User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

okay..i'll tell you how i realized because i wasn't sure at first. the people here helped me and then the more i thought about certain things i became certain that i was...but

at first i wasn't sure because i compared myself to other people that i knew to be extroverts and thought...i'm not like that...i'm not high energy all the time and totally confident talking to just anybody in every social situation...i don't need to be with people constantly...i don't talk all the time...but

i also...really don't think before i speak..i just get a quick big picture idea and then expand on it as i talk often figuring out what i mean or think or feel as i'm saying it.

i do feel totally lethargic and depressed after being alone or staying in too much.

i do often feel totally confident engaging strangers as i've known them for a long time...it just depends on a particular vibe i get from them...or rather or not i will enjoy talking to them...so it's not about ever feeling shy...it's just usually about relating to them or not on some level.

i don't need loyalty from friends in the same way i find other introverts do...i don't need just a few close friends...i like having a lot of casual friends and just see them whenever.
    i do not hold grudges...i get over things very quickly...people can be just as they are...

hmm...i've lost track...maybe i'm finished.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    if i can't talk to a friend/cat or whatever xD. I do think outloud quite frequently. Mother does it too.
    That on its own isn't an indication of IvE imo as plenty of introverts talk to themselves as well Maybe the reasons are different, not too sure of the reasons an introvert does it though so couldn't answer there.

Btw, your posting style does remind me more of other ENFPs than INFPs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i never ever talk to myself and find it totally hilarious that other people do...it makes no sense to me...if other people could hear my thoughts i'd never talk...same thing...i think right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    okay..i'll tell you how i realized because i wasn't sure at first. the people here helped me and then the more i thought about certain things i became certain that i was...but

at first i wasn't sure because i compared myself to other people that i knew to be extroverts and thought...i'm not like that...i'm not high energy all the time and totally confident talking to just anybody in every social situation...i don't need to be with people constantly...i don't talk all the time...but

i also...really don't think before i speak..i just get a quick big picture idea and then expand on it as i talk often figuring out what i mean or think or feel as i'm saying it. * agreed*

i do feel totally lethargic and depressed after being alone or staying in too much.

i do often feel totally confident engaging strangers as i've known them for a long time...it just depends on a particular vibe i get from them...or rather or not i will enjoy talking to them...so it's not about ever feeling shy...it's just usually about relating to them or not on some level.

i don't need loyalty from friends in the same way i find other introverts do...i don't need just a few close friends...i like having a lot of casual friends and just see them whenever.
    i do not hold grudges...i get over things very quickly...people can be just as they are...

hmm...i've lost track...maybe i'm finished.
    Do these quotes resonate anything with you as an enfp.
    I picked ones that i think illuminate what i think about, what motivates me etc. Big on following your dreams/heart's passion.
    Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
    The supreme object of life is to live. Few people live. It is true life only to realize one's own perfection, to make one's every dream a reality.
    "Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.
    also i have a bracelet that says "dream it, believe it, become it" when i saw it *age 18*, i knew it would remind me to keep going in life after whatever suits my heart ^^D. To not give up.

hmm...
    I find i hold grudges but not over just anything. it has to be something that was "really" just not fair/wrong or undeserved on my part.
    When you say casual friends, you mean like acquiantence?

I have a five-six friends that i know really intimately like who they are, what there about. I also know there families as if i'm apart of there family.

I'll call their grandma "grandma" like "hey grandma...I love you. *cheek kiss*
    This was after only meeting her a couple times. Just have a connection with her like she is very motherly/protective with me ^^D and i of her.

Now i will smile at strangers alot of time even to
    just say "Hi" even if i don't know them. I find some
    don't return it or will smile or return the hi or both.

I was out at a restaurant awhile ago and in line to get our food.
    There was this women i never met before. Well we talked exchanged some funnies then went on our way. It always makes me happy to do that.
    I do really love to connect with people in general. Like i'll feel a certain connection with a random stranger in line at the store, where ever. And
    I will have to talk to them, act on that connection vibe i'm getting.
    This connection happens at an eye glance, no words spoken, it's spooky
    but amazing that just a glance you see into someone's world and feel there aura.

There was a stranger i met and was meeting them more frequently.
    They were going through a similar situation that i went through.
    So i told them about that and that i really do understand.
    So if they need anything else or to talk I'm here. It felt weird for
    me to reach out like that but good cause i actually could relate
    to what they were going through.
    It felt authentic. I don't like saying " i understand" when i don't.
    But anyway just thought i'd throw that out there.

