• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much Te do you use?

sculpting

Same rules as the "how much Fe do you use thread" 0 if never ever and 5 if it is like breathing for you.

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

here are the other functions:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/18832-how-much-do-you-use-se.html#post724095
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/18773-nfps-how-do-you-use-fi.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18817-how-much-fe-do-you-use.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18820-how-much-te-do-you-use.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/18773-nfps-how-do-you-use-fi.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18833-how-much-ne-do-you-use.html#post724098
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/18834-how-much-ni-do-you-use.html#post724099
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/18835-how-much-si-do-you-use.html#post724102

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people

Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program

Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3

Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion

Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations

TOTAL = 7 / 17.5%

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems: 2
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people: 4
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program: 4
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3: 4
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion: 4
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals : 2
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations : 4
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards:3.. (well, I try to.. or I just change the goals..)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 3
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 1
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 3
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 2
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 5
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 1
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 1
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 2

18/40 - 45%

D

Dali

sculpting

i left the book at work so I cant fill it out, but will grab it this evening-then you can have the Ni. Ne, Si, and Se.

I got 100% Ne! But you got 80% on Ti, that was good!

G

garbage

5 - I seek objective common ground with customers and those I work on personal projects with at all times. If we don't agree on our end goals, we'll be going in different directions and holding each other back.

3 - Sort of. Usually, I just ensure that we're headed in the right direction.

4 - Though this is bound to change during the course of a project.

4 - I break problems down into subproblems, determine who's responsible for each, and go forward with them.

3 - Logically convincing others isn't too important to me.

3 - I used to do so incessantly, but, again, I'm more for "the right direction" than anything.

3 - I've done this in the past with no problem, but.. it kind of gets boring. I get others to notice what I'm doing, follow along with it, and then they write the rules.

2 - I seek to find out why performance was "subpar" if it doesn't meet said goals and standards. There's usually an explanation that sheer numbers will miss; it's often more efficient to rectify this underlying situation than it is to evaluate on sheer numbers alone.

Soo.... 27, or 68%. There's an objective metric for you. :cheese:

medica

MBTI Type
ENTP
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 4
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 4
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 4
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 4
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 5
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 3
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 4
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 1

29 - 72,5%

Does this mean that I'm just the laziest ENTJ ever born? :huh:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I almost never use Te, but I should. I need to develop it, because the lack of it is probably what keeps me frustrated about not achieving certain dreams.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought that everybody used this thought process to solve problems.. makes the most sense, eh? now i'm seeing that its the Te function.

cheerful-pessimist

MBTI Type
ENtJ
Enneagram
8w4
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 3
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 5
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 4
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 4
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 4
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 5
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 3
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 4

...I use Te a lot.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems [2] Kinda sorta.
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people [0] Can't say that I do...
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program [4] Yeah, when I'm actually put in this position.
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 [5] Yep.
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion [5] Yep.
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals [3] Somewhat.
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations [0] Can't say that I do this... I'm not put in the position to do this ever.
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards [2] Somewhat yes... in my head.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 0
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 2
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 1
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 3
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 1
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 1
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 2
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 3

Chloe

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems - 3
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people - 3
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program - 3
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 - 2
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion - 4
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals - 2
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations - 0
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards - 0

17/40[/QUOTE]

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems (4)
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people (3)
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program (4)
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 (3)
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion (5)
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals (3)
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations (2)
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards (3)

(27)

These are a lot of fun- :newwink:
I enjoy utilizing logic in my daily life and use it to solve problems and make plans.
However, I don't use it to organize naturally.
I guess I could say that I use Te to help maximize my own independence- not to lead or control- to convince people that I don't need to be dependent on them..so I can do more of the things I want to do! :D

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Te

1 - I objectively define the scope of problems

0 - I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people

2 - I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program

1 - I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3

0 - I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion

0 - I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals

0 - I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations

0 - I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards

4/40 - 10%

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems 2
Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people 1
Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program 2
Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 1
Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion 3
Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals 2
Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations 1
Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards 1

It was weird answering this. I kinda feel like I use Te a lot at work, because I quite often want to know some of the steps in advance or define the process ahead of time. But... at the same time, quite a few of my colleagues get frustrated with me because most of the time I wing it and make it up as I go along. I think I use Te for the small tasks, like putting a contract in place, but I hate using it for broader-scale project management (ie BLEAH).

13/40 = 32%