User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    GONE

I thought I had a lot of Ti (Te?) according to different online tests I've taken which is why sometimes I test as ENTP or INTP.

I also love categorizing things and making lists - but it may be a control issue and a way to deal with overactive Ne. I once DJed with my INFP friend who is a professional DJ and she was really surprised and even laughed at how I made my song lists - I literally started writing down 6-8 categories with a kind of music and sorting appropriate songs into them. I think she thought it was overly much.

My Ti/Te comes out most when I am organizing an event or workshop and when I speak publicly and especially when I am angry or doing "business". I am very unsentimental when it comes to money and negotiating deals and such i.e. "work". And I am and always have been a good organizer of events - that's more Te though.

INFPs [that I have dated] and some other people have told me that I cut people with my words and they were afraid of making me angry because of what I would say to them. It has more to do about being truthful than being mean or vindictive. But I'm not sure how much of that is Ti? I get super exact and economical with my words so that I am explicitly clear. I speak like an unsentimental XNTJ.

I also do notice when things don't make sense or fit but I live my own life in a way that doesn't make logical or common sense.

I think my Ti while strong(er than average for an ENFP) is more a survival skill I had to ramp up quick on growing up in an extremely INTX and even NF hostile household and later going to a very SJ/NT and outright hostile (to me) school. In crisis situations, I think Ti must shine for ENFPs because supposedly we're good in crisis situations and I know from experience that I am. However, under regular stress I absolutely do not make any logical sense (and I'm hella scattered). I'm not even kidding. There is a horrible, horrible team leadership excercise we did in highschool that highlights this fact very well.

A group of about 40 kids took the MBTI test and we got our 'types'. Then we did this day long leadership workshop. At one point we broke up into teams of 5-6 and had to figure out a way to make the tallest structure out of flexible straws. I made myself the de facto leader for our group and got my team to do something absolutely nonsensical to the straws. Our building couldn't even freaking STAND up. It wasn't even a STRUCTURE, it was a sad, sad lump of broken straws that I directed people to put together in that way. Everyone else kicked our ass by A LOT. Our adult supervisor even refused to be in the picture with us at the end of the excercise because she was EMBARASSED by how poorly we did. So, um, yeah, I think that was poorly developed Ti/Te?

However, if Ti is a life skill, it's a life skill that every "feeler" has to become familiar with wielding to be taken seriously in the world. Again, that's my own experience speaking.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. - 4 - It helps more often than not
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies - 1
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work - 0
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency - 5
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints - 3 - But often sound vague, anyway
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation - 4 - More often than not
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles - 0
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles - 3 - May influence the structure of a project, for instance
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life - 5 - Not looking the hypocrite is important
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints - 0

25/50
    Last edited by DaRick; 07-21-2009 at 02:59 AM.
    MBTI: INFJ (I: 100% N:58% F: 58% J: 84%)
    Socionics: INFJ
    Enneagram: 4w5 sp/so/sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I've never adhered strictly to frameworks and such. But I do aim to get a perfect description of the system. Internally I don't do any of the pondering and rigid technical things, but the output often seems like I do because I have a drive to understand, and help myself and the world see things clearly.
    Same here.

I find frameworks extremely useful for describing and discussing things, but I don't embrace them dogmatically.

My insistence on "getting to the bottom of things" is motivated by a desire to understand, not to "be right."

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    One of the strengths ENFPs have is Fi gets used for psychoanalysis. It is actually a lot more powerful than people give it credit for.
    I agree.

And it seems like ENTPs do a similar thing with Ne and Ti.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ISTP

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. -5
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies -4
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work -5
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency -5
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints -5
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation -5
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles -4
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles -4
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life -4
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints -5

Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. 5
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies 5
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work 5
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency 5
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints 5
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation 4
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles 4
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles 4
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life 5
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints 4 (if this was "try to use precise language" it would be 5)

46/50

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Not an NF, but w/e

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. - 5
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies - 3
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work - 5
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency - 4
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints - 2
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation - 3
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles - 4
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles - 3
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life - 3
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints - 5

37/50 - 74%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Not an NF, but w/e

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. - 5
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies - 5
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work - 5
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency - 5
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints - 5
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation - 5
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles - ?
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles - 4
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life - 1
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints - 1

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. 1
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies 5
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work 5
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency 4
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints 2
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation 4
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles 3
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles 2
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life 2
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints 3

31/50
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    It looks like a fair number of NFPs end up in the sciences or other technical fields. I found the below scale in a book called "Functions of Type" (which is only 12 bucks and really interesting). I took the below and ended up with as much Ti as Fi, becuase my Fi is kind of clunky. I wondered how other NFPs look in comparison.

Give yourself a 0 if you never, ever do the item and a 5 if you do it all the time, in your sleep, like breathing. (HINT: I got all fives for the Ne test but tons of zeros on the Fe test.)

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints
    I'd like to see your Te score.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I think these results are interesting. It especially seems that many enfps are testing high on Ti (except Satine). I wonder if they'd test as high on Te, their supposed tertiary fallback. I haven't seen anything that has refute Jung's assertion of the Xi YeYeYe/Xe YiYiYi function order in this test (except cascade as well). If anything, I'd say it supports that theory over the Xi YeYiYe current function theory.

I will skip over and check out your Fe test.........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com