Thread: P's advantages?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kar View Post
    P's are usually more creative than J's. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a P who invented fire or the wheel or some other things that became very important for our development. And I think it could have be a P who was the first who said: "Dude, I'm getting tired of sitting up here all the time, let's go down and see what we can find there!"
    Such a broad generalization; NJs are plenty creative. Inventiveness has to do with N(e), not perceiving.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Such a broad generalization; NJs are plenty creative. Inventiveness has to do with N(e), not perceiving.
    It's not exactly a broad generalization when terms such as "wouldn't be surprised" and "could have" are used.

You're gonna have some S's in here debating that they can be inventive and creative, too (and rightly so). And then what?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    It's not exactly a broad generalization when terms such as "wouldn't be surprised" and "could have" are used.
    Whoops, got lazy there and didn't parse the paragraph. I was addressing only this sentence:

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kar View Post
    P's are usually more creative than J's
    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    You're gonna have some S's in here debating that they can be inventive and creative, too (and rightly so). And then what?
    Then I'll tell them to look at their function order and see that everyone uses intuition.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    blah blah blah
    So, you're willing to say that as a J, you're not dependent on your plans? If your entire plan fails, you don't have to completely redo your approach? That's what I meant by crumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    So, you're willing to say that as a J, you're not dependent on your plans? If your entire plan fails, you don't have to completely redo your approach? That's what I meant by crumbling.
    In that case I will have to start all over again of course. I have just wanted to show you why I am not particulary bothered by this. Nothing more.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    In that case I will have to start all over again of course. I have just wanted to show you why I am not particulary bothered by this. Nothing more.
    It more of depends on the plan and what it was affecting. If a plan fails, I'm more of hurt by the time needed to be spent to redo it and time lost on the old plan. I guess I'm just not ´ntuitive enough to see that a failed plan and time spent on a new plan can still be considered part of another bigger plan.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    It more of depends on the plan and what it was affecting. If a plan fails, I'm more of hurt by the time needed to be spent to redo it and time lost on the old plan. I guess I'm just not ´ntuitive enough to see that a failed plan and time spent on a new plan can still be considered part of another bigger plan.
    Being annoyed like that is perfectly normal thing.
    The entire N thing actually comes down to how good you are in manipulating scenarios, outcomes and facts when they don't fits you.

In my vocabulary you don't have a problem as long as you are not going from unsuccess to unsuccess. In that case you trully have a problem.

Over the years I have developed a standard about when something can be considered unsuccessful and when that is not the case. Which measures how much adjusting I will have to do to repair the damadge and how much flexibility I have.

I don't know about US but over here there is a saying that say : Mistakes are roots of wisdom. So what can look as a failed attempt can be considered as an interesing learning experiances. Even if the entire thing was a "complete waste of time"

Or course this greatly dependes what you are doing for a living. If you are into business (or something similar) then failed ideas can have a extremly high cost.

However if you are into science then you can allow yourself more unconventional approach.
    I would even dare to say that my field is especially vague. But even here things can have a extremly high cost (in litteral sense) however no one expects you to get it right from the first try.

Since most of things you do, you do on asumptions and oversimplifications.
    Facts is somthing you don't have most of the time. Which is because you are the one that is looking for facts.
    As one of my proffesors said " When you get to the exam your job will be to find logical solution not correct solution".

I am sorry if I sound like a smartass since that is not my intention.