User Tag List

First 12345 Last

garbage

Here's how Ne might look in action, rather than looking at the internal thought process.

Right now, I have my email inbox, a chat window, this forum, a forum for one of my classes, an essay, a personal project, and a project for work all open and active at once. Of course, music is going, too, but that's in the background.

I'll dart over to an email reply that I'm writing and belt out a few sentences. I'll come back to this forum and read a few posts, or maybe some half-posts. A few seconds later, I'll be over at the chat window, looking for any activity. I go back and look at the email I'm writing.

In writing the email, I have put down a few key words that I wish to elaborate upon--"experience," "goal," "support," "tagging along," "thanks." These are reminders--a rough outline that I intend to fill out and organize, because I know I'd forget each one of the major points if I didn't get them out there. As I elaborate on one point, I stop mid-sentence because something occurred to me on another point, so I go to elaborate on it. This process, along with interruptions belonging to other processes, continues until I've got my email.

As I write this reply, I stop halfway through a sentence and make some alterations to the very first sentence; it somehow came to me that one major difference in this post is that it explains how I act as a result of Ne. So I make that point, then quickly resume where I was. This all comes instinctively, without even thinking about it.

Midway through another sentence, some song comes on that I'm not particularly fond of, so a quick alt+tab to my music server window and a quick keypress, and it's done and over with. I go back and finish that other sentence.

I'm not so sporadic when other people are involved, because I know they wouldn't follow me exactly. But, when left to my own devices, this is my default mode of operation.

And, despite how all of this sounds, I'm pretty productive. I just tackle multiple things at once when striving for productivity.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Here's how Ne might look in action, rather than looking at the internal thought process.

Right now, I have my email inbox, a chat window, this forum, a forum for one of my classes, an essay, a personal project, and a project for work all open and active at once. Of course, music is going, too, but that's in the background.

I'll dart over to an email reply that I'm writing and belt out a few sentences. I'll come back to this forum and read a few posts, or maybe some half-posts. A few seconds later, I'll be over at the chat window, looking for any activity. I go back and look at the email I'm writing.

In writing the email, I have put down a few key words that I wish to elaborate upon--"experience," "goal," "support," "tagging along," "thanks." These are reminders--a rough outline that I intend to fill out and organize, because I know I'd forget each one of the major points if I didn't get them out there. As I elaborate on one point, I stop mid-sentence because something occurred to me on another point, so I go to elaborate on it. This process, along with interruptions belonging to other processes, continues until I've got my email.

As I write this reply, I stop halfway through a sentence and make some alterations to the very first sentence; it somehow came to me that one major difference in this post is that it explains how I act as a result of Ne. So I make that point, then quickly resume where I was. This all comes instinctively, without even thinking about it.

Midway through another sentence, some song comes on that I'm not particularly fond of, so a quick alt+tab to my music server window and a quick keypress, and it's done and over with. I go back and finish that other sentence.

I'm not so sporadic when other people are involved, because I know they wouldn't follow me exactly. But, when left to my own devices, this is my default mode of operation.

And, despite how all of this sounds, I'm pretty productive. I just tackle multiple things at once when striving for productivity.
    Yea, I noticed this as another difference between esfp and enfp. I'm normally pretty one track mind. Usually totally engaged in one thing at a time. I might get busy, but. Finish one thing. Move onto the other. If I was writing that paper, I would write an outline- finish the outline. Maybe come post on here as a break. Go back to the paper. Elaborate a full point or 2. Flesh it out. Drink an entire cup of coffee. Singing the song thats playing. Possibly playing it a few times. There would be no halves or partials. Take this post for instance. I will write the whole thing and post it. Then I will go back and reread, editing along the way, and repost. Everything is complete and i'm focused on one or 2 things only.

