• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much Ne do you use?

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events
4, I do it but wouldn't say I'm doing it actively.
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change.
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways
5, This was one of the traits I identified in myself as making me different long before encountering MBTI
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world.
4, Not all that usable most of the time
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are
2, Don't want to waste energy on maintaining things but why change needlessly too?
I usually find something positive to see in most situations
5, There's always both positive and negative.
31/40

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 2 I don't do it on purpose- I do it when I need to.

I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 4

External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 2

I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 2

I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 1

I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. 2

I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 3

I usually find something positive to see in most situations 2

18- I find that I use my Ne mostly at work. I hate the work status quo.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

33/40. Overall fours. A three in there somewhere and a couple of fives as well.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I import it from overseas

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yes, I did just now. I score high Fi and Fe though, so perhaps yours is a similar phenomena - Fi feels like a hand in a glove however, just rings true. Do you feel like these "ring true"?

I don't really feel like I can add much more than what I said in my initial response:

- they do resonate.

- it might just be functional mimicry/overlap (i.e., my combination of Ni, Te, and Se might just produce similar effects as Ne), but it might not (if I actually use Ne this much, it probably indicates that I access my shadow [ENTP], which some members have told me I strike them as [this usually happens after I feel myself get into a certain mode], and that the extent to which I access this alternate mode probably has to do with J/P balance).

- they are true of my personality, and they resonate, but not in the same way Ni resonates.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Well, then you should probably score yourself lower. The idea is that when you read these, you just nod your head and know this is you. No pondering required.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Well, then you should probably score yourself lower. The idea is that when you read these, you just nod your head and know this is you. No pondering required.

Wow.

This must be your controlling Fe shadow... :wink:

I think what you're missing here is that these do resonate strongly, it's just a question (to which nobody has an answer) as to whether their apparent presence in my personality has to do with functional mimicry, manifestation of my shadow, simple development of my other functions, or something else.

Either way, I answered the questions as honestly as possible, making sure I've been consistent with my methodology across all functions, while taking mental note of things like how much they resonate with my firmly established dominant personality, potentially resonate differently, as if they may be part of my shadow personality, whether any resonance may be caused by functional mimicry, whether these behaviors were more learned or more natural, and more.

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 5
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 3
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 3
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 5
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 5
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. 5
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 5
I usually find something positive to see in most situations 3

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5 I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events
Yep, I like seeing how each variable is connected to each other.

3 I notice missing parts or steps in patterns
I'm usually too focused on the hidden meaning of things than the general pattern.

4 External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change.
Events trigger my awareness of patterns, but I don't use it for the purpose of changing things. Rather, I prefer to understand the underlying mechanisms of the pattern.

3 I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

4I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways
To an extent, yes. But it's more symbolic representations and memory associations, which is indicative of Ni.

3I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world.
Key word here is usable, and sometimes I come up with usable possibilities for change. Most times I just like to hypothesize how the course of events will play out, but don't always implement them.

3I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are
Okay, I like to improve things and make them better, but I am WAY more prone to be nostalgic.

3I usually find something positive to see in most situations
I try, but sometimes I can be a bit melancholic.

28/40= 70%

NAPSTABLOOK22

MBTI Type
FUCK
Enneagram
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 5/5
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 3/5
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 4/5
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 1/5
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 4/5
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. 1/5
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 0/5
I usually find something positive to see in most situations 0.5/5

Total: 18.5/40 or 46.25%

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 5
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 5
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 4
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 5
I usually find something positive to see in most situations 5

38/40= 95%

Ne

I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 3/5
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 2/5
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 3/5
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 2/5
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 4/5
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. 2/5
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 2/5
I usually find something positive to see in most situations 3/5

21/40= 52.5%

Yeah, no.

Tater

Same rules-0 if you never use it and five if it it is like breathing. Zeros are perfectly normal. (I got all fives :) )

Ne

I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change.
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world.
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are
I usually find something positive to see in most situations

31/40

77.5%

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events (2/5)
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns (1/5)
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. (2/5)
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships (0/5)
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways (1/5)
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. (1/5)
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are (3/5)
I usually find something positive to see in most situations (5/5)

15/40

sonečka

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events (4/5)
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns (5/5)
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. (2/5)
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships (2/5)
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways (4/5)
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. (1/5)
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are (1/5)
I usually find something positive to see in most situations (3/5)

22/40

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 4

External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 5

I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 2

I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 4

I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 2

I usually find something positive to see in most situations 2

25/40 62.5%

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. 4

37/40

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 5
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships 5

Ne 100%

Enneagram
9w1
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events 2
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns 5
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. 3
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways 2
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are 1

24/40

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I scan the world looking for patterns, connections, and interrelationships between people objects and events - 5
I notice missing parts or steps in patterns - 0
External events trigger my awareness of potential, alternatives, or patterns that provide me with the basis for change. - 0
I see ways to change incongruous patterns, connections and interrelationships - 3
I take existing ideas and link them together in new and interesting ways - 5
I generate usable possibilities for change in the external world. - 4
I am constantly looking for ways to change things to make them better and have little energy for maintaining things as they are - 3
I usually find something positive to see in most situations - 5