• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much do you use Se?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 2

I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 1

I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 1

My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 1

I focus on the context of the present situation 1

I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 3

I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 2

When involved in a sport I am able to �be the ball �or when driving I am able to �be the car� 0

11/40 27.5%

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
Se
I notice, directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 2
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 1
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 4
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 1
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world 2
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 1
When involved in a sport I am able to �be the ball �or when driving I am able to �be the car� 2

Se 35%

Enneagram
9w1
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 1
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 1
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 4
I focus on the context of the present situation 3
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 4
When involved in a sport I am able to �be the ball �or when driving I am able to �be the car� 1

17/40
may be my worst function...

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting - 0
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data - 0
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them - 0
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities - 0
I focus on the context of the present situation - 0
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world - 1
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. - 0
When involved in a sport I am able to �be the ball �or when driving I am able to �be the car� - 0

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ How are you surviving?

There's no need to flaunt on how unattached you are to the physical world...

I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting - You need to trust that there is a keyboard to type the keys which you also trust which will produce letters on the screen that you also trust and that you are seeing the correct letters being displayed in the correct position. I'm sorry but 0/5 is BS.
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data - 0
​Sure, not continuously scanning but 0 is hard to believe.
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them - ​Due to the wording, this is fine. Low score is OK but 0 is inexcusable.
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities - 0 You have to do it somehow or how can you move from place to place. Are you blind and need to be pushed around trusting the person (who you trust using sense date to exist) to push you around?
I focus on the context of the present situation - 0
Again.
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world - OK that's subjective so I won't argue here.
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. - 0 Um.. again with keyboard and seeing letters being typed..
When involved in a sport I am able to �be the ball �or when driving I am able to �be the car� - 0 No input required. Assuming you don't drive.

Lack of Se =/= Ni dominance
It's impossible to use Ni without some degree of Se anyway. That's the nature of introverted/extroverted function, you cannot introvert with things you have not at least extroverted at one time or another.

Sorry for being critical, but it's too unreal to believe. I hope you understand.

VVVVV You too.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting - 1
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them - 0 (What does this even mean? I mean, different things look different, lol)
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities - 0 (I have to put significant conscious effort into this and do it only as an intentional practice meant to teach me how to be present)
I focus on the context of the present situation - 1
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world - 3 (music and social media, and sex when I'm not single)
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it - 0 (No. I'd rather die than be like this.)
When involved in a sport I am able to �be the ball �or when driving I am able to �be the car� - 0

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] - I get what you're saying, but for me, I am so in my head all the time that it takes significant conscious effort to pay attention to most of these. I regularly "float" through tasks on autopilot but am deep in thought. I think my interpretation of these questions was a little less literal or concrete than yours was.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@Forever - I get what you're saying, but for me, I am so in my head all the time that it takes significant conscious effort to pay attention to most of these. I regularly "float" through tasks on autopilot but am deep in thought. I think my interpretation of these questions was a little less literal or concrete than yours was.

Idk it just seems like people need to say how little Se they use to prove their an Ni dom. Being clumsy is everyone's problem. Dom Si user's are very clumsy too if deep in thought or in their memories/analyzing feelings.

So you don't believe Se is your aspirational function? You never desired to be in one with the object or wished to be?

Even in theory, MBTI are preferences, not outcomes.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Idk it just seems like people need to say how little Se they use to prove their an Ni dom. Being clumsy is everyone's problem. Dom Si user's are very clumsy too if deep in thought or in their memories/analyzing feelings.

So you don't believe Se is your aspirational function? You never desired to be in one with the object or wished to be?

I'm truly being honest, at least in how I personally interpreted the exercise. If it's worth anything, I tend to type as a 6w5, and it is said that INFJs of this enneagram have virtually NO Se. There is an interesting thread about it on PerC, but I won't share it here cuz the whole thing is a rather depressing profile that I only relate to when anxious/depressed/in an unhealthy relationship. I think my lack of sensing abilities is my achilles heel and is actually a big contributor to my anxiety/depression because I lack an innate ability to exist in the present, as I am, in my surroundings. I honestly try sometimes and get bored or feel like a fraud after like 10 seconds and give up and go back to floating on my Ni-Ti cloud. I don't ever "feel like one" with my car or anything material, but I do like to drive fast sometimes and I think that is an effort to engage my Se, similar to listening to loud music. But, again, that's a conscious decision, not an innate ability.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm truly being honest, at least in how I personally interpreted the exercise. If it's worth anything, I tend to type as a 6w5, and it is said that INFJs of this enneagram have virtually NO Se. There is an interesting thread about it on PerC, but I won't share it here cuz the whole thing is a rather depressing profile that I only relate to when anxious/depressed/in an unhealthy relationship. I think my lack of sensing abilities is my achilles heel and is actually a big contributor to my anxiety/depression because I lack an innate ability to exist in the present, as I am, in my surroundings. I honestly try sometimes and get bored or feel like a fraud after like 10 seconds and give up and go back to floating on my Ni-Ti cloud. I don't ever "feel like one" with my car or anything material, but I do like to drive fast sometimes and I think that is an effort to engage my Se, similar to listening to loud music. But, again, that's a conscious decision, not an innate ability.

