• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Te users more likely to have competitive natures?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Competition focused on personal aspects is the one Te users are the least likely to engage in. Things like: social status, the most attractive, the most attention, the most liked, the most musically talented, the funniest, the most intelligent, the most [insert any character trait]... This is competition for insecure and envious people. It's childish and for people who have low self-esteem.

The personal things can rarely ever be reliably measured.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
The personal things can rarely ever be reliably measured.

You took the words out of my mouth. The reason why I love to compete for the impersonal things, such as winning a game or getting the highest score in something, is because it can be measured and it lets you know who is the best.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i find Ti users to be the most competitive. they seem to get more fully engaged with a challenge or game than any other type. i think michael jordan was a Ti dom. Te just wants to get something done in an efficient and painless-as-possible manner. Ti wants to conquer. especially Ti 3s, the stps, etc. estp and entp. Te will still hate to be bested, my entj friends are soooo competitive, but it's not just in losing, it's in not being perfect, not being efficient, having things break down and not go according to plan, etc.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
i find Ti users to be the most competitive. they seem to get more fully engaged with a challenge or game than any other type. i think michael jordan was a Ti dom. Te just wants to get something done in an efficient and painless-as-possible manner. Ti wants to conquer. especially Ti 3s, the stps, etc. estp and entp. Te will still hate to be bested, my entj friends are soooo competitive, but it's not just in losing, it's in not being perfect, not being efficient, having things break down and not go according to plan, etc.

I HATE to lose in practically anything.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not a least bit competitive. In fact, I hate competition. Couldn't care less about winning or losing.

My Te is probably rather weak anyway.