• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are there many IJ's or EP's?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Funny thought hit me... EPs have more in common with each other than they have with others in their subgroups.

If you look at ESFP, ESTP, ENTP and ENFP they all seem to share common characteristics that define their very beings.

- Happy-go-lucky.
- Inspiring, in the sense that they make people do stupid shit because it is funny.
- Odd way of thinking, for sure.
- Party animals?
- ...Brief sexual relations? :D
- ...Tremendously great sex? At least the ones I've been with.
- Authority problems
- Easily bored
- Would rather go skydiving or bungeejumping than staying at home, even if they're lying on their death bed
- Causes general chaos
- Stirs up problems, just because it is fun to watch people go nuts :smile:

Yes, this is because they're all dominant in an extroverted perceiving function.

So the common threads are obvious--but just so you know, if you think ENTP and ESFP have anything significant in common, it's because you're really an ESFP.

;)

This is so untrue on so many levels...

Yes, it's because Ns tend to interpret N-type intelligence as the only "real" intelligence, the only perceptive skill set really worth having. (Ss do the same thing for their own smarts, go figure.)

No not really.

The T/F gender distinction, perhaps surprisingly, actually does exist. Something like 70% of women are Fs and about 60% of men are Ts.

For reference, temperament distribution among genders--I've read estimates from most common to least common:

Male: SJ, SP, NT, NF

Female: SJ, NF, SP, NT

Overall average of both: SJ, SP, NF, NT

In any event, NFs are severely underrepresented among men, almost as severely as NTs are among women.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The T/F gender distinction, perhaps surprisingly, actually does exist. Something like 70% of women are Fs and about 60% of men are Ts.

Oh yeah definitely, that's the only dichotomy that is effected by gender. But what homme was saying was that F basically means more female and T basically means more male (behavior wise). Which is like WTF.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh yeah definitely, that's the only dichotomy that is effected by gender. But what homme was saying was that F basically means more female and T basically means more male (behavior wise). Which is like WTF.

Well, in a way it kind of does. I think you interpreted her N generalization in an S way on this one--she isn't saying that every single T person is more masculine and every single F person more feminine, but rather that due to the difference in statistics there's a general perception among most cultures that Thinking is more associated with men and Feeling with women.

On average!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, in a way it kind of does. I think you interpreted her N generalization in an S way on this one--she isn't saying that every single T person is more masculine and every single F person more feminine, but rather that due to the difference in statistics there's a general perception among most cultures that Thinking is more associated with men and Feeling with women.

On average!

Yep I sure did. I did that on purpose. :D I knew what the general message was, but it was just a bit too ignorant for me to not respond. But T is indeed associated with men and F with women. No questions asked there.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yep I sure did. I did that on purpose. :D I knew what the general message was, but it was just a bit too ignorant for me to not respond. But T is indeed associated with men and F with women. No questions asked there.

Willingly misinterpreting something doesn't make it ignorant.

You just didn't want to be called feminine.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Willingly misinterpreting something doesn't make it ignorant.

You just didn't want to be called feminine.

Not even what the point was. I willingly misinterpreted it because it was an over generalization that would offset someone if they believed it. That isn't too cool in my book.

F/T translates like female/male

My point was that this isn't true. Even if society associates F traits with women and T traits with men that doesn't make T's masculine and F's feminine. I'm not very feminine. That was my entire point.

Other than that you have your opinion and I have mine, and I'm not interested in this exchange anymore. Don't expect a response.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Not at all. In fact IJ's can be very introverted, and EP's are arguably the most extroverted types. And ISFJ is the LEADING type among females, ISTJ among males. Look at the stats which Speed Gavroche provided.

If you looked at them youd notice that he left out EJs and IPs, ESJs being the most common amoung all people:D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
If you looked at them youd notice that he left out EJs and IPs, ESJs being the most common amoung all people:D

Yeah, but the argument was that IJ's and EP's were rare, but based on the stats, IJ's and EP's together are more common (53%) than IP's and EJ's together (47%).

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
so you are wondering which types are the minorities. Well let's see, I/E, there are more extroverts. N/S there are way more sensors. T/F there are more feelers. J/P they say it's about 50/50. So the rarest of types would be... INT

however it's kind of odd that INFJ comes out as the rarest but it might have to do with social conditioning, the female INTJ seems rarest and male INFJ rarest but these types are exhibiting stereotypical behaviors of the opposite gender which are not readily accepted socially, so they might be hiding under a mask.

Estimated Frequencies of Types - CAPT.org
this graph estimates frequency of types in the united states.

except this one says E/I is about 50/50.

G

garbage

so you are wondering which types are the minorities. Well let's see, I/E, there are more extroverts. N/S there are way more sensors. T/F there are more feelers. J/P they say it's about 50/50. So the rarest of types would be... INT

It doesn't follow that the combination of the rarest of each dichotomy would necessarily tell us the rarest types. I think the former is actually determined by the distribution of the latter, since it's a collection of the results for those who've taken the test and received their result.