Understanding you're in your 30's while I'm in my 20's, my understanding is, is that Ni and Se clash in what should be your priorities. Having somewhat of an identity crisis when choosing a career or what you're going to be doing for the rest of your life. Many IFP's have that inferior Te wanting to be principals or managers of some place even if they're not good at it. The inferior colors the dominant function. I believe Se makes me love music so much. The new sound or voice just makes me so alive. Now I suck at anything but running (well when I was decent at it and I still tripped and fell once in a while).

Si/Ne users don't really rely on Se of course. Ne users see the outside world much different than Ni users do. Ni users see the object there but it's entire purpose. Ne users see possibilities and never really the object itself. Ni doesn't see the external world differently. It's really actually quite "there", it's just the internal reaction to outer stimuli is what is noticed.

I will argue that Ne doms are the most clumsy. A TV example is Kramer from Seinfeld. Se is their 8th function. Just how I cannot imagine how a vivid memory is like (but I can once in a while have vivid dreams) which is lack of Si. The Ne dom is terrible TERRIBLE at Se. It's like the outline of the external object is there. NTP's love like economics because of the many abstract possibilities or inventing things because it can be changed around.

I'm sorry if it's difficult to express how exactly an Ni user sees objects. It's like it's there but it's not there. You know you can see it, but it's so much easier to see it within the whole than the particular. Making it very much a "depersonalization" experience and the world is kind of scary.

Excuse me, I need to tone down my criticalness, I know you were seeing the questions in a different light. You may be an INFJ regardless of what I'm thinking right now. Sometimes I get so in my head where I compare the framework in my head that I forget you're a person with feelings.

Take this in whichever way it will help you. This was not a typing thread. Excuse me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] - No hard feelings. I don't understand what you're saying though. I'm 100% confident in being an INFJ. I even examined INFP and ENFJ (thinking "maybe I'm just a depressed repressed extrovert"), but no... my functions are all in line with INFJ and I consistently test this way. And I actually understand depersonalization very well and have even experienced it on a clinical level during times of extreme stress. I get what you were saying about objects being there but not really recognizing it that way. You should check out the videos by Thinker on YouTube, she explains really well just how distant and detached we can be from our surroundings. I'm dumb with explaining things.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] - No hard feelings. I don't understand what you're saying though. I'm 100% confident in being an INFJ. I even examined INFP and ENFJ (thinking "maybe I'm just a depressed repressed extrovert"), but no... my functions are all in line with INFJ and I consistently test this way. And I actually understand depersonalization very well and have even experienced it on a clinical level during times of extreme stress. I get what you were saying about objects being there but not really recognizing it that way. You should check out the videos by Thinker on YouTube, she explains really well just how distant and detached we can be from our surroundings. I'm dumb with explaining things.

I will check that out, thanks

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's se how this works...

For each of the below items give youreself a zero if you never do it and a five it is like breathing for you to do it. It's okay to have lots of zeros.

Se
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting - 5
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data - 4
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them - 2
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities - 2
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world - 3
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. - 5
When involved in a sport I am able to "be the ball" or when driving I am able to "be the car" - 1

Little middle ground in my scores.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=31348]RareBird[/MENTION]

19004170a780e5aa2f171f31d48b1ee2.jpg

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting 2
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data 2
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them 2
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities 2
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. 2
When involved in a sport I am able to �be the ball �or when driving I am able to �be the car� 1

14/40

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I notice directly experience and trust data provided by my five senses: seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting - 1
I continuously scan the external world using my five senses for particular, specific, indisputable data - 1
I have the ability to discriminate small differences between objects as I experience them - 2
My attention tends to be on the present moment and current experience rather than on past events or future possibilities - 2
I seek sensory stimulation from the outer world - 4
I recognize that the real world is exactly what it appears to be and work with data provided by it. - 1
When involved in a sport I am able to "be the ball" or when driving I am able to "be the car" - 1

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

You never desired to be in one with the object or wished to be?

I've totally done this. Like almost, all the time.