• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Developing auxilliary functions: How?

sculpting

So I hear this constantly. Develop the auxilliary function to be more balanced.

How do you do this for the different functions? Zarc has given me good insight on Fi, but what about Ti, Si or Ni for the extroverts?

If you have developed sort of ackwardly what specific tools can you use to become more well rounded?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
For the extraverts, it's more of just stopping and allowing yourself to look within yourself for what you perceive from inside. It's about stopping to think about personal desires over the external world.

Say, for an ExTP, they have lived off of Se or Ne for a while, but to be more balanced, they need to develop Ti. The problem they're going to face is that they have lived their life off of perception. They've gone with impulses, moved with the flow, and not stopped to think about potential setbacks. Ti involves dissecting things to figure out how they work. For an ExTP, it means introverting for the sake of understanding an action you're taking. Ti allows you to take the action and analyze it internally in order to refine it.

For an ExFJ, Ni and Si are introverted perception. They've lived off of Fe, primary outward judgment focused on harmonious relationships. In a sense, they've "gone with the flow" and allowed themselves to be influenced almost entirely by the extraverted feeling judgments. This works the majority of the time, as the outward judgment allows them to get things done and accommodate other people, but it fails to accommodate the person using it. It allows them to focus on themselves as well as have inner perception to add to the outward judgment.

Si is a function that focuses on the past. In using Si, the ESFJ is able to recall past experiences in great detail. ESFJs dig into Si to remember how the Fe judgments were done before and worked. In a way, they use Si to stabilize the present. In doing this, they're able to modify present actions by recalling what has worked before.

Ni is a function that focuses on the future and possibilities. It takes an idea, and improves on it. For an ENFJ, they use Ni to focus on people. An ENFJ looks at someone and sees potential, and wants to help them reach their potential. Like an ESFJ, they have relied on Extraverted Feeling judgment to live and are using judging standards that change with the situation, letting themselves be affected greatly by each situation. To use Ni, an ENFJ is able to use the intuition to see what's "over the horizon" when using Fe. Instead of being dominated by each situation with Fe, they can take the use of Fe in the situation and focus their intuition on the people they're judging, seeing the potential in the people around them.

Err. Why did I pick ExFJs? LOL. Ok. It works the same for ExTJs, anyway.

G

garbage

I think it's just a matter of exercising them, and they're all exercised in different ways.

When I sought a "feeling balance," I hit up clubs and tried my hand at mild social manipulation. I began to read body language well. I became cognizant of what sort of demeanor my clothes and body language projected. I ended up getting really, really good at giving and receiving indirect communication from others.

It all started by paying attention to things that I didn't normally pay attention to.

Basically, it was a matter of applying my existing strengths (Ne/Ti) to a new domain in order to expand a little bit. At first, I saw all of this as an analytical experiment from which I could draw inferences and correlations.. but it eventually just kind of became a part of how I process and deal with the world, a tool that I have some training in and can call upon at most any time.

VagrantFarce

Developing the Secondary

Ti: Spinning the truth vs. Seeing the whole truth

Fi: Pleasure-seeking vs. Seeing what is truly good

Si: Seeking facts to support a purpose vs. Allowing yourself to see whatever facts are there

Ni: Seeing through smoke and mirrors vs. Seeing the validity of other perspectives

Deconstructing an opposing view vs. using a shared vocabulary to communicate your own view

Te: Judging vs. Navigating

Fe: Serving vs. Negotiating

Se: Idle amusement vs. Being present

Ne: Idle curiosity vs. Opportunism