User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    yeah, i noticed that with (I)NFJs (don't get along with them) but STPs not (for now, I didn't look around much!)...

LOL, just realized you're INFJ, ... well, there could be exceptions
    Well, there could be. I know that I've met a lot of INFPs I really didn't like. There were also a few that I did. Let's hope I'm an exception.

p.s. i thought NFPs were Delta :confused: but it's not really important... so 1st and 3th Quadras don't get along, right? and 2nd and 4th? (in theory of course)
    Actually, it doesn't translate well into MBTI.

INFJs and ENFPs are Delta, INFPs and ENFJs are Beta, supposedly. People map the types from the different systems differently.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Socionic quadras look (very, very, roughly) like this:

Alpha:

NTP, SFJ

Beta:

STJ, NFP

Gamma:

NTJ, SFP

Delta:

STP, NFJ
    So what does this exactly mean? I mean I see you grouped them, but what about this? Just want to know what it means.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Socionic quadras can't really be related to MBTI. If we made MBTI quadras that would be a different story, but people can be different socionics types than MBTI types, so it just gets messy when you use this. An example is that I'm an ISFj, a Gamma quadra member in socionics, but I'm INFP in MBTI. I also know an INFP that's an ENTp in socionics, my conflictor. It all just varies.

Making MBTI quadras has been on my list of ideas for a while to make. I've just been busy with school. I think it's as useful as temperament for determining your type. I've also wanted to make MBTI relationships... but anyways (not to derail).

As for the OP's idea, this theory is true for me. I would call them "opposites" while the totally reversed letters "conflicting". People with the middle two swapped have their brains set up in the same fashion, an example is an ISTP and an INFP would both have Ji, Pe, Pi, Je. So we have similar thought styles in a way, and we can relate to each other with how we act and such. Also with this with an ISTP's functions an INFP wouldn't really dislike them, but wouldn't find any common ground due to having no functions in common. So it's pretty much a neutral interaction. With opposite type interactions it can be "conflicting" because you are seeing your weaknesses thrown in your face.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Socionic quadras can't really be related to MBTI. If we made MBTI quadras that would be a different story, but people can be different socionics types than MBTI types, so it just gets messy when you use this. An example is that I'm an ISFj, a Gamma quadra member in socionics, but I'm INFP in MBTI. I also know an INFP that's an ENTp in socionics, my conflictor. It all just varies.

Making MBTI quadras has been on my list of ideas for a while to make. I've just been busy with school. I think it's as useful as temperament for determining your type. I've also wanted to make MBTI relationships... but anyways (not to derail).

As for the OP's idea, this theory is true for me. I would call them "opposites" while the totally reversed letters "conflicting". People with the middle two swapped have their brains set up in the same fashion, an example is an ISTP and an INFP would both have Ji, Pe, Pi, Je. So we have similar thought styles in a way, and we can relate to each other with how we act and such. Also with this with an ISTP's functions an INFP wouldn't really dislike them, but wouldn't find any common ground due to having no functions in common. So it's pretty much a neutral interaction. With opposite type interactions it can be "conflicting" because you are seeing your weaknesses thrown in your face.
    I did say it was a very rough mapping.

I don't actually think they can be translated either, I was just trying to convey the idea of what quadras do in Socionics.

MBTI
    ENFP

socionics says I should get along best with ISTPs. I love ISTPs .
    And its analysis of ENTPs and ESTPs relationship with me is spot on.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

I red in one socionics book "whatever you know about MBTI you should forget before reading on Socionics"..

well... they certainly ask too much!

they're cocky!

MBTI
    xxxx

In my experience, I've observed that many people have developed both the introverted and extroverted form of one of their functions. (In Ps, usually their perceiving function; in Js, usually their judging function) The traditional ordering of functions for each type is more of a rough outline rather than an exact formula.

In short, the current relation between the Jungian cognitive functions(hereafter JCF) and MBTI is too sketchy. (This includes the shadow functions theory.) Even if we went about determining the opposite type by changing the ordering of the JCFs, the new ordering would still have something in common with the original ordering. Regardless of how they are reorganized, they still have something in common. In my opinion, the best "opposite" type is one with all of the letters inverted. (IE: The opposite of ISTJ would be ENFP.)
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    So what does this exactly mean? I mean I see you grouped them, but what about this? Just want to know what it means.
    This site actually describes it better, if you're curious:

Socionics :: Quadras

Mine was just to give an idea of what they do.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

We could still use the Quadra names and concepts for the corresponding MBTI groups (just keeping in mind the j/p switch for introverts), and I think that would be a good shorthand for differentiating the various cognitive preferences. You can also regroup them according to the individual process tandems, which is what I did here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...dem-names.html (though this was before I discovered the Socionics quadras). Each quadra is basically a combination of its two process tandems.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I don't meant to digress from this set of opposites.
    But what do people think of Keirsey opposites?

They would be the following

ENTP/ISTJ
    INTP/ESTJ
    ENFP/ISTP
    INFP/ESTP
    ENTJ/ISFJ
    INTJ/ESFJ
    ENFJ/ISFP
    INFJ/ESFP

Does this make sense from a behavioral perspective?
    For example, Keirsey argues that the ENTP (Inventor) would have the hardest time taking the role of an ISTJ (Inspector) and vice versa.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx