friends, and I've gotten insane chemistry with the females.

As for ESTPs, I have no issue with them whatsoever. I enjoy their company a lot. I would like one of them for a relationship (if they were mature enough to dedicate) as well.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

garbage

My ENTP/ISFJ parents have about the worst relationship in the world, and my EsFJ sister and ENTP husband conflict a lot.

In both of these cases, the females get pissed that the males don't "pay attention" or "consider others." While I (obviously) have a mindset that's more like my dad's and my brother-in-law's, I'm sympathetic to the opposing viewpoint.

If one person's driving functions are another's undeveloped ones (talking the four-function model here), they'll probably just have a horrible time understanding each other. I don't do well with Fe and Si, myself. Overuse of them in others tends to grate me, and I'm sure their lack of development in me grates others around me, too. In my experience, this barrier is not easily surmountable.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    My ENTP/ISFJ parents have about the worst relationship in the world, and my EsFJ sister and ENTP husband conflict a lot.

In both of these cases, the females get pissed that the males don't "pay attention" or "consider others." While I (obviously) have a mindset that's more like my dad's and my brother-in-law's, I'm sympathetic to the opposing viewpoint.
    Sure, but there's no excuse for not considering others. I find it helps to have general rules for conduct. That way you don't need to be actually considerate, merely consistent in applying your rules.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Sure, but there's no excuse for not considering others. I find it helps to have general rules for conduct. That way you don't need to be actually considerate, merely consistent in applying your rules.
    I completely agree. But I place considering others--and paying attention--in quotes because the females' perception is that these guys are completely selfish and completely inattentive. Since these tasks are more difficult or less valued for the men and come naturally for the ladies, it comes across as though they're not even trying. This is a problem, and it's possibly an example of how certain matches can be outright bad.

(I'm only a bit "better off" than these other guys because I'm aware of the models that might describe my own weaknesses and have sought to use them as a tool to iron them out. I still conflict with my mother at times, but at least I understand why.

Thankfully, my ISFJ mother was a very good influence on me regarding considering other people, politeness, and so on. That and the fact that I've studied psychology makes me at least aware of the social etiquette arena; whether or not I choose to obey it is situational and dependent on the level of effort required. I know my limitations with the whole "Fe" thing, but there are parts of it that I greatly value and have absorbed as part of my own personality.)