User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

In my younger days i was incredibly competitive.

At school i always wanted to be at my best with subjects i liked especially when being taught by NT teachers.

With computer games, i will obsess until i get the highest score, especially with Tetris, Bejeweled, Majong etc.

At the gym with my son i will push myself further so i am the last one on the treadmill even if i am about to have a heart attack (smoker).

I have calmed down now though.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I love competition and winning.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's good to hear you all speaking about your problems this freely. Now let it all out... shout it out...scream it into the world... and let the tiny tears drop
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Yes, Te users are competitive by their nature. But I think that most of them are still aware of the fact that sometimes this is not a good idea/approach.

I think TJs primarily want to achieve, therefore they compete (to have biggest achievments).

Pure competitiveness for its own sake may have something to do with Se imo.

Te and Fe might seem prone to looking towards others to validate how well they are doing, which may seem competitive since there is constant comparison going on. However I don't think that neccessarily indicates competition, that gives me the impression that a person is trying to beat the other person, when in reality it's possible for a TJ to be less focused on the other person and more focused on doing well himself. All he's done there is used others as a measuring bar, you could argue that he's competing with himself.

And I have no idea why I applied male to TJ....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    And I have no idea why I applied male to TJ....
    I do. Te is the most "masculine" function (yes, TJ men, you can go ahead and stroke your egos). There are female TJs, though, and some of them even have a feminine facade. Masculine doesn't mean male.

I don't remember where I read this, but here's how I've heard it breaks down:

Naturally "feminine" functions: Fe, Ne

Naturally "masculine" functions: Se, Te

Introverted functions aren't counted because they're usually not as visible.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I'm REALLY REALLY competitive, though I usually try to keep it for myself because I know how destructive it can be, especially in personal relationships.

Truth of the matter is: I'm super-duper competitive. So I don't know if it's just with Te users, although theoretically, if I were an ENFP, my Te would be tertiary, so....????
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm REALLY REALLY competitive, though I usually try to keep it for myself because I know how destructive it can be, especially in personal relationships.

Truth of the matter is: I'm super-duper competitive. So I don't know if it's just with Te users, although theoretically, if I were an ENFP, my Te would be tertiary, so....????
    Penis-Neid ? :jofticon_1:
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Having an impersonal (Te) attitude to the world, I compete for impersonal things: the highest score, the fastest time, etc. I also do so in the context of a game accepted by people with clear rules judged by a neutral third party where one can decide who the winner will be according to established criteria. This is the definition of "healthy" competition, "fair-play", typical male competition, or competition focused on competence.

Competition focused on personal aspects is the one Te users are the least likely to engage in. Things like: social status, the most attractive, the most attention, the most liked, the most musically talented, the funniest, the most intelligent, the most [insert any character trait]... This is competition for insecure and envious people. It's childish and for people who have low self-esteem.

But it is very funny that, having an impersonal attitude to competition, some sort of magic happens and I end up being the most attractive, the most popular, the most liked and the funniest... All the while having never entered any "personal" competition.