User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    As for anyone picking up on any SJ being concerned about nutrition is nothing impressive, since the majority are.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Ah, that's easy: the INTJ is the evil guy who secretly wishes to control the world using the new massive biological weapon and the ENTP is the guy who actually designs the weapon, without knowing how will the INTJ use it
    ha! yeah, i've never been inspired enough to create anything on my own. i've always waited to invent things until some phantom INTJ entered my life and placed an order for it, then i did so with a blank stare and handed it over no questions asked. 'cause questions, what good are they?

as for the OP, i don't think there is a secret singular way to tell without getting to know the functions, and of course the person in order to get a good enough idea of how they're more apt to use them. sowwy!

though i suppose you could slip in a few telling questions from MBTI tests as 'conversation topics', and tentatively test them that way.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Here are a few ways that I can recognize different types. This assumes you are seeing the person acting as themselves and not projecting some persona. (warning: these are not sure fire, but they will usually point you in the right direction.)

ENTP - Very quick in their thinking and clever in putting their words together. Often do things differently for no apparant reason. Unconventional.

ENFP/ENFJ - Both are very charismatic and usually have tons of friends. Almost everyone loves these types. ENFJ's tend to be more focused and goal oriented. ENFP's are less focused and a bit more hands off in their approach to things compared to ENFJ. The tell tale sign of either is huge charisma.

ENTJ/ESTJ - They really want to be in charge, especially ENTJ. Both are very goal/achievement oriented. ENTJ's tend to be more open minded about things and aren't bothered by unusual behavior slide as long as the work gets done. ESTJ's are like ENTJ's but tend to want everything done a certain way.

INTP/ISTP - These can be hard to tell apart. Both are very aloof. Both can seem easy going, and yet both can seem overly critical. Both tend to not have much sympathy for overly feeling types. Usually the way I tell them apart as an ENTP is to start talking about hypothetical ideas. INTP's usually like to talk about these things, while ISTP's will not see much use to talking about these things.

INTJ - You have to get them to open up about what their thinking and then you'll get a glimpse into the unusual mind of the INTJ. They tend to make plans or schemes about everything. They also naturally look for the most efficient way to do everything even in cases where it would make no sense to most other types (like in their relationships to other people). They also speak with certainty but are more willing to change their minds than most other J types.

INFP - They often talk about the way things "ought to be". They are reserved, but optimistic. Actually their optimistic view on life can often seem unrealistic and they will often avoid/retreat away from you if you try to confront them on their unrealistic rosy view.

ISFP - They are often quiet and keep to themselves, but they tend to have concrete ways of expressing their creativity/individuality. Tatoos, a motorcycle, hanging their artwork everywhere...something. Be on the look out for outward expressions of who they are.

ISTJ - They seem the most grounded practical type. They can get irritated easily by what I would consider minutia. Very detail oriented people in general.

ISFJ - Like ISTJ but more polite.

ESFJ - Very warm caring individuals. They are traditional, but try to use the traditions to make people feel special, cared about and lifted up.

ESFP - Like to party and socialize. High energy, expressive and creative. Can seem ditzy and impractical too.

ESTP - Very action oriented. Also likes to party and socialize. Really a lot like the ESFP, but more logical.

INFJ - I'm married to an INFJ, but really I think tell tale signs are the hardest to discern with them. They can appear to be a variety of other types until you really get to know them well.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'm married to an INFJ, but really I think tell tale signs are the hardest to discern with them. They can appear to be a variety of other types until you really get to know them well.
    Elaborate, if you please. In spite of the generality, are there inimitable characteristics?

Since we're asking, a recurring question of mine is whether I am an INFJ after all but acting out a pretense, an ENTJ who has finally come back from a long time in the wilderness, or in fact an INTJ.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Elaborate, if you please. In spite of the generality, are there inimitable characteristics?

