User Tag List

Default Making characters fit

I had another corny idea. If people will humor me again.

I suggest in this thread we do one of two tihngs:

1. Make up a description of a character. She/he can be a symbol for you, a type stereotype, a proxy for someone you know, a character in one of your creative works, etc. Give him or her a name unique in the thread so others can reference him/her.
    2. Identify ways in which a character described by someone else is a misfit to what you consider reality. Suggest ways to "fix" the character to fit what you consider reality. Then assume none of the "fixes" work, and create an ideal reality to make the character fit.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 09-21-2007 at 08:42 AM. Reason: typo confused #2

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I had another corny idea. If people will humor me again.

I suggest in this thread we do one of two tihngs:

1. Make up a description of a character. She/he can be a symbol for you, a type stereotype, a proxy for someone you know, a character in one of your creative works, etc. Give him or her a name unique in the thread so others can reference him/her.
    2. Identify ways in which a character described someone else is a misfit to what you consider reality. Suggest ways to "fix" the character to fit what you consider reality. Then assume none of the "fixes" work, and create an ideal reality to make the character fit.
    Wow, that's complex! Or do I just need to sleep first?
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

Default Professor Pompous Forgetful

Professor Pompous Forgetful

Professor Pompous Forgetful likes to ponder whatever strikes his fancy. He often neglects his duties, appointments and responsibilities due to his enjoyment of pondering things. When communicating with others, he pontificates based on the theories he holds dear, though the relevance is not always clear to others. He listens to others, and is usually quiet, but in listening he is skeptical. He treats almost everything he hears as a "statement" to be evaluated for truth or falsehood. He requires a strong argument to accept conclusions, and strong evidence to accept a brand new premise. He is usually not emotional, but believes himself to be kind and caring. He is "full of thought" to be sure, but not always considered thoughtful, since he can sometimes be insensitive or inflammatory without intending to be.

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Wow, that's complex! Or do I just need to sleep first?
    I need to finish my work. No sleep for me. Looks like an all-nighter.

Robot Fusion

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

You don't come across as pompous to me. You seem like your standard "absent-minded theorist" type. No sense in being harsh on yourself.

(Taking yourself to task under the guise of "self-deprecation" rather than accepting yourself for what you are and living accordingly is counterproductive and self-defeating. Self-deprecation is an apology; never apologize for who you are.)
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --