User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I'm not saying I can even pretend to possess the same function order as INTP or ENTP but I work in IT / computer programming. I set up project plans based on a logical framework of sequenced tasks. I seek to use language in the most precise manner possible, using appropriate terminologies.

This is all Fi based? Not Ti or is it Te?

Help, you have confused me!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I rely heavily on Te, so part of my problem in replying was what's Ti and what is Te feeding into Fi.

My guess, Peacebaby, is that some of that is Ti, and some of that is Te. Your attempts at communicating with clarity and precision is sort of classic Ti.

What makes you INFP, though, is that you probably learned that skill using active effort in response to the requirements of work. INTPs, they do that type of stuff to relax... like how we might play around with what emotions might be motivating someone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. (3)
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies(2)
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work(2)
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency(4)
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints(3)
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation(3)
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles(2)
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles(2)
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life(3)
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints(2)
    If I would have taken this test first I would have realized how the scoring worked on the Fi one.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I don't use Ti much. Maybe these sometimes:

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories.
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would like to add the language used in this test is bullshit. A person would have to be fairly educated to apply it to their thinking patterns, and a person could use lots of Ti without having that particular level of education.

In fact, the only reason the language here makes sense to me is because I've studied some basic psychology and taken a few classes in education. The words "model" and "blueprint" and "category profiles" could really throw many people off.

This test reeks of intellectual elitism, not necessarily Ti.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ Yeah, I thought the wording was contrived to seem "smart".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

heart on fire

No Ti, it's all Ne.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I would like to add the language used in this test is bullshit. A person would have to be fairly educated to apply it to their thinking patterns, and a person could use lots of Ti without having that particular level of education.
    If it's true that Ti users "seek precision in [their] use of words and in [their] internal models, frameworks, and blueprints" and "use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints", then... ahem, well, you can guess the rest.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ti 1: I organize data and ideas into a logical internal framework or sets of categories. [2] In a very primitive way.
    Ti 2: I seek data to fill holes in my models, frameworks, blueprints and logical taxonomies [2] Only when I feel that I need it.
    Ti 3: I use my inner understanding of how ideas and things logically fit together to help me understand how things work [5] Yep.
    Ti 4: I modify models and frameworks to accommodate new data, thereby preserving inner logical consistency [3] It's a process over time.
    Ti 5: I seek precision in my use of words and in my internal models, frameworks, and blueprints [0] When I speak I'm making an impression on someone, I don't usually think of the actual words I'm using, they just come out.
    Ti 6: I logically prioritize categories and components of models in terms of the needs of the situation [0] I'm usually busy figuring out the most efficient thing to do in a situation.
    Ti 7: I restructure my priorities based upon my category profiles [0] My priorities are based on how I feel in my personal life, or the most efficient thing to do in impersonal situations.
    Ti 8: I make decisions based on my category profiles [0] Again, based on the most efficient thing to do.
    Ti 9: I seek logical consistency in my life [1] Eh not much of a priority, only when it matters to me.
    Ti 10: I use precise language to try and get the world to understand logical conceptual models and/or blueprints [0] See what I wrote on question 5.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

In fact, the only reason the language here makes sense to me is because I've studied some basic psychology and taken a few classes in education. The words "model" and "blueprint" and "category profiles" could really throw many people off.

This test reeks of intellectual elitism, not necessarily Ti.
    Hmm, I've been going with a pretty straightforward/intuitive definition for each of these terms. Am I missing some part of their meaning, as I've never really studied psychology outside of MBTI? What meaning do you, marmalade.sunrise, give to these words?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness