User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default The dead give-aways of the different types?

Hello all, since I'm relatively knew and pretty ignorant on the types but I'd like to be able to tell who around me is what type so I can read up descriptions and actually have a "real person" fit the type I'd like to know, especially if you are that type what is the tell-tale sign that people can pick-up?
    Thanks(Yes I realize this thread might be utterly pointless to others and I apologize for that but making the people around me take the mbti test would be rather awkward and somewhat a frightening experience to my acquaintances)
    Any input anyone?
    Let's start....:
    You know you're an xxxx when you:
    -
    -
    -
    Hope to get some info from you guys.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ESFJ

I can tell an NT, because they are the people who will walk absentmindedly into traffic. It sucks for me, since, as an SJ, I HAVE to put myself in the way of danger to save them.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I can tell an NT, because they are the people who will walk absentmindedly into traffic.
    I don't think so. There's a very, very long thread somewhere over at INFPgc about how absentminded INFPs can get. To the point, for instance, of walking into doors.
    "There can be no understanding between the hands and the head unless the heart acts as mediator." (Metropolis, 1927)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INXP

You know an SF because they seem to think it's more important to keep on driving when an NT is in mid thought process.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    istp

it's a bit nonsensical to categorize behavior of types, because this is probably based on day-to-day observation of people who's type we've most likely concluded through... categorized behavior.

if each person were to comment on their own type, although not entirely accurate, this would give us a better foundation since self-identified type is, at the very least, tested and sometimes even backed by lots of self study.

from there, we can categorize by correlation in "tells" and type.

i would suggest these be put in simple, short sentences for easier memorization and application in the field.

I will do myself (self-identified as ISTP) for example... i am going to write mine in the form of thoughts that often pass through my mind in a given day.

- i dont have an observation to divulge, so why say anything?
    - what's the purpose of this?
    - it's more important that this makes sense to me even if i dont feel that i like it
    - i like a steady physical/social/chronological environment so i can easily maneuver it
    - dont tie me down
    - im not sure, so i will wait until i am before making a decision
    - get to the point already
    - this is unnecessary, i dont have time for this
    - what could i do? of that, what will i do and what is the rationale?
    - if it affects me, then i want to be in control of it
    - i will deal with that later
    - how does this apply/how can i take advantage of this?
    - i need to find out as much as possible so i can keep my options open, or make the most well-informed decision if (god forbid) absolutely necessary
    - what do *I* get out of this? is that fair?
    - if you want me to do something, you need to give me the tools to do it (and visca versa)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    it's a bit nonsensical to categorize behavior of types, because this is probably based on day-to-day observation of people who's type we've most likely concluded through... categorized behavior.

if each person were to comment on their own type, although not entirely accurate, this would give us a better foundation since self-identified type is, at the very least, tested and sometimes even backed by lots of self study.

from there, we can categorize by correlation in "tells" and type.

i would suggest these be put in simple, short sentences for easier memorization and application in the field.

I will do myself (self-identified as ISTP) for example... i am going to write mine in the form of thoughts that often pass through my mind in a given day.

- i dont have an observation to divulge, so why say anything?
    - what's the purpose of this?
    - it's more important that this makes sense to me even if i dont feel that i like it
    - i like a steady physical/social/chronological environment so i can easily maneuver it
    - dont tie me down
    - im not sure, so i will wait until i am before making a decision
    - get to the point already
    - this is unnecessary, i dont have time for this
    - what could i do? of that, what will i do and what is the rationale?
    - if it affects me, then i want to be in control of it
    - i will deal with that later
    - how does this apply/how can i take advantage of this?
    - i need to find out as much as possible so i can keep my options open, or make the most well-informed decision if (god forbid) absolutely necessary
    - what do *I* get out of this? is that fair?
    - if you want me to do something, you need to give me the tools to do it (and visca versa)
    That's the kind of answer I was looking for. Straight from the source. I do think there are tell tale signs, of course they are not "facts", more like a vibe you get often or a vibe you know you give off. And usually I get a vibe after cruising the forum on who is T and who is not so far, it's pretty blatant in the way they talk. for example I have a T friend who says I think over...a million times a day and will not tolerate "nonsense, just like you do" not sure if she is N or S though, if you display too much emotions she will give you this sort of "blank", little response usually a simple "oh". (ok not by just looking at people, but after spending some time with them. The way they walk doesn't have much to do with that, I'll give you that point.) See by reading this it's clear you're not an NF o.O.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHeart View Post
    I don't think so. There's a very, very long thread somewhere over at INFPgc about how absentminded INFPs can get. To the point, for instance, of walking into doors.
    I see NFs as more of the type that would be pulling mightily at a glass door that reads "PUSH."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INxJ

I can tell an NT, because they are the people who will walk absentmindedly into traffic. It sucks for me, since, as an SJ, I HAVE to put myself in the way of danger to save them.
    Thanks, man. I'm serious.

INF = Insecurity
    INT = Not There

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

all the temperaments can walk absentmindedly into traffic.

SP's: (headphones in ears) 'I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE! YOU OTHER FELLAS CAN'T DE...' BAM!

NF's: 'what is love? what is love itself? to grow wings and fly into someone's arms? why...' BAM!

NT's: 'how is gun control justified? why must we follow a rule that was made so long ago when it is evident that guns undermine peaceful socie...' BAM!

SJ's: 'i promised them that i'll get hit by a bus'. BAM!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    SJ's: 'i promised them that i'll get hit by a bus'. BAM!

That's hardly absentminded.

So, Merc, that was you? Never had a chance to thank you.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge