User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: P's advantages?

Default P's advantages?

...what do you think is there any advantage in being a P, ... except being more fun, spontaneous, easy-going and open-minded (I know those are real advantages but EXCEPT that!)... because when it comes to keeping job, not living in complete mess and clutter, have ANY plan and stick to it- it sounds like Js have much more advantages, and those are important stuff in todays world.
    I know P can achieve much if is interested, but what about stuff we don't like so much but they are still a must.
    The fact that I'm an ENFP and I dislike routine, any authority, any rules, social norms and so, doesn't stop the whole world functioning as it is so I still have to do it.
    Is P sometimes (when strong) pure unresposibility in a bad way, lack of maturity?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

With regards to functionality within society, Perceivers do not appear to have any distinct advantages, in contrast to Judgers.

However, outside of society, the Perceiver does have one significant advantage: adaptability. If a certain situation requires the individual to adapt spontaneously as needed, the Perceiver will probably outperform the Judger.
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

Time saving ability, tasks build up and can be completed all at once

Even mess built up is faster to clean rather than the "clean as you go" attitude that Js have in a lot of cases

Personally I see this the exact opposite, I've never seen the advantage of being J

Js always seem to have weird priorities to me... for example... at my old work my primary focus was the customer but some of the J managers question why you are doing something a certain way or "the way its not meant to be done", I'm being human not a drone of the system, I'm improvising, I'm helping the customer so that they aren't going to be angry

A J every now and then will tap into their P and improvise when things aren't going quite "as planned" (cause thats what Js hope... that things go to plan) but improvising doesn't come naturally to them this is where P shines the most

Being fun and easy going is just a bonus, we can be just as productive too

However good luck convincing anyone so... J dominates P in the world... I'm not sure if thats cause there are more Js or they are just better at getting people to do things their way but thats how it is

MBTI
    TNT

I'm a J and I don't have any trouble improvising when things aren't going as planned. I'm actually great in that department. I had moments in high school when I was looking at my notebook like I was reading but actually I was making up my homework as I go. That never worked in math though, I'm not that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    I'm a J and I don't have any trouble improvising when things aren't going as planned. I'm actually great in that department. I had moments in high school when I was looking at my notebook like I was reading but actually I was making up my homework as I go. That never worked in math though, I'm not that smart.
    NJs have much less trouble with improvising, in fact being intuitive they can become quite good at it, still no match for a P in that department though :P sorry haha

garbage

I dunno.. being able to relate pretty much anything to pretty much anything else makes people think that you're just some sort of superhuman productivity machine and a psychic. Noting similarities between new problems and ones you've faced before means that you've "almost" already dealt with many problems that you've never even seen before.

If following through isn't a problem, then you're a powerhouse.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    ...what do you think is there any advantage in being a P, ... except being more fun, spontaneous, easy-going and open-minded (I know those are real advantages but EXCEPT that!)... because when it comes to keeping job, not living in complete mess and clutter, have ANY plan and stick to it- it sounds like Js have much more advantages, and those are important stuff in todays world.
    I know P can achieve much if is interested, but what about stuff we don't like so much but they are still a must.
    The fact that I'm an ENFP and I dislike routine, any authority, any rules, social norms and so, doesn't stop the whole world functioning as it is so I still have to do it.
    Is P sometimes (when strong) pure unresposibility in a bad way, lack of maturity?
    1. The only advantage to being a P is adaptability. It's why I do some things that my ISTJ brother won't.
    2. J's have huge advantages, because the world likes decisive.
    3. Strong P is seen as immaturity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Ps are much more creative than Js, they can come up with innovative solutions to problems that a J could never comprehend, combined with flexibility when making decisions and a greater ability to improvise under strenuous circumstances, Ps are definitely worthy adversaries to their J counterparts.

One thing I noted in a movie called Underworld 3: Rise of the Lycans, was that the head of the vampires, an ESTJ, was very efficient at his job, and ruled in a classy iron fist style. However, when his daughter betrayed him, his supreme Te forces lead him to kill her, and afterward he cried his little vampiric eyes out. If he was more of a P, he may have changed those deeply set rules and saved his daughter. Here we see that J can be a terrible thing to have, do you really want to be that dull ESTJ leader who sacrifices their happiness for stupid rules? Js have weaknesses, you just have to find them
    5 3 9

MBTI
    I

I've personally noticed how useful it is to be a J in the working world, especially a J with high Te. I would think P's are more fit for casual life, the adaptability of daily situations if they're different. And P's are not as rigid so that could help in the workplace. It does depend on the work but overall, J's have a much bigger advantage in school and the working world, no question about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I've personally noticed how useful it is to be a J in the working world, especially a J with high Te. I would think P's are more fit for casual life, the adaptability of daily situations if they're different. And P's are not as rigid so that could help in the workplace. It does depend on the work but overall, J's have a much bigger advantage in school and the working world, no question about it.
    The general corporate working world yes? there's more than just one face on this dice. Ps are probably much better suited to creative pursuits, becoming rockstars and famous artists. Extroverts also tend to have more trouble with schooling, I know an ISTP that is very capable of doing schoolwork, INTPs are the same, they can all get things done because of their supreme cleverness . From what I gather you, Chloeeeee, being an ENFP, are finding it hard to be disciplined enough to work through your university course. Think of what you are trying to achieve by going through university, if you can keep that in mind, you'll probably find enough motivation to finish. There are plenty of benefits involved with being an ENFP, as there are for any type, you're just going to have to focus more on your weakness
    5 3 9