• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you use Fi?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me -1 (I can do it. If all else fails.)
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values -1
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 0 (universal and personal = contradictory, TiTamske says)
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 0 (never mind internal harmony)
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 2
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 3
F7: I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 0
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 0
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 2

8/40.

Ouch. Edit. 9/45.

There are three sorts of mathematicians, those who can count and those who can't.

Last edited:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 3.33
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values - 4.44
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 1.943
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 3.334
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 5
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity 4
F7: I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 3.1Q
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 2.4
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - .1

I got a number.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me [3.5]
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values [5]
F3: I am aware of universal personal values [5]
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values [5]
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions [4]
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity [5]
F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. [4]
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values [1]
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship [4]

35.5 / 40

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
heheh, what about the other option for Fi use: "If I justify something to myself through shoe-horning into my value system so that I'm satisfied, I do not consider anyone else's assessment of it as unethical to be valid" ;)

Damn straight!
Every body forward, I see the great white whale on the horizon!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me. 2
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values. 3 but it doesent come easy to me
F3: I am aware of universal personal values. ? i dont understand how something can be universal but still personal
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values. 3
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions. 3
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity. 3
F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. 0
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values. 1
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship. 4

20/45

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 3
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values - 1
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 3
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 0
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 3
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 3
F7: I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 2
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 3
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 0

18/45 - 40%

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four

[4] I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
[5] I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
[5] I am aware of universal personal values
[4] I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
[4] I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
[5] I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
[5] I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
[4] I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
[3] I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

87%

KDude

Alright for benchmarking, see how you guys fare on Fi... (Anybody can play, not just feelers!) This would should feel really "right".

4F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
5F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
3F3: I am aware of universal personal values
4F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
4F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
3F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
huhF7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
3F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
4F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Fi

F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 5
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values - 5
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - meh? 4.25 (not sure exactly what this means, and I wouldn't agree with it on all counts [I've had enough fights with Fi dom's or aux's about their "universal" personal values that I disagree with], but I do believe certain personal values should be held by all.)
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 4.5 (there are other ways I also maintain personal harmony, so I'm knocking this one down half a point)
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 4.5 (I know many things that are important to me, but I also waffle a bit, as I'm able to see from other perspectives as well [likely due to Ni])
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 5
F7: I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 4.25
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 5
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 5

42.5/45 = 94.44%

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me 0
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values 5
F3: I am aware of universal personal values 0
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values 0
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions 2
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity 5
F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. 2
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values 2
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship 3

19/45

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me. 4
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values. 5
F3: I am aware of universal personal values. 2
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values. 5
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions. 3
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity. 3
F7: I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. 4
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values. 4
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship. 2

32/45

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
F1: Mostly, but sometimes other people's emotions are more important.
F2: No.
F3: I'm aware of them, but usually I don't care.
F4: I don't really have values that are that important. I like doubting my values.
F5: I like doubting the things that are important to me. Other people always do that, so I'm kinda getting used to do it myself before others start doing that. This makes making decisions kinda hard, but whatever. :)
F6: I can't value all living things. That's simply impossible in this world.
F7: I don't know how I'm doing it, but I'm amazing in reading other people.
F8: Like I said before, I don't have values that stay the same all the time. I change my values too much to judge other people's with them.
F9: No.

Does this mean I'm not ENFP anymore? Or just one with weak Fi?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
(1) Emotions are just one of many inputs to a rational process of determining importance

F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
(5)

F3: I am aware of universal personal values
(1) I do not even understand what this means. I have values. I do not assume they are shared by others. I know the values of others are often not shared by me.

F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
(3) I am more concerned with integrity than harmony. Conflict can be healthy and productive, if approached constructively.

F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
(4) Yes. Values tell me why, logic tells me how, both together tell me what.

F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
(3) I do this in the abstract, but may make significant compromises here in the interests of practical application. It is thus an ideal.

