• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much do you use Se?

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 5
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 5
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 5
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 4
I focus on the context of the present situation 4
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 5
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 4
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” 4 (I notice this a lot more with driving than sports. But only when driving manual. Automatic doesn't allow this.)

Total 36

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting

I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data

I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them

My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities

I focus on the context of the present situation

I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.

When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”

Raphael

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting: 2
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data: 1
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them: 4
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities: 0
I focus on the context of the present situation: 1
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world: 0
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.: 1
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”: 0

Se: 9/40 = 17.5%
Ti: 19/50 = 38.0%
Ne: 36/40 = 90.0%

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 3
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 2
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 4
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 0
I focus on the context of the present situation 2
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 2.5
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 1.5
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” 1.5. I understand what this question is getting at, which is why I ranked it low. BUT I think my one exception IS 'being the car' ;) - knock on wood, haha

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 5
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 3
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 0
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 2
I focus on the context of the present situation 4
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 3
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 3
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” 5

25 :laugh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting - 0
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data - 0
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them - 2
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities - 0
I focus on the context of the present situation - 0
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world - 4
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it - 0
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” - 0

15%

Se-fail.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting>4
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data-4
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them-5
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities-3
I focus on the context of the present situation-5
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world-4
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.-5
When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”-4

34 paints. SE DOMINANCE... Fack yeah.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Why when I read about what the function means does it sound like a foreign language to me? Is it because there are no concrete examples that go with it? I honestly cannot answer those questions because they seem too vague. I mean, doesn't everybody use their senses? You can't help but use them. It's instinct. I know that's not what the question means though.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I use Se when I go dancing even if I'm no SP.
:woot:

hmmm...
that comment makes no sense whatsoever...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I mean, doesn't everybody use their senses? You can't help but use them. It's instinct.

Yeah, I thought so too before I started talking to people on this forum. But, no, there really are people who don't use them. I don't know how they make it through life either but somehow they seem to. I think it's maybe like those sci-fi movies where there's a robot that has infrared vision or something, where it doesn't have eyes but manages to navigate around anyway. The Intuitives manage to get around by receiving "impressions" of stuff instead of using their senses. It's one of the reasons they never seem to remember anything, and don't have the ability to be specific or detailed about things.

wolfy

awsm
Everybody uses their senses. It's how we process it that's different. I can't understand how it would be to not pay direct attention to the information from my senses either.

By the way...
It's been really hot today. The rainy season has finished so it's not as sticky now though.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
By the way...
It's been really hot today. The rainy season has finished so it's not as sticky now though.

How hot is "really hot" to you? Here's it's been 105 F some days.

wolfy

awsm
How hot is "really hot" to you? Here's it's been 105 F some days.

It's not that hot, today it's 35 C. Will get to 40 in a few weeks. The thing here is the temp shoots up as soon as the rainy season finishes.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting

5 - if I can't see it, it's not real.

I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data

4 - pretty much, depends on how relevant the data is.

I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them

4 - depends on how small. I don't always pay much attention to labels.

My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities

5 - my mind wanders when I'm bored sometimes, but nothing's as real to me as the moment I'm currently living in.

5 - if it's exciting, yeah. Gonna give myself a 5 on this one as far as ability goes.

5 - definite 5. Sensory stimulation is life.

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it.

5 - yep. There might be hidden dimensions and shit like in The Dark Tower, but I don't care about them if they're not relevant to what's going on right now.

When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car”

5 - so much so that I can zone out while doing it. Or maybe that's a 4?

I think some of my explanations are due to little excitement in my life right now. Once I get this ball rolling I'll be good, though.

38/40 ain't bad.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why when I read about what the function means does it sound like a foreign language to me? Is it because there are no concrete examples that go with it? I honestly cannot answer those questions because they seem too vague. I mean, doesn't everybody use their senses? You can't help but use them. It's instinct. I know that's not what the question means though.

We all use our senses, yes. :yes:

For instance, I know that right now, I'm typing on a black keyboard with gray keys that have a little bit of grime on them, and that there are 12 cola cans on the table next to me.

I can feel the difference between a rough and smooth texture, and I prefer some kinds of music to others.

Believe it or not, Se has nothing to do with the input from the senses themselves, it describes a particular way of using them. Se is a state of mind, a perspective on reality.

What Se means, basically, is that you embrace certain intense and/or new kinds of sensory experiences, and delve into them. It's about appreciating the present.

An example would be my going to see a fireworks show. I went, and I looked at the fireworks. I could even tell which ones were most aesthetically pleasing, and the crowd agreed with me, going "Ooh!" when they saw one I judged aesthetically pleasing. Yet, despite seeing them and knowing they possessed beauty, I just wasn't moved at all. All I could think about was that my pretzel was too salty, the view wasn't as good as it could have been, and how much trouble it was going to be to find my way back home.

So for me, the present reality of my senses is something that I'm aware of (in fact, I have better reflexes and night vision than many people), but it only matters in a negative/neutral way. I just don't embrace it or experience it as highly positive/meaningful.

Se is about appreciating and embracing the present, not being able to perceive and deal with it. Everyone can do that. Se is an attitude, not the senses themselves.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 0

I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 2

I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 1

My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities Zeroooo heh

I focus on the context of the present situation 2

I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 3

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 2

When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” 2 *trying to learn this hehe*

12/40 wow down there.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se
0 - I don't really pay attention unless the object is my attention.
1- If I'm "in the moment" I'm not really focusing on the context. (takes the fun out of it) I don't often think about the context until after the present situation occurred. Which is why Se is sort of dangerous for me to use a lot. lol. It makes me seem unpredictable to others and even when I instinctively *know* the context most of the time I don't use that information to the best benefit.
2 - I recognize that it's what it appears to be. Working with the provided data can get very tedious.
0 - Nope. But I just got a flashback of Chevy Chase in Caddyshack. :D

19/40

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting - 3

I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data - 1

I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them - 3

My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities - 1

I focus on the context of the present situation - 1

I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world - 3

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. - 3

When involved in a sport I am able to “be the ball “or when driving I am able to “be the car” - 1

Total = 16

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5 - I often need to "see it to believe it"

3 - ??

3 - ??

2 - More on the past, I think, than the present

3 - not sure...

3 - dunno

1 - I "get in the zone", but that's not the same thing at all.

Total: 25/40