Thank you Lady X for taking the time to write that out
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i never ever talk to myself and find it totally hilarious that other people do...it makes no sense to me...if other people could hear my thoughts i'd never talk...same thing...i think right?
    hehe.
    Oh yeah it's the funniest thing to see. I remember i was at the beach like a couple weeks ago there some guy on bike having a whole conversation with himself...no break in between just quietly you see his lips moving. And no bluetooth xDDD...in public hehe. It was a killer, my friend and me were dying *figurativly somewhat xD.Sides were hurting*

hah...I usually will say "hmm...what do i want?...maybe this...nah. well i had this yesterday so i can have this." kinda thing xDDD. But no to doing that in public I tell myself Don't think out loud . Only would do this in public if a friend was right there to hear the rambling xDD so i don't look nuts .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INFP

I get energy from introverted activities:

Thinking, processing reading material, remembering, figuring things out, nurturing ideas, meditating, creating alone, listening, writing, imagining, dreaming, watching, reflecting

All of these activities give me a lot of energy. Then I have to share or engage the outer world to let off the energy. So sharing my ideas or the things I have created with others, responding to the needs of others, performing, socializing, reminiscing, and other extroverted activities. Doing these things eventually drains me (even if I enjoy them and even faster when I don't) and I need to recharge by engaging in introverted activity again.

I don't know what it's like to be an extrovert though many of my friends are extroverts. Everybody needs "alone time" and time doing extroverted things, but we don't respond the same way. My ESFJ brother gets tired from reading books, even if he enjoys them. But he doesn't get tired of discussing ideas learned from books. My ESFP friend gets tired from soaking and meditating in the bathtub, even though she loves to do it. It gets her ready for bed. I actually get energized from that and feel renewed so I can't take a bath before bed.

MBTI
    UFO

I get energy from sleeping. That's pretty much it.

I don't really notice any significant energy decrease or increase when I'm around people or not. Well, actually, I do notice that after significant extroverting I feel more tired than I would if I hadn't extroverted. So maybe that's an indicator.

Also, every time I'm with people I just prefer not to talk. I usually say things in my mind and desperately wished I had a microphone connected to my brain so the words could just spew out of my mind instead of my mouth.

I've noticed that some extroverts absolutely hate when there's a silent moment. I don't know, I notice they get restless and believe that they have to fill in that silent gap. Maybe I'm generalizing here, but I only say this because it holds true to my experiences. But really, everyone's an exception to the rule.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by dotdalidot View Post
    I don't really notice any significant energy decrease or increase when I'm around people or not. Well, actually, I do notice that after significant extroverting I feel more tired than I would if I hadn't extroverted. So maybe that's an indicator.
    I've never felt this way after socializing. Perhaps I've never experienced enough socializing to ever feel this way.

Quote Originally Posted by dotdalidot View Post
    I've noticed that some extroverts absolutely hate when there's a silent moment. I don't know, I notice they get restless and believe that they have to fill in that silent gap. Maybe I'm generalizing here, but I only say this because it holds true to my experiences. But really, everyone's an exception to the rule.
    I dislike silent moments when I'm around friends. It's just so awkward and it makes me feel like I need to come up with something to say, which is something I don't like to do. I like someone to come up with a topic, and I'll contribute whenever I want to.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

interesting...i think i'm alright with silent moments...especially if there's nothing that needs to be said...nothing i want to talk about with anyone...i must not experience that much though. i usually just hang out with people i like to talk to...but i don't feel the need to fill the silence if i'm stuck in a room with someone i don't have anything to say to....i imagine that would feel quite awkward though if i did.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    UFO

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I've never felt this way after socializing. Perhaps I've never experienced enough socializing to ever feel this way.
    Perhaps?

I dislike silent moments when I'm around friends. It's just so awkward and it makes me feel like I need to come up with something to say, which is something I don't like to do. I like someone to come up with a topic, and I'll contribute whenever I want to.

Yeah, I actually dislike silent moments more when I'm around new people. Because then I feel like my social ineptness is being severely criticized, like "Hey look she's awkward, I dont want to be her friend -leaves-" ): . When I'm around my good friends though, I don't mind the silence because I know that they're not criticizing me and or wondering why the heck I'm not speaking.

But yeah, I think that extroverts are more likely to want to come up with something. While introverts just hope someone else comes up with something. Which is what I hope for.