User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. If it's helpful, sure.

Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies. Um, yeah, I guess, but what are these marvellous models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies of which you speak?

Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work YES

Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency YES, that's why I can never decide on my bloody type.

Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints NOPE can't say that I do. I use appropriate words, sure, but all this define this, and "use a different word" crap is too much.

Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation When I feel like it, sure.

Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles What the hell do you mean by category profiles? Whatever dude, yeah I can make priorities. (Whoever made this did not use precise terminology, just for the record).

Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles Um, maybe? Still don't know what these category profiles are.

Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life. Yes, among other things. But I like trying new stuff too! Too consistent is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringgggggggg.

Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints. You and your bloody precise language. When you get some precise language, I'll try it out, too! If by precise you mean so ambiguous and obscure that no one can figure it out, like this Ti 10-step program, I'll go with a yes.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What makes you INFP, though, is that you probably learned that skill using active effort in response to the requirements of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    INTPs, they do that type of stuff to relax... like how we might play around with what emotions might be motivating someone.
    To relax!

Thanks Udog for the explanation. I didn't think I was pretending to do all that through Fi! BUT, I sure don't do it to relax, it is a very energy-out process - it is work and very much so.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    This test reeks of intellectual elitism, not necessarily Ti.
    You know, I felt the same way when I read the questions. The Fi questions carry a heavy subjective application, and these smack of a supposed logical purity.

MBTI
    INTJ

Seriously, if Ti isn't allowed to be the one function that does reek of logical purity, which one is?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You know, I felt the same way when I read the questions. The Fi questions carry a heavy subjective application, and these smack of a supposed logical purity.
    It is to some extent, but that doesn't bother me. The INFPs that are pure creatures of Fi are very subjective creatures, with an internal logic that can be frustrating to others trying to make sense of.

Anyway, we'd need a Te description - I bet alot of us would relate to that much better.

EDIT: Actually, Ne Monster - hope you don't mind me stealing this from your blog! Here's the Te description - I went ahead and removed Ne-Monster's scores out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems
    Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people
    Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program
    Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3
    Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion
    Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals
    Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations
    Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards
    Yeah, I'd score much better on that one. I already see at least two 5s.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Seriously, if Ti isn't allowed to be the one function that does reek of logical purity, which one is?
    LOL, I shall grant you that then!

Looking at Te, I definitely see much more of myself there.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'll do the Te one because I'm bored. Why are there 8 and not 10?

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems [2] Kinda sorta.
    Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people [0] Can't say that I do...
    Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program [4] Yeah, when I'm actually put in this position.
    Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 [5] Yep.
    Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion [5] Yep.
    Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals [3] Somewhat.
    Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations [0] Can't say that I do this... I'm not put in the position to do this ever.
    Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards [2] Somewhat yes... in my head.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmm, I've been going with a pretty straightforward/intuitive definition for each of these terms. Am I missing some part of their meaning, as I've never really studied psychology outside of MBTI? What meaning do you, marmalade.sunrise, give to these words?
    abstract, logical concepts that don't *actually* include physical models, blueprints, or cateloguing

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I'll do the Te one because BlackCat is bored.

Te 1: I objectively define the scope of problems [2]
    Te 2: I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people [1]
    Te 3: I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task of manage a program [2]
    Te 4: I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal, complete a task, or solve a problem: Take step 1, then step2, then step 3 [4]
    Te 5: I use logic to convince others to work toward a goal or to accept my position in a discussion [5]
    Te 6: I objectively measure the external world to achieve measurable goals [1]
    Te 7: I turn effective procedures and processes into performance standards, rules, and regulations [0]
    Te 8: I evaluate performance against measurable goals and standards [1]

This time, I got 16.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'll do the Te one because I'm bored. Why are there 8 and not 10?

I dont know, some had different numbers. Fe actually two Fe2 qestions so who knows.

I am going to put the Fe one over in the NT section cause I want to make the entps take it. You guys can go take it to though..

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I'll do the Te one because BlackCat is bored.

You guys need kids to relieve your boredom. I have two handy. I'll drop ship and cover frieght charges if you want one. Just PM me.