User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: P's advantages?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

So Chloee is talking mostly about the workplace.

I was going to say again that "thinking on your feet" is a really valuable ability. My trouble with it is hitting me hard as I'm looking for jobs now...they would value such skills.

But the NJs want to claim that skill also, so I guess NJs have the best of both worlds.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Morel ike J OR DIE!
    But that didn't rhyme.
    http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/EnglerMeister/hehh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    so I guess NJs have the best of both worlds.
    Probably, ENTJs seem to me the best type to succeed without being different than they naturaly are.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    My opinion is that N changes a nature of J quite a bit. What means that your J is much less rigid/concrete then J of SJs. Which is simply because we percive informations differently. Plus STJs have T to protec tjem a little.

While SFJs don't have any protection. On the other hand Fe probably creates more drama then there actually is in their heads.
    Agreed with this

I was going to say again that "thinking on your feet" is a really valuable ability. My trouble with it is hitting me hard as I'm looking for jobs now...they would value such skills.

But the NJs want to claim that skill also, so I guess NJs have the best of both worlds.
    NJs and SPs do

Having the 'best of both worlds' can sometimes be too much though

I agree about the NJ part.
    Since modern society favours organization and complexity. (which are our territories). But we are most likely group to come as closed minded jerks that are treating people like pawns. (generally speaking)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

P's... Advantages..

Gee, that depends entirely on the situation. The career choice and the life style..
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Are you sure you're an N???
    Unfortunately, yes

lol. maybe i'll open whining thread for every letter

I've read somewhere that NFs really need to feel that their work will be helping people, and that it is not all just pointless jargon and procedure, perhaps if you keep that in mind you will devote yourself more towards your cause?
    Lol, I'm not that into helping people either. Psssst, don't tell NFs, they'll maybe expell me from NF club (nah, not really they are too into people! ).

well, not into helping people but def in being in touch with them. Ah.. nvm, don't want to turn this thread into personal "tell me what to do for living "

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I've run into this wall several times during my careers. I do great with creative or non-repetitive aspects of a job ... but repetition gets to me and wears me down, especially when it is a mundane type of task. Fortunately, I've found a career in software engineering that offers a pretty diverse set of problems to be solved ... and I can automate much of the repetition. Still, the J does come in very handy and I'm glad I cultivated some J skills in the military. They don't come naturally, but they are very helpful nonetheless. For the really mundane tasks however, I have ritalin.
    Yeah, in fact, I prefer the more repetitive, mundane tasks, I thrive more on them. As long as I know what I'm doing and I can do it well and I'm getting some kind of reward, then I don't give a hoot if it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    NJs and SPs do
    No, NJs have the advantages Cimarron mentioned (that SPs don't have).

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Are you sure you're an N??? lol, alright, P traits have some negative qualities (lazyness is not one of them), but being Perceptive is not all that big a deal. It seems like you think that it is unfair to be handed a P instead of a J. You know, lemons---> lemonade. The more you wallow in your problem, the less it will go away, you just have to apply yourself 100%.
    Seriously. The whole "lemons to lemonade" thing is supposed to be a major (N)P strength, too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    ...what do you think is there any advantage in being a P, ... except being more fun, spontaneous, easy-going and open-minded (I know those are real advantages but EXCEPT that!)... because when it comes to keeping job, not living in complete mess and clutter, have ANY plan and stick to it- it sounds like Js have much more advantages, and those are important stuff in todays world.
    I know P can achieve much if is interested, but what about stuff we don't like so much but they are still a must.
    The fact that I'm an ENFP and I dislike routine, any authority, any rules, social norms and so, doesn't stop the whole world functioning as it is so I still have to do it.
    Is P sometimes (when strong) pure unresposibility in a bad way, lack of maturity?

I don't think it has anything to do with lack of maturity. It's just a different style of thinking and we have different gifts.

"Today's world" is overrated. It's too acheivement-based. There's more to life than just setting goals and making A's. J's need P's to balance that type of mentality. I think that's important, you know, balance.

I also second the person who mentioned childcare. I think that P's probably work better with accomodating a child's natural creativity and need to explore. J's can be too rigid and overstructure their children's time. I'm not saying that they all do that, because of course they don't, but do you see where I am going with this?