F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
(1) I rarely concern myself with the emotional states of others, and use my own mainly as red flags for areas that require attention.

F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
(3) In part.

F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship
(4) Yes. My decision to undertake "crusades" is based upon my likelihood of success (is this a problem I can actually do something about); external tension is rarely a factor.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
5, Is there any other way to create a personal value system?
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values
F3: I am aware of universal personal values
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
Use to be 5, I'd say 2 now that i realize how horribly inaccurate it is
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship
0, No crusading for me.

18/45

Aimee

MBTI Type
ENFP
Alright for benchmarking, see how you guys fare on Fi... (Anybody can play, not just feelers!) This would should feel really "right".

5F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
5F3: I am aware of universal personal values
3F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
4F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
5F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
5F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
5F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
3F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship

I got 40. I'm very smooshy.:hug:

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
5F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me
Yes, I do, and also use objectivity as well.
I do this frequently.
5F3: I am aware of universal personal values
Most definitely!
5F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values
If I didn't adhere to my values and integrity, I'd lose my identity.
5F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions
Not only based off of what is truly important to me on an emotional level, but also on a pragmatic level
5F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity
Yes, I prefer people to be themselves, not blindly follow the crowd.
5F7: I assess other people's emotional states by reading my own internal reactions.
Yep, the "if I were in their shoes, I'd feel like this." rings true.
5F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values
in my case, both this and objective data too!
3F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship
As an individualist, yes, this applies. I dislike peer pressure vehemently. Although, I do know there are personal relationships that I value more than others, like family for example, thus I wouldn't do anything to endanger relationships in that aspect. This is a hard question... talk about cognitive dissonance! Part of me wants to maintain my identity, the other doesn't want to disappoint people! This is what you get when you ask a social variant type 4! I choose 3, almost halfway mark.

43/45= 95%

Last edited:

moviconte

MBTI Type
INTP
F1: I subjectively use my emotions to inform me of what is important to me - 1/5
F2: I seek to know what is truly important to me, my deeply held values - 5/5
F3: I am aware of universal personal values - 0/5
F4: I maintain internal harmony and personal integrity by adhering to my deeply held values - 4/5
F5: I know what is truly important to me and use this knowledge to guide decisions - 4/5
F6: I value all living things, attempting to allow each to maintain its own integrity - 2/5 My problem here may be with the wording--plants are living things, but I certainly don't value them on the same scale as humans. Same goes for bacteria, or poisonous fungi, or whathaveyou.
F7: I assess other people�s emotional states by reading my own internal reactions. - 0/5
F8: I judge ideas, attitudes and behaviors according to my values - 1/5
F9: I crusade for what is right even if it creates tension with the external world and may endanger a personal relationship - 3/5

20/45. Surprisingly high.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
This is a poor crutch of what Fi is, it does not distill the essence of Fi, merely the NFP view of Fi from the perspective of said NFP. The essence of Fi is a self inclusive ethics system, there are several points above which aren't introverted at all.

It's introverted, it isn't empathy in the slightest. It is inflicting your own values on others through projection/mirroring/molding whatever you want to call it and then declaring you understand people by your own individual perception that is based upon your own internal reality. I smell something off.

KDude

This is a poor crutch of what Fi is, it does not distill the essence of Fi, merely the NFP view of Fi from the perspective of said NFP. The essence of Fi is a self inclusive ethics system, there are several points above which aren't introverted at all.

It's introverted, it isn't empathy in the slightest. It is inflicting your own values on others through projection/mirroring/molding whatever you want to call it and then declaring you understand people by your own individual perception that is based upon your own internal reality. I smell something off.

TJs get the insular Fi, and FPs get to tap a little into the Eidos. Sucks, I know. I didn't make the rules though :wink: j/k

Rather than being explicitly self-inclusive, they are indirectly looking for what's essentially human. The more they have it on tap, the more the empathy may come through.. just out of their ideal of what's human.