Since we're asking, a recurring question of mine is whether I am an INFJ after all but acting out a pretense, an ENTJ who has finally come back from a long time in the wilderness, or in fact an INTJ.
    Other than my wife I've only known one other person to be INFJ, and I only knew that this other person was INFJ because she told me. INFJ's are private but they can often appear as extraverts when in public. My wife appears ESFP to many people and the other INFJ appeared more as an ESFJ/ESTJ to me, at least on the surface. Although I got to know her a little better and I can see how she is an INFJ now. Eventually I found out she has a variety of interests, but she's really private. She has a definite artistic side, and puts a high priority on close family and friends. These are all characteristics that this other INFJ shared with my wife.

Other than that what I look for is strong Ni in a feeler. I think this can look like jumping to wild conclusions, or being able to read someone very effectively. INFJ's also seem to absorb emotions from people. They feel the same things that people close to them feel. Other than that I don't know what I can tell you. I've only known 2 INFJ's so I'm not really sure how strong my patterns are from just the two.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Here are a few ways that I can recognize different types. This assumes you are seeing the person acting as themselves and not projecting some persona. (warning: these are not sure fire, but they will usually point you in the right direction.)

ENTP - Very quick in their thinking and clever in putting their words together. Often do things differently for no apparant reason. Unconventional.

ENFP/ENFJ - Both are very charismatic and usually have tons of friends. Almost everyone loves these types. ENFJ's tend to be more focused and goal oriented. ENFP's are less focused and a bit more hands off in their approach to things compared to ENFJ. The tell tale sign of either is huge charisma.

ENTJ/ESTJ - They really want to be in charge, especially ENTJ. Both are very goal/achievement oriented. ENTJ's tend to be more open minded about things and aren't bothered by unusual behavior slide as long as the work gets done. ESTJ's are like ENTJ's but tend to want everything done a certain way.

INTP/ISTP - These can be hard to tell apart. Both are very aloof. Both can seem easy going, and yet both can seem overly critical. Both tend to not have much sympathy for overly feeling types. Usually the way I tell them apart as an ENTP is to start talking about hypothetical ideas. INTP's usually like to talk about these things, while ISTP's will not see much use to talking about these things.

INTJ - You have to get them to open up about what their thinking and then you'll get a glimpse into the unusual mind of the INTJ. They tend to make plans or schemes about everything. They also naturally look for the most efficient way to do everything even in cases where it would make no sense to most other types (like in their relationships to other people). They also speak with certainty but are more willing to change their minds than most other J types.

INFP - They often talk about the way things "ought to be". They are reserved, but optimistic. Actually their optimistic view on life can often seem unrealistic and they will often avoid/retreat away from you if you try to confront them on their unrealistic rosy view.

ISFP - They are often quiet and keep to themselves, but they tend to have concrete ways of expressing their creativity/individuality. Tatoos, a motorcycle, hanging their artwork everywhere...something. Be on the look out for outward expressions of who they are.

ISTJ - They seem the most grounded practical type. They can get irritated easily by what I would consider minutia. Very detail oriented people in general.

ISFJ - Like ISTJ but more polite.

ESFJ - Very warm caring individuals. They are traditional, but try to use the traditions to make people feel special, cared about and lifted up.

ESFP - Like to party and socialize. High energy, expressive and creative. Can seem ditzy and impractical too.

ESTP - Very action oriented. Also likes to party and socialize. Really a lot like the ESFP, but more logical.

INFJ - I'm married to an INFJ, but really I think tell tale signs are the hardest to discern with them. They can appear to be a variety of other types until you really get to know them well.
    i have no complaints about this INTJ description. nice job!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I disagree completely with this definition.

ENTJ telltale: quick walking, sexual jokes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    INTJs are quiet and they act like they are surrounded by idiots.
    I always thought that was because the are...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    >_o ...you mean INFPs included?
    By the way, I'm the girl in the picture, lol.... happily married though, so don't even...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Well, yes, but most of the other types tend to try to hide it a little better. Or maybe like Usehername says, they hide it too, but if you are close to them or pretty good at reading people you can see it. I don't know. My daughter's teachers don't seem to pick up on the surrounded by idiots thing, but I've noticed it since she was old enough to roll her eyes.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers