User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    What do you count? The functions?
    Which type did you use as reference?
    Cause INTP vs INTP can only be 0% or 100% whichever thing you're counting.
    Right.
    The standpoint is ESFP. The Nemesis INTJ. Between them there is three grades.

deleted

They have matches in socionics, but as far as MBTI it seems less perfected in that sense, since socionics is about relationships. So I can safely say that some Fe dominant type is my worst match. However on a realistic scale, it depends upon the person.

I would not say that INTJ and ESFP are necessarily nemeses, since a large amount of INTJ are probably ILI in socionics.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    I've read that keeping the two inner functions the same and having the opposite functions on the ends determines your "best match." (For example, ESFP/ISFJ) So then I was wondering, does that mean that keeping the two functions on the end and switching the ones in the middle would be your worst match? (For example, ESFP/ENTJ) That might make sense because I've never met an ENTJ I didn't think was a total @&*$% but it also seems like it wouldn't be that black and white. I know in socionics they have "conflict relationships" and that would be your complete opposite (For example, ESFP/INTJ)...

Thoughts?
    Back when I thought i was ENTJ, I was sort of dating an ESFP
    --similar energy levels
    --fun times
    --i dont think she could ever get over my strangeness (N)

However, I wouldnt say it was "the worst" match ever...then again Im pretty sure im ENFJ.

Theres a theory out there that supports nearly EVERY possible match! You just pick and choose, and you can justify any match. For example:

ENTJ and ESFP
    Te Se
    Ni Fi
    Se Te

They could be a great match cuz they share eachothers tertiaries! it could be an energizing relationship!

other examples:
    ENFJ ISTP could be great cuz they share the Ni-Se axis! Or ESFJ ISTP could be better cuz they share S! Or ENFJ ISTJ could be better because they cover up each others shadow functions rather than inferiori functions!. or ESFJ ISTJ could be better because they share SJ temparement.

It literally goes on and on.

BUT, my intuitions still tell me that these are bad: INTJ ESFJ and ESFP INTP. ENTJ and ESFJ. ESTP and INFP. Actually...I recognize a pattern here...

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    I've read that keeping the two inner functions the same and having the opposite functions on the ends determines your "best match." (For example, ESFP/ISFJ) So then I was wondering, does that mean that keeping the two functions on the end and switching the ones in the middle would be your worst match? (For example, ESFP/ENTJ) That might make sense because I've never met an ENTJ I didn't think was a total @&*$% but it also seems like it wouldn't be that black and white. I know in socionics they have "conflict relationships" and that would be your complete opposite (For example, ESFP/INTJ)... Thoughts?
    ESFP/ISFJ don't have the same inner functions.
    ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni
    ISFJ - Si Fe Ti Ne
    They're mirror functions.
    The example you're looking for is INTP/INFP, ENTJ/ENFJ, etc.)

Again, ESFP/ENTJ don't work in terms of having the same outer functions (aka dominant and inferior functions) whilst keeping the same inner ones.
    ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni
    ENTJ - Te Ni Se Fe
    The example you're looking for is ENTJ/ESTJ, ISTP/INTP, etc.

ESFPs and INTJs are not "complete opposites". They both use the same functions, just in reverse.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

I was with an ISTJ and it wasn't my worst relationship. I don't think he "got" me though.

I don't think he really "got" anybody...

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

My first girlfriend was a CRZY. I don't recommend dating one unless you are also a CRZY.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

Also, whatever my ex-husband is is a horrible match for everyone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Yeah. Me and my mother (extremely conservative ISTJ).

*snorts loudly*
    If I'm saint, then you're heaven
    My only
    If I'm a waste, then you're golden
    My only
    If I'm a shame, then you're bolder than all of me
    If I'm a saint, then you're heaven
    My only

Cement for all of our teeth

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Please ignore certain spelling and grammatical errors, English is not my mother tongue.

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

i'm the worst match for everyone here because i'm istj

but seriously
    .....hmmm

i'd vote intj + incompetence. it's always a shit match and intj is more likely to kick your ass.

i do actually like socionics intertype interpretations, tho. the description of ESTp and ISTp in socionics is like. accurate. we just dont really "see" each other eye to eye. and INTp / ISTp is like... yeah we're kinda alike. Less conflict, but alike,

In before MBTI INTJs start going "WHAAAT??? ALIKE?? ISTJ??? ME???" anyhow
    “Don’t use your strength to oppress, (but also) don’t let your weakness make you feel helpless.”
    - Rurouni Kenshin

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    - Kino no Tabi

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

Quote Originally Posted by sophiabrown View Post
    ESFP/ISFJ don't have the same inner functions.
    ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni
    ISFJ - Si Fe Ti Ne
    They're mirror functions.
    The example you're looking for is INTP/INFP, ENTJ/ENFJ, etc.)

Again, ESFP/ENTJ don't work in terms of having the same outer functions (aka dominant and inferior functions) whilst keeping the same inner ones.
    ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni
    ENTJ - Te Ni Se Fe
    The example you're looking for is ENTJ/ESTJ, ISTP/INTP, etc.

ESFPs and INTJs are not "complete opposites". They both use the same functions, just in reverse.
    is probably duality in socionics ohohohohohoho

i wanna see them in action. anyone have experience with that??? an intj friend was really into estps for some reason. i think it's the Se.

But like once you date one you'll see why in socionics it's duality. Lots to overcome, but cognition wise there's a lot to offer, same functions means there's some level of understanding if both parties ar ecomfortable iwth themselves, etc etc

NOT to say that that ENFP match wasn't fucking terrible in other ways for me, if he was less of a shitty person I'd sing praises about it.
    “Don’t use your strength to oppress, (but also) don’t let your weakness make you feel helpless.”
    - Rurouni Kenshin

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    - Kino no Tabi