User Tag List

12311 Last

Default How do you use Fi?

Alright for benchmarking, see how you guys fare on Fi... (Anybody can play, not just feelers!) This would should feel really "right".

F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
    F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
    F3: I am aware of universal personal values
    F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
    F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
    F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
    F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
    F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
    F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

F1: (5) I subjectively know what is important to me. I love being subjective.
    F2: (5) Life is an endless search for it. Whatever it is.
    F3: (5) Of course
    F4: (3) I feel strange if I go against my values, but sometimes rationalise that the value was wrong.
    F5: (1) I know what is important to me, but the bigger picture and surroundings matter more.
    F6: (4) I value all living things and treat pets like humans giving them credit for having complex psychologies. I don't feel bad about killing mosquitos and stuff like my ISFP sister.
    F7: (5) I assess other peoples emotional states by empathetic feel. So yes.
    F8: (2) I judge ideas on relevence, integrity, logic etc. I judge whether they should be done by taking into account the personal.
    F9: (3) Only do it occasionally, unlike the more assertive Fi doms. It is normally quite scary and doesn't care what superficial things get fried in the process.

Well that clears up my wondering if I'm ENTP or not .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me [5]
    F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values [5]
    F3: I am aware of universal personal values [4]
    F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values [5]
    F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions [4]
    F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity [5]
    F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. [4]
    F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values [4]
    F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship [4]

I got 40 total.
    Last edited by The Outsider; 07-04-2009 at 09:20 AM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me [4] Yes but I do stop (in everything but matters of the heart where intuition rules) and ask if it makes sense, logically.
    F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values [5]
    F3: I am aware of universal personal values [4] Yes and I understand this as a universal understanding of what's important in people's lives. Having gone to a really international school, the idea, for example that you put 300 16-18 year olds together from 80 different countries and they'll have more similarities than differences.
    F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values [5]
    F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions [4] I'd like to think I do and I try but don't always succeed. Also, I always stop and check in with the rational side.
    F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity [5]
    F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.[5] Yes
    F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values [2] No. Depends on the realm, with friends and close relationships, perhaps. Certainly not with ideas.
    F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship [4] Yes, if I have decided that the area is a priority.

38 Wow, I really am an ENXP
    Last edited by ergophobe; 07-07-2009 at 12:15 AM.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Ah... much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    3 F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me After being punished for it as a youngin', I've come to fight the process.

5 F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values Hah! Especially annoying when I'm in a business meeting, thinking about if soul mates exist.

3 F3: I am aware of universal personal values. Yes, but there is so much I still don't know. Otherwise I'd put 4 or 5.

3 F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values Broken Fi. I learned to break values to fit expectations, and became miserable for it. I'm trying to restore it.

4 F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions Yes. In the moment this is where I turn, and I spend my down time refining this through other functional means.

4 F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity There are one or two things that can make me unfairly judgmental, but over all yes.

5 F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. Oh yes. I've talked about my internal 'resonance' with others before. I know what you feel because it affects me as well.

5 F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values It can't be helped, but I do so with the understanding that I may not understand everything and there's room for error. I can accept my ability to be horribly wrong, sometimes.

3 F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship The infamous brick wall. I give it 3 because it's not easy to reach that brick wall, though.
    Score = 35
    Last edited by Udog; 07-03-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added total for personal reference.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

4 -- F: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me

5 -- F: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values

2 -- F: I am aware of universal personal values ("Universal personal values" is nearly an oxymoron.)

4 -- F: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values

5 -- F: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions

3 -- F: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity

5 -- F: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.

5 -- F: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values

5 -- F: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
    3 - Much of what is important to me has been shaped by knowledge I've taken in. I often remind myself what needs to be my priority, even if my emotions are going in a different direction. However, my priorities are set by my values, but that doesn't mean I don't find it hard to live up to my own values.

F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
    1 - I know what's important to me already. I don't do much seeking. It just is. If it changes, I simply acknowledge the change.

F3: I am aware of universal personal values
    ? - I'm not sure what this means. This seems like a contradiction to me.

F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
    5 - Very much so. I have massive inner turmoil when I violate my own values. Most of my internal struggle is a sort of fight between heart & head. I think it's actually raw emotion vs. refined Fi values.

F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
    5 - Yes, see F1.

F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity

F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
    5 - I put myself in other people's shoes. I consider how I'd feel.

F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
    5 - yes, haha.

F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship
    5 - always!
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 07-03-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I use Fi along with salt & pepper to season many fine dishes.

So tasty.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm basically all 5's in everything, with the underlying knowledge that I need to be a hell of a lot more objective if I want to expand my horizons.
    "So I say, live and let live. That’s my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who can’t go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post

F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me5
    F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values5
    F3: I am aware of universal personal values5
    F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values3 - in theory, I'd like to do this more often
    F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions4 - sometimes I do decide that I "have" to do something, not just what feels right to me
    F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity5
    F7: I assess other people’s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.3 - I guess, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea...
    F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values 3 - usually, but I can also put myself in other people's shoes, I'm not that closed off to objectivity
    F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship 4 - most of the time, but I don't know that I'd actually die for anything
    This is the fastest way to answer. BTW, where did the scoring come in, I didn't see it in the OP?