• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What does SF mean?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Does it mean that you communicate through feeling? Or that you pick up on people's emotions like you are sensing them? I ask because I am trying to figure out what it would be like if two SFs (or NFs, NTs, STs) get together what it looks like. And I realized I don't even really know what that means.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I have a good idea of what SF means, but I'd get moderated for it. SF more accurately means that you controled by the feelings of the present.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Southern Florida

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here are three descriptions of the SF type I've found:

SF

* SF
o Tend to be kind and helpful
o Often want to help others (even if they don’t want help)
o Like to give longer more detailed explanations
o May feel they are not “doing their job” if they do not take care of you

SF

* WHEN COMMUNICATING
o Be sensitive to their needs
o Politely mention time constraints
o Reassure them that they are valued
o Be patient

SF –specific facts, details and interpersonal aspects of learning environment are important. Like humane climate for learning; will foster if possible. People-oriented. Pop. 43.4% (M 30%; F 56.3%)

Engage SF’s with: what works– practical results for patients; simulated patients.

When a group consists of members of this club, its interactions are likely to be based on enjoying conversations over their families and personal relationships, artistic and sensorial interests such as cooking, gossip, and group social activities such as parties, dancing, travels and sportive activities. It's the stereotypical "women's group", although obviously such clubs formed only of men also exist, with common activities and interests usually focused around sports or, depending on the age structure, partying, clubbing and the like.

Snow Turtle

Actually, that would be true too. SFs are very sensual lovers...

Sensual4evar!

I'll stop messing now. Two SFs together won't be that much of a major change providing their values are aligned. SFPs with Fi can sometimes have values that are completely different to what an SFJ may believe in, which may cause conflict.

You might have an idea on how you already communicate as an SFP. Personally I communicate my feelings through words and activity, which is fairly normal. With regards to how I pick up on other people's emotions. I don't believe I do that so much, however I am focused on my surroundings for the atmosphere. The atmosphere is completely dependant on what I think is happening, and the more experience I gain, the more accurate it becomes in guessing whether there is something wrong. Again this seems like really basic human behaviour, so I don't know whether it's any different from other temperaments.

Other SFs may be different but I don't think that it's possible to pick up the emotion, it's just a very strong case of how would that person feel if I were in their position with what I know about them. Thinkers can do this as well, however some of the ISTJs I've spoken to on Vent feel as if it takes too much effort to bother with and they'd rather focus on something else. Difference of priority? *Shrugs*

Note: Not all ITJs feel that it's a waste of time.