User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: P's advantages?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The advantage of P's that we live in the moment. Situations that constantly evolving, require improvisation, or require situational responses to are where we excel. A certified MBTI evaluator, or whatever you call that, put it this way "P's excel in crises!" J's tend to have plans, and often don't deal well with those plans going off whack. That doesn't bother us! Also, think like childcare where you have to follow your children wherever the go/do, and respond appropriately as needed. Also think response personnel, for example EMT's. Also, being in the experience of what your doing, think actor or a person on a stage, or a comedian. To an extent, things where you need to deal with people, maybe not receptionist per se, but how about medical attendant, or someone that uses medical equipment. "Bob Jones need a CAT scan, NOW" kinda stuff.

Outside of work, think people people enjoy being around. I read, in one of the Kroeger and Thusen books I believe, that if you wanna have a party, invite as many E, F, and P's as you can!

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Engler View Post
    While such situations will (and do) inevitably arise, can you not also agree that, as the ability to predict events before they occur increases, the amount of situations in which immediate adaptability is necessary decreases?
    Definitely. But then stuff like this always arises unexpectedly:

Of course, as an added note, as we come to rely more and more upon technology, a technological crash becomes all the more devastating. In the event of such a crash, it is true that only those capable of adaptation would survive.
    It's human nature. It's not bound to change anytime soon.

So, I completely agree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Where are people getting this idea that Js break down when something happens that wasn't part of their plan? That's when I do my best thinking.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Where are people getting this idea that Js break down when something happens that wasn't part of their plan? That's when I do my best thinking.

I work really well under pressure [more often than not].
    Any planning I make is 'tentative,' generally. I know things can't go 100% according to how it's been mapped out in my weird head. What planning I have done, concretely or just in thought alone helps me feel prepared for the things I was unable to forsee. If that makes sense.

Perhaps it's got to do with how far you might be on the "J" end of the spectrum as well. I tend to test about 75% J. I think that 25% flexibility, so to speak, may keep me from being a more 'rigid' sort of J.

Honestly, the only J-types I've found to panic, and seem slowest to recover/resolve whatever unforseeable issues there are at hand, are xSFJ types. It seems like all you can do is let them panic and try to maintain some sense of damage control.. until they resolve it on their own to some extent. Even if the problem can be fixed in a few simple moves, sometimes you just have to let them freak out anyway. :rolli:
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

I work really well under pressure [more often than not].
    Any planning I make is 'tentative,' generally. I know things can't go 100% according to how it's been mapped out in my weird head. What planning I have done, concretely or just in thought alone helps me feel prepared for the things I was unable to forsee. If that makes sense.

Perhaps it's got to do with how far you might be on the "J" end of the spectrum as well. I tend to test about 75% J. I think that 25% flexibility, so to speak, may keep me from being a more 'rigid' sort of J.

Honestly, the only J-types I've found to panic, and seem slowest to recover/resolve whatever unforseeable issues there are at hand, are xSFJ types. It seems like all you can do is let them panic and try to maintain some sense of damage control.. until they resolve it on their own to some extent. Even if the problem can be fixed in a few simple moves, sometimes you just have to let them freak out anyway. :rolli:
    My opinion is that N changes a nature of J quite a bit. What means that your J is much less rigid/concrete then J of SJs. Which is simply because we percive informations differently. Plus STJs have T to protec tjem a little.

While SFJs don't have any protection. On the other hand Fe probably creates more drama then there actually is in their heads.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    My theory is that N changes a nature of J quite a bit.
    I was just about to give a reply of this nature. N corrodes J. I'm actually at the high end of J (around 80 percent), but even higher in N. I don't make many external plans anyway, it's all mental. The main way I experience my J is regarding closure on issues. However, even then I think "but then there's this..."

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I was just about to give a reply of this nature. N corrodes J. I'm actually at the high end of J (around 80 percent), but even higher in N. I don't make much external plans anyway, it's all mental. The main way I experience my J is regarding closure on issues.
    I'm usually around 90 on Ni.
    As I said, I'm quite general on external plans.
    Closure is HUGE for me.
    I think some of the 'mental' planning that INFJs tend to make.. and often not overtly share with others, may make us seem random/illogical at times, or that we're doing someting 'out-of-character.' It's difficult for me to explain this to my more surprised/concerned friends sometimes..

My ISFJ mom.. & an ISFJ friend of mine have the tendency to make detailed 'itineraries' for whatever plans they make. Even simple plans to rent a movie can become this incredibly detailed undertaking. And they ENJOY it.

It's kinda cute. I guess.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

garbage

Where are people getting this idea that Js break down when something happens that wasn't part of their plan?
    From the same place that the idea that a P can't plan comes from.. the world of stereotypes.

That is, the world that we're usually talking about on this forum.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I'm usually around 90 on Ni.
    Ditto. Do I have another think-a-like on this forum...?

My ISFJ mom.. & an ISFJ friend of mine have the tendency to make detailed 'itineraries' for whatever plans they make. Even simple plans to rent a movie can become this incredibly detailed undertaking. And they ENJOY it.

It's kinda cute. I guess.
    Yeah, I somewhat wish I could be more organized. I'm good with details, but I'd probably forget or lose an itinerary if I were to make one

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

suppose being perceptive I can see different perspectives without assigning value to them, if that's a good quality then sure.

I get to be aware of all my flaws, at least in that way perception gives me an awareness to understand whats happening with different viewpoints towards empathy of a situation.