User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I don't trust anything a lot more than anything else. I look at everything critically. But I do enjoy theories.

I'm very silly.

I'm great at chess.

I'm very open about my ideas (less on the internet than in real life, because it can often feel like a waste of my time online)

Social varies.

Sure, why not?

I try to be precise, but not INTP precise. I don't care if others aren't.

I'm diplomatic, but not ENFP diplomatic (some people aren't worth an attempt at diplomacy).

And I often talk psychologically, but the reasons don't seem to be the ENFP reasons.

Yeh, it was all generalisations from ones I know. ENTPs definitely have the capacity to be amazing at chess (or anything) for example. I'd just found ENFPs were more often into it and good at it.

The trusting books and theories was by comparison to ENFP. We tend to like some form of empirical evidence to support anything we are going to believe. So only really get half way to being true academics.

Another thing I've noticed in ENTPs I know is they are very quick when it comes to understanding people and motivations. The only difference I see in this area is we focus on different parts. Some people situations they can sum up far more clearly, because as impartial as we try to be, we play too close to the fire.

Yep, you guys are very different to INTPs. I feel you are more accurate in the technical sense than we are though when speed thinking. With ENFPs you need to do an error check on the first draft, because you get strange artefacts appearing from whatever whacked out approach we decided to use. IRL I get corrected by INTPs on being precise all the time. The ENTPs I know hardly ever do. They seem more interested in exploring ideas.

On the diplomatic part, we are too diplomatic. I'm trying to grow out of it as I get older.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

An ENFP can be very sensitive and easily discouraged by other people.
    Absolutely, especially by those we care about.

An ENFP needs to be in contact with people and influence them in a positive way.
    As an ENTP I like people but mostly I just want to study them to figure out the human condition
    All of the above is true for me.

An ENFP could freely offer both sympathy and empathy but would find sympathy easier.
    As an ENTP I'm uncomfortable with sympathy but can offer empathy.

Hell no, I don't do sympathy that well at all.

If I feel your pain, I feel it, if I don't, I don't and I won't feign that I do.

An ENFP would be more excited about meeting new people.
    As an ENTP Im more excited about new ideas.
    Both are true.

An ENFP wants to feel loved and supported.
    Who doesn't?

As an ENTP I want to feel respected and admired.
    Ew, on being admired, but who doesn't want to be respected?

An ENFP sees things as right vs wrong and ethical vs unethical.
    As an ENTP I see things as correct vs incorrect and logical vs illogical.
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

An ENFP can be quite expressive.

An ENFP is more likely to adapt their emotional expressions to those theyre interacting with.
    Sure. I think this is subconscious.

An ENFP likes to resonate with what someone else is saying and is more likely to argue using persuasion.
    Sure.

As an ENTP debating is sport and I have no problems switching sides, Im more likely use facts.
    I switch sides to better understand the other, but I always stick to arguing what's right.

An ENFP would have strong ethics.
    My moral compass is damn near unwavering.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Agree with above .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ENTPs are harder workers

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yeh, it was all generalisations from ones I know. ENTPs definitely have the capacity to be amazing at chess (or anything) for example. I'd just found ENFPs were more often into it and good at it.
    I love strategy games but not for the game itself but the challenge and head games the other person can give me. Normally when I play strategy type games I kick anyone's butt who takes me on so they're not that interesting for me, I tend to find them boring after a short amount of time and let them win so the game is over, the one exception is an ENTP friend, never has there been a more intense standoff over a chess board, I'm not used to playing someone who is so clearly playing more than 3 moves in advance. If I could get that more often I might like it, till then you ENFPs can have chess.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    As an ENTP its damn near impossible to offend, upset or discourage me.
    I'm more ENTP there. It's not impossible, but it's very difficult to rattle me.

An ENFP needs to be in contact with people and influence them in a positive way.
    As an ENTP I like people but mostly I just want to study them to figure out the human condition.
    Definitely more ENFP there. I love influencing people (not necessarily in a positive way ), and being the center of attention.

An ENFP could freely offer both sympathy and empathy but would find sympathy easier.
    More ENFP here as well.

As an ENTP I'm more excited about new ideas.
    I'm excited about meeting interesting new people, and I'm more excited about ideas when I can share them but I still get excited about them. Toss-up, really.

As an ENTP I want to feel respected and admired.
    I want both, more or less equally. Lean a tad bit towards admiration though.

I see both, although in many cases I don't care so much for the ethical side of things, and I often analyze ethical perspectives in a very dispassionate manner.

As an ENTP I can be less expressive.
    Whether I'm expressive or not generally depends on the situation, my mood, etc. Can't really answer this one properly.

An ENFP is more likely to adapt their emotional expressions to those they're interacting with.
    As an ENTP I'm more likely to mirror emotional expressions.
    More F there.

An ENFP likes to resonate with what someone else is saying and is more likely to argue using persuasion.
    As an ENTP debating is sport and I have no problems switching sides, I'm more likely use facts.
    I generally argue through a combination of facts, persuasion and pointing out logical flaws in my opponent's proposition (mostly the latter). I use all four of my cognitive functions while debating.

As an ENTP many of mine are bendable.
    I'm very T on ethics. I am a thoroughly corrupt individual.

... then I got bored, we both do that.
    Yes we do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Moderate
    Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

As an ENTP I like people but mostly I just want to study them to figure out the human condition.

As an ENTP I�m more excited about new ideas.

As an ENTP I want to feel respected and admired

As an ENTP I can be less expressive.

An ENFP is more likely to adapt their emotional expressions to those they�re interacting with.
    As an ENTP I'm more likely to mirror emotional expressions.

As an ENTP debating is sport and I have no problems switching sides, Im more likely use facts.

I know there's an ENTP vs ENFP thread floating around but it seems the fluff vs content ratio is about 17:1, I'm all for fluff but old fluff is boring, so y'all get a new thread.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

false for me:
    An ENFP would be more excited about meeting new people. / As an ENTP I'm more excited about new ideas.
    • i think i'm usually more excited about new ideas. i love new people but they come along with anxieties too. an idea can't reject me...

An ENFP wants to feel loved and supported./As an ENTP I want to feel respected and admired.
    • well, preferably, i'd like both.
      feeling loved and supported is very important by someone I respect and admire.

MBTI
    ENTP

True for me:
    As an ENTP I�m more excited about new ideas.
    As an ENTP I want to feel respected and admired. (But I also want to be loved and supported)
    As an ENTP I see things as correct vs incorrect and logical vs illogical. ( Not very fond of ethics and morals, these 2 words always kinda pissed me off)
    As an ENTP I�m more likely to mirror emotional expressions.
    As an ENTP debating is sport and I have no problems switching sides, I�m more likely use facts.

What I do not get is the following sentence:

I can get upset, discouraged.
    I am discouraged when people do not believe in my ideas, or in me in general.
    I don't really get offended by stuff.
    But in the end I get bored. And I stop writing.

Notice how there's an "I" in all the sentences lol, with one exception, where I used "me". Weird how self centered I am.