(Plz no comments about not being able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Thanks ahead of time )

MBTI
    I

Great thread first of all. A few ways this works for me:

Si -

I notice details in things and events in daily life, and my mind keeps a record of it. It also stores my feelings/thoughts during the event. When I go back to do the event the next day or something, before I do it, I relate it to the experience I had during the event the time(s) before. That's why sometimes I have trouble with doing tasks that I had a negative experience with before. Because the Si lingers. However, this can be very good too, because I use the experiences I learned in the past to improve experiences and get better at things, and sometimes the Fi pushes me to get tough it out. And if I had a positive experience, I go enthusiastically into it next time.

Also, if there is a lingering issue/problem, I keep track of it over time and experiment by changing certain things and comparing the results after the changes. I notice the difference in the results, and adjust accordingly. In addition, I remember the most random facts that no one would ever think of.

Si/Te -

Creating organizers/spreadsheets/databases to keep a record of things through time. I mentioned before that if I have a lingering issue/problem, I keep track of it over time and experiment with changes. I sometimes keep track of the results in an organized way, this is where the Te helps my Si.

This thread has good perspectives on Ne and Ni, too.
    After reading simulatedworld's post in the linked thread I think I am actually far more Ni than Ne. Makes sense.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know if this is Ne or just my ADD (same thing?).

Using Ne is like having a constant cloud behind my eyes, that makes me drift off into la la land. I can still function fine while "drifting" though, it isn't the same as daydreaming. A good example: When I teach, I drift off into thinking about what I am saying from the student's and other's perspectives, while at the same time keeping in mind future problems that may occur with the solution I am trying to point them towards. All of this is done while keeping my explanation / lecture steady and smooth.

Sometimes it takes the form of a huge impulse to say some random awesome thing that I just thought of, usually comical in nature. For example: When I had my group for my job (I teach programming to kids), I started drifting away while the other teacher was talking, and through a series of random thoughts decided they were bored and HAD to play this random game I thought of right then and there. I cut off the other teacher mid-sentence, and yelled "OK GUYS! I can tell we're all getting tired, so we're gonna play a game that's only gonna take 10 seconds. Why? Because you only HAVE 10 seconds to do it!". I told them to go around the group, and they would each have two seconds to say the absolute coolest thing they could think of, and I would award the winner. The winner ended up being Billy Mays .

Ne also helps me incredibly in problem solving, since I (almost by force) think of all possible outcomes (even the oddest ones) of a method. I can prevent many future disasters in this way, and also scan for other solutions that can be sparked by really odd things.

I don't know if this helped at all.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

You may be interested in reading my blog, where I have discussed my personal experiences of Ni in great detail:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...dventures.html

I plan to move on to a similar description of Fe, but that has happened yet, due to Real World demands.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

ne for me...it's like a constant need to be stimulated...to see new things and have new thoughts...not really wanting to repeat the same experience....like an addict needing a fix...i must be passionate about something...i must have projects to study about and if i don't i'll make one out of nothing by changing something old into something completely new...being idle is like death...brain must be working things out...solving problems or creating something at all times...i always notice all the lil quirky details...things that are out of order...or skewed from normal perception...i'm endlessly amused by people and all their strange habits and am in a near constant state of excitement because of all these thoughts swirling about that i can't wait to put in practice...and i don't blame ya a bit if reading that wore ya out...i sound like a hyper lil nut job kinda...but i'm not.

eta: okay maybe that was a bit dramatic...i'm not really like an addict.. i just mean...it's a constant desire and normal operating mode to go searching for ways to see and do things differently or come up with new ideas or discover new truths by connecting all the dots...or...something.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It feels good, although people tend to disagree with my way most of the time.

MBTI
    INTP

I <3 this thread with all the contrasts.

Some INTPs do that too. I work like that, although not quite to the same degree. When I'm home, I've usually got 10-20 tabs open, and several half-written posts (some of which I delete without posting). I rarely write a post in one go, I'm always switching between tabs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    It feels good, although people tend to disagree with my way most of the time.
    Wanna expand on that?
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Fi:

I am constantly searching for things that make me happy.