• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unhealthy functions

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I have read some pages about mbti functions, like this:
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types

But it seems that every description about functions is referred to healthy type.

I'd like reading how every function works when unhealthy.
And last, when a mbti type is unhealthy, it uses the unhealthy "version" of his main and secondary functions, or the unhealthy "version" of his 3rd and 4th functions?

Thank you! Bye.

sculpting

I have noticed this very much-MBTI is all abot the roses and happiness and doesn't really talk much abouut the F'ed up folks in the world.

However the ennergram book had scales from 0-10 on personality health and it was very enlightening.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unhealthy pretty much means the undeveloped, one-dimensional, and unbalanced (by other functions) expression of a function.

Here's my quick stab at unhealthy descriptions:

Fe uses and manipulates others as a means to fulfill personal needs and make the self happy.
Fi cares only about internal values, and ignores the needs of others and the real world.
Ne spazzes out, using people and things only to make connections and disposing of them once they've served their purpose.
Ni gets self-involved and focuses on the meaninglessness in everything and everyone, unable to accept anything for what it is.
Se is always looking for the next thrill or adventure, and cuts off anything and everything that impedes on that singular goal.
Si is stuck in the past, and is unable to acknowledge or adjust to past rules becoming ineffective.
Te is empirically driven, viewing the human factor an annoyance that must be factored but never respected.
Ti caught up in the glorious conclusions it has derived, taking pride in the 'BS' is managed to remove, and mainly being concerned about being right, instead of becoming right.