User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESxJ

Cool Are there many IJ's or EP's?

so Ive been thinking about this, and the J is a very extroverted trait whereas P is a very internal thing. Is this true? if so, there's probably very few IJ's and EP's right? meaning it goes against an I's nature to be a J and an E's nature to be a P.

what do you think?

MBTI
    xxxx

Hello, I'm an IJ. Pleased to meet you.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Quote Originally Posted by lukin4intellect View Post
    so Ive been thinking about this, and the J is a very extroverted trait whereas P is a very internal thing. Is this true? if so, there's probably very few IJ's and EP's right? meaning it goes against an I's nature to be a J and an E's nature to be a P.

what do you think?
    Did you ever heard for something call " Doing things in the background" ?Because that is exactly that IJs are doing most of the time.

Whle EPs are chaotic and all over the place.

I am sorry but your argument does not stand. I presume you didn't saw the arrangement of types in popualtion ?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

No, that's an oversimplification. The orientation of the judging process pointed externally and the perception process inwardly is true of Judgers, not everyone.

MBTI posits that one of your top two functions (a Judging process T/F and a Perceiving process N/S) will be used to govern your inner world and the other directed externally toward relating to others/objects outside the self.

So Js direct their T/F outwardly in the form of Te/Fe, and by process of elimination they direct perception inwardly using Si/Ni. This tends to give them an appearance of being outwardly organized, but they do have a non-judgmental side that considers different possibilities--it's just kept internally and doesn't see the light of day much. (This is why people who are dominant in the introverted process show characteristics of social introversion--people in the external world can't really witness or fully understand one's introverted processes.)

But Ps are just the opposite--we extrovert the perceptive process with Ne/Se and introvert the judging one with Ti/Fi. Thus we appear outwardly less organized than Js, but inside we are often much more rigid and unyielding.

Four simple steps, let's say you're ESFJ:

1) Middle two letters SF tell us your best two processes are forms of Sensing and Feeling.
    2) J at the end tells us you direct the Judging process externally, so we know you use Fe.
    3) By process of elimination your other best process much be Si.
    4) E at the beginning tells us the extroverted function gets more time than the introverted one, thus you tend to appear very Fe-dominant to others. Thus you are Fe dominant and Si auxiliary, or Fe+Si. (An ISFJ would use the same functions but give more weight to Si, making him Si+Fe. He still appears outwardly organized, but spends more time in quiet reflection on Si than ESFJ.)

On the less common occasions when you go into introverted reflection mode, you appear more Si-focused.

That's the theory anyway...up to you whether or not you buy it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by lukin4intellect View Post

what do you think?
    How is the J a very extraverted trait? Well, I guess you could say so since the IJ is consistently evaluating and structuring their environment around them. That doesn't mean they're more extraverted than the IPs. It's just that the IJs spend their time in the external world CHANGING the external world. The IP spends their time just experiencing and internalizing the external world.

Basically, to an IJ, their introverted process tells them what to do. Their extraverted judging process tells them how to go about doing it more or less. As an ISTJ, I "feel" more extraverted because Si litters my internal world with sensational impressions of the external world, keeping me attached to the external world. My Te points me outward in the form of judgment, giving me the philosophy that the outside world must be controlled. So, Si keeps me attached to the world and Te makes me constantly crave control of the external world. It makes an ISTJ think they're more extraverted than they really are.

It's different for IPs since they're not so actively engaged in the external world. I mean, how does Ji work? Are Ps really that rigid internally? I only pass judgment on my thoughts if it doesn't coincide with Te.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Hello, ESTP here, alive and well.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Funny thought hit me... EPs have more in common with each other than they have with others in their subgroups.

If you look at ESFP, ESTP, ENTP and ENFP they all seem to share common characteristics that define their very beings.

- Happy-go-lucky.
    - Inspiring, in the sense that they make people do stupid shit because it is funny.
    - Odd way of thinking, for sure.
    - Party animals?
    - ...Brief sexual relations?
    - ...Tremendously great sex? At least the ones I've been with.
    - Authority problems
    - Easily bored
    - Would rather go skydiving or bungeejumping than staying at home, even if they're lying on their death bed
    - Causes general chaos
    - Stirs up problems, just because it is fun to watch people go nuts

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Repartition of each type in the american population:

ISTJ= 11.6 %
    ISFJ= 13.8 %
    INFJ= 1.5%
    INTJ= 2.1%

IJ= 29%

ESTP= 4.3%
    ESFP= 8.5%
    ENFP= 8.1%
    ENTP= 3.2%

EP= 24.1%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes. ISJs are the most common, actually (INJs aren't, really). Our dominant function is actually Ni or Si, a perceiving function. We just use our J to interact with the outer world. If we get to a point that we're not interacting with the outer world much, our behavior becomes more P in an introverted way (like reading books, daydreaming, reminiscing, listening to music, or watching TV) except for the few "J" tasks we still perform outwardly.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

E and P are my two strongest traits. Scary stuff!