User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: P's advantages?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

We Js need the Ps to leech their free-spiritedness off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    My opinion is that N changes a nature of J quite a bit. What means that your J is much less rigid/concrete then J of SJs. Which is simply because we percive informations differently. Plus STJs have T to protec tjem a little.

While SFJs don't have any protection. On the other hand Fe probably creates more drama then there actually is in their heads.
    Yeah, it kind of sucks.

MBTI
    ISFP

Being a P is a lot easier than it used to be. The world is changing fast, fast, fast, and we're very quick on our feet. Change management is one of those business buzzwords, but there is truth in it too. We're good at moving in new directions, multitasking, adaptability, and brainstorming/creativity. It could be that the whole SJ-dominated world came and went with the post war dream!

Most of the time, you never get closure, especially at work. That's upsetting to J's. Issues get bumped by crises, and by the time you have time, the whole background has changed. We're built to iterate, and we'll be 2000 places at once, solving problems and getting stuff done before the Js have their business plans finished. Now what was that about process again?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Time saving ability, tasks build up and can be completed all at once

Even mess built up is faster to clean rather than the "clean as you go" attitude that Js have in a lot of cases
    Agreed, depending on the task. Laundry = lay it out as it is dry, fold it in one big session later, put it away some other time, etc. Dishes = clean it as you use it. It all depends on the task, but menial shit shouldn't be micro-managed.

Being fun and easy going is just a bonus, we can be just as productive too
    Most Js are jealous of our ability to be be productive AND fun, in my own real world experiences. Some of them, not many, but some love us for it. They are usually not decisionmakers though.

However good luck convincing anyone so... J dominates P in the world... I'm not sure if thats cause there are more Js or they are just better at getting people to do things their way but thats how it is
    Kind of like the US theory in building tanks (each tank will be world class in design and capability) Vs. the Russian theory of building tanks (each tank will be good enough to move well and shoot well, but be inexpensive and quick to produce). At some point in time QUANTITY (J's) will overcome QUALITY (P's) but that doesn't mean its better.

It's all about being able to make things happen. I don't care how you do it, or what your type is, if you can do it when you need to then life is a peach.

MBTI
    ENFP

They have the disadvantage in areas of achievement, but perhaps the advantage in the free way life is experienced in general.

Edit: What I was aiming at is that J's may have a more stressed existence. It wouldn't surprise me, but I do not know.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Edit: What I was aiming at is that J's may have a more stressed existence. It wouldn't surprise me, but I do not know.

I think this is completly individual.

For example I am quite strong J but I am the most calm person around all the time in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I think this is completly individual.

For example I am quite strong J but I am the most calm person around all the time in real life.
    Sure, you're the best

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    ...what do you think is there any advantage in being a P, ... except being more fun, spontaneous, easy-going and open-minded (I know those are real advantages but EXCEPT that!)... because when it comes to keeping job, not living in complete mess and clutter, have ANY plan and stick to it- it sounds like Js have much more advantages, and those are important stuff in todays world.
    I know P can achieve much if is interested, but what about stuff we don't like so much but they are still a must.
    The fact that I'm an ENFP and I dislike routine, any authority, any rules, social norms and so, doesn't stop the whole world functioning as it is so I still have to do it.
    Is P sometimes (when strong) pure unresposibility in a bad way, lack of maturity?
    No advantage.
    Advantage is not a P word.

How can a P survive in a J world?
    By being a P.

It is not only you who is underhanded.

MBTI
    LoLz

In regards to the NJ thing, Amargith had to drill it in my head that NJs just make more....general plans. That's why they seem to be more adaptive. They still crumble when their plans crumble, though. I just make detailed plans, and they make general plans. We go about it in different ways and the world needs both of us.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    In regards to the NJ thing, Amargith had to drill it in my head that NJs just make more....general plans. That's why they seem to be more adaptive. They still crumble when their plans crumble, though. I just make detailed plans, and they make general plans.
    Define crumble

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Define crumble
    I would take it to mean 'fall to pieces'... not that my definition matters
    5 3 9