• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much do you use Se?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 5
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 4
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 2
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 3
I focus on the context of the present situation 2
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 5
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 2
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” 0

23/40 - 57.5%

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Doing this for some laughs...

I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting

I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data

I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them

My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities

I focus on the context of the present situation

I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.

When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”

TOTAL = 11/40 or 27%

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting

2.5, because I'm totally oblivious but look around sometimes and yeah, I believe what I see.

I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data

3, only when I'm not thinking or doing something

I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them

I have no idea, "small" differences are subjective. Probably not much.

My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities

3, it's pretty mixed

unsure what exactly this means (as compared to....?) so I'm not answering.

3, sometimes but not excessively

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.

3, sometimes there are hidden factors

When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”

1, I'm not very coordinated but I like sports

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i think i am similar to shortnsweet and jeffster, somewhere around 32 - 35.

wolfy

awsm
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 5
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 4
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 4
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 4
I focus on the context of the present situation 5
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 4
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 4
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” 5

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8

unsure what exactly this means (as compared to....?) so I'm not answering.

i agree, this doesn't make any sense to me.
what does this mean to other SPs?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I just took it to mean you're focused on what's going in front of you right then, rather than thinking of different contexts the same events could occur (such as my INFJ co-worker who often throws out "well, what if X was the case instead" etc.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting[2]
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data[0]
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them[1]
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities[1]
I focus on the context of the present situation[1]
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world[4]
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.[0]
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”[1]

wolfy

awsm

Flow.
I think it means you are focusing on the task at hand. Your mind is not wandering laterally from what you are doing.

When you make bread, you make bread. That feeling you get when you are familiar with the situation, the tools, the environment and you know instinctively how far you can push. Like play, like you are conducting an orchestra.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

---------------------------------------------

Total Score: 20/40

50%

Frank

Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting-2

I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data-4

I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them-4

My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities-0

I focus on the context of the present situation-2

I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world-3

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.-3

When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”-3

21/40 53%

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 4 some senses more so than others and I back it up with intuition
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 2 only use this to scan people or living things, the rest is background noise
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 0 I'd have to have a really good reason and actively put myself to it
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 0 they're too linked to be seperated and the present often isn't that interesting
I focus on the context of the present situation 0 see above
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 4 I'll be present if there's something interesting to do and relish the experience
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 0 enjoy what-ifs too much :blush:
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” 4 provided I'm present in this world at the time, yup

My clumsiness often just means I've just zoned out coz I'm bored with this world or something else needs my attention :blush:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it means you are focusing on the task at hand. Your mind is not wandering laterally from what you are doing.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I was answering it.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting: 4
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data: 5
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them: 4
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities: 4
I focus on the context of the present situation: 5
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world: 4
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it: 4
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”: 4

34= 85 %

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Se

8/35, roughly 23%

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Se

G

garbage

2 - It takes effort for me to notice this stuff.

1 - I can't help but look beneath the surface.

1 - I don't keep track of these sorts of details.

2 - I'm usually more focused on the present than the future, but in a more abstract way than the present "moment."

1 - I focus more on underlying meaning of the present situation.

3 - I seek multiple stimuli, but I keep them in the background rather than actually concentrating on them.

2 - The first clause is the most "not me" statement I've ever heard. But I do work with the possibilities offered by the present as much as I can.

4 - Machines become a conscious and unconscious extension of me pretty easily.

16, or 40%.

phoenity

5 - except I don't scan for particular data all the time, only if I'm looking for something specific - if thinking is idle, then Se is active absorbing as much information as possible

5 - If there is a detectable physical difference, I will likely notice it. Most of the time those differences don't matter.

4 - It depends on what is going on, and what kind of thinking is required. Although my preferred and favorite experience is when I'm moving - running, swimming, cycling, hiking, anything. I am 100% focused on each moment as it occurs and the action is the only thing I think about, present or very near future

5 - It highly depends on the situation, but most of the time it's best to focus on the present. The past has already past, we learn from it and adjust accordingly to the present, and the future has yet to occur, so there's no point to focus too much on it. Mostly, I focus on the present, while taking the past and future into consideration.

5 - This is what makes me know I'm alive. The unhealthiest periods of my life have been when I've lived too much in my mind. I don't like to distinguish reality as the "outer" world. It is what it is, and I live IN it.

5 - Things are as they appear to be.

5 - This is true in a way. When I am involved in a sport that requires equipment other than my body, I focus on making this equipment an extension of my body. When I'm cycling, I sync the movement of the bike to the movement of my body, not the other way around. My body is the first machine I have the most conscious control over - if I focus on controlling this machine, controlling extensions of this machine are second nature.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
For each of the below items give youreself a zero if you never do it and a five it is like breathing for you to do it. It's okay to have lots of zeros.

Se

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.2.7

total: 31.5

Last edited:

Qre:us

4....I didn't give a full 5 because all of these then almost instantly after, gets filtered through my 'intuition' like, 'I smell X, but, in this environment, this is a highly unlikely occurance, so what is it I'm really smelling? And, what does this smell mean/indicate coming from this setting?'

3...I do but I don't think I have enough control over said ability nor how/when it will occur.

5....makes for a very picky eater, and I'm very particular about smells to the point where something that doesn't smell right with me, will induce physical vomiting.

3...I am focused on both, my current experience will get compared to the past and whether it can be topped in the future.

4...I also tend to take that context and play silly putty with it, going on wacky tangents, but, I think I am very aware of the present situation and its context before I jump to my tangents.

4...I'm a sensation junkie in many ways, extreme experiences/thrills I crave a lot.

2...not really, as I know that I only see it from my pov, so I'm always wondering about another angle and how the world would appear given that angle.

1.......not really, but, I do have darn good natural reflexes, which, my theory is that it's due to intuition with Ti where I sometimes know something is about to fall, or, go off-track, and react accordingly, in that moment.

26/40= 65%

Thanks, Happy-pup! This was quite informative and revealing about myself. As far as all the 8 functions go, here are my summaries, then (higest to lowest - I'm not suprised by the 2 taking higest and lowest positions):

Ne - 98%
Ti - 94%
Ni- 89%
Te- 75%
Fe- 66%
Se - 65%
Si - 60%
Fi - 35.5% (rounded to- 36%)

Last edited: