User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 126

  1. #31
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Am I the only one who that divides up personalities into sub factors and measures each trait? It seems like most generalise to a particular type, or some hybird of the two, with the emphasis on finding a "type".

    (ie: I measure I/E, T/F, N/S, J/P by observing actions and adding ticks next to each side, then combine them into a sub-trait scores, which when strong enough, indicates an overall trait (ie: I+/E- score))

  2. #32
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is I don't try and fit people into my internal template, I just try to see how many cumulative behaviors they have add up to a specific type. When I start looking for certain type traits, it tends to happen to the exclusion of other traits that may indicate another type. If I get the impression that this person "seems" like an ESTP then I start looking for more evidence to support my general impression, which is hit or miss sometimes.
    I don't know. The way I process type seems to be very much like how Lenore Thomson describes Ti thinking in regards to playing baseball: It's very much attached to everything going on at once, one large system where all the pieces are interacting, and I'm not really thinking through each piece, I'm just getting the overall impression and responding to it. (Because if I had to think in detail about it, it would take too long.)

    And just like in baseball, the more experienced the player is, the more scenarios they will "recognize" and know instinctively how they will turn out: It's very much experiential. And so is the way I process type. It's very much based on recognizing "past scenarios/personalities."

    I remember talking to an ESFJ coworker who described herself as analytical, and she commonly took more of the approach that you are taking, where you add up singular traits and see what there is the most of. I cannot isolate the traits like that and get a good reading, for me; I have to see them as all part of something bigger.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #33
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    >_o ...you mean INFPs included?
    Yeah, doesn't take me that much effort to see it...

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Well, yes, but most of the other types tend to try to hide it a little better. Or maybe like Usehername says, they hide it too, but if you are close to them or pretty good at reading people you can see it. I don't know. My daughter's teachers don't seem to pick up on the surrounded by idiots thing, but I've noticed it since she was old enough to roll her eyes.
    Kids are fun aren't they? I guess I hide it well enough till the frustration makes me blow at which point only the excessivly stupid end up the only ones who don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    You're trying to earn brownie points, aren't you?
    No, I'm being apathetic about it really; never mind I've watched my friend's sister's boyfriend park in the same spot after being told multiple times not to while his van is always blocking the drive way. We are surrounded by idiots; it is a fact that people can only choose to ignore.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #34
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I think we will find that N's are less social even when extraverted, because part of being social is conformity -- an S trait. An N's individualistic views are better described as anti-social.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I think we will find that N's are less social even when extraverted, because part of being social is conformity -- an S trait. An N's individualistic views are better described as anti-social.
    There is a difference between anti-social, and not likeng socialization.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  6. #36
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Interesting, how can you guys spot an ENFj?
    Whenever people remind me of oprah, i decide that they are an ENFJ.
    im usually right.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Dark Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I disagree completely with this definition.

    ENTJ telltale: quick walking, sexual jokes.
    I never make sexual jokes, and I am in fact highly annoyed by them because they are a sign of severe unsophistication.

    Sexual jokes are more a telltale sign of ESTPs and ESFPs.

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ExTJ
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Am I the only one who that divides up personalities into sub factors and measures each trait? It seems like most generalise to a particular type, or some hybird of the two, with the emphasis on finding a "type".

    (ie: I measure I/E, T/F, N/S, J/P by observing actions and adding ticks next to each side, then combine them into a sub-trait scores, which when strong enough, indicates an overall trait (ie: I+/E- score))
    I use the both "overall qualities" and individual ones when guessing types, or putting types onto people.

    There's a lot of cases where overall descriptions contain things that don't automatically come from the letters, though, so that's why people will use overall descriptions more most likely.

  9. #39
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    There is a difference between anti-social, and not likeng socialization.
    A desire to socialize is something of E, but the desire and having social skills are totally different.

    Social skills are something an S, and particularly SF, tends to have more of. It's easier for them to fit in.

    An N, on the other hand, may wish to socialize, but they are often less effective. And since their behavior is less mainstream, they have greater risk of becoming alienated, because an S-dominated world perceives the N's unconventional behavior as obnoxious. Individualistic behavior is often considered anti-social or non-social.

  10. #40
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    I never make sexual jokes, and I am in fact highly annoyed by them because they are a sign of severe unsophistication.

    Sexual jokes are more a telltale sign of ESTPs and ESFPs.
    What's good about sophistication? It's useless elitism.

Similar Threads

  1. Socionics video representations of the types
    By Lotr246 in forum Socionics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 11:37 AM
  2. Stereotypical favourite bands of the types
    By dynamiteninja in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 01:34 PM
  3. Typical Work and Social roles of the types
    By BlackCat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 10:08 PM
  4. Division of the type?
    By alcea rosea in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 08:36 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Introverted Intuitionists' eyes/Tell-tale signs?
    By Into It in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO