User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

An ENFP needs to be in contact with people and influence them in a positive way.
    As an ENTP I like people but mostly I just want to study them to figure out the human condition.

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe
    This above sounds more like the INFP - healer types than ENFPs. For us, people, their behaviors, their attitudes are really just fascinating and data points towards understanding the human condition as well. I think ENFPs and ENTPs are likely more interested in different aspects of the human condition. ENTP concerns seem to be focused on pragmatic concerns like how to reduce the incidence of crime, illnesses, other ills that plague humanity. As ENFPs, we may be more concerned with the internal functioning of humans and what can be done to help people lead more satisfying lives. More conjecture?
    Hmm, Iím concerned with internal functioning as well but maybe a point of difference is an ENFP wants to understand so they can help people while an ENTP wants to understand just for the knowledge?

Like Qre:us said, people are just one part of the observable world.

An ENFP would find it easy to offer sympathy.
    As an ENTP I'm capable of empathy, not sympathy.

I wonder if you have them confused here or maybe I do? Sympathy is feeling bad for someone else's misfortune whereas empathy is being able to put yourself in their shoes and feel their misfortune.

Fi seems more related to empathy and Fe to sympathy since Fi means internalizing the pain to really understand it from the person's perspective.

Do ENTPs find it easy to put themselves in other people's shoes and feel what the other person is feeling?

At my end, I find sympathy easier and empathy harder but I'm not sure how that plays into the broader differences and my own struggle with ENXPness.
    Actually, no, I agree with the definitions. I know it sounds back-the-front.

Where Iím coming from is personally I find sympathy pretty fake, itís like comforting someone because itís the socially acceptable thing to do and itís not me, if I can understand their pain by putting myself in their shoes Iím capable of empathising. Still doesnít mean I will but the likelihood is considerably higher.

I see an ENFP as more likely to be able to put their arm around a shoulder to comfort for the sake of comfort and therefore capable of both empathy and sympathy. Prolly should have listed both in the OP.

An ENFP could freely offer both sympathy and empathy but would find sympathy easier.
    An ENTP may be uncomfortable with sympathy but may offer empathy.
    ?

An ENFP sees things as right vs wrong and ethical vs unethical.
    As an ENTP I see things as correct vs incorrect and logical vs illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith
    Weeeeelll.... I personally see everything in shades of grey, except for a small inner core, which is very black and white, yes.

Question: what's your method of determining correct vs incorrect, coz that in its own way is very black and white too.
    What Qre:us said v

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us
    It's not about black and white, I don't think (and who is more or less so), but, that age-old tug of war regarding objectivity and subjectivity. Right or wrong versus correct or incorrect.

Kinda like moral versus legal. Something can be illegal but moral. Something can be legal but may be immoral. Depends on subjectivity (and a sway from the 'moral' position). But, legal is either correct or not. It is either the law or it isn't. Objectivity. I think that's what Trin was meaning?

An ENFP is more likely to adapt their emotional expressions to those theyíre interacting with.
    As an ENTP Iím more likely to mirror emotional expressions.

What is the difference here? Is mirroring not adapting?
    I think mirroring hints at a personal detachment while adapting infers that one morphs, shifts their personal compass in order to get the depth of understanding of another's emotions. ENTPs the former, while ENFPs the latter (?).
    @erg, I guess the difference Iíd suggest is adapting is more authentic, like Qre:us said mirroring suggests detachment.

An ENFP likes to resonate with what someone else is saying and is more likely to argue using persuasion.
    As an ENTP debating is sport and I have no problems switching sides, Iím more likely use facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith
    I have no problem seeing both sides of the argument either. But it is easier for me when I'm not a 'contestant' as such, but the mediator. I can see where both sides are coming from and why they would the way they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime
    I'd say this can vacillate. An ENTP may not want to persuade when it's a question of factual issues, but I do think that it's a sign of maturity, particularly in the Fe, when one modifies their debate technique to add more persuasive elements. Of course, this can be very dangerous.
    Agree onemoretime.

And yup Amar, the idea is ENFPs want to resonate with what others are saying and see both sides of the argument.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

An ENFP can be very sensitive and easily discouraged by other people.
    As an ENTP its damn near impossible to offend, upset or discourage me.
    It depends on the individual. With most people, I don't give a flying crap unless the individual is close to me, then it hurts. But just HOW MUCH depends on how close they are to me and how bad the statement/injury/ action was.

An ENFP needs to be in contact with people and influence them in a positive way.
    As an ENTP I like people but mostly I just want to study them to figure out the human condition.
    I like both.

An ENFP would find it easy to offer sympathy.
    As an ENTP I'm capable of empathy, not sympathy.
    I do both.

An ENFP would be more excited about meeting new people.
    As an ENTP Iím more excited about new ideas.
    As a teacher, I am excited about meeting new people.
    In my free time, I'm more excited about new ideas.

An ENFP wants to feel loved and supported.
    As an ENTP I want to feel respected and admired.
    I would like to have all four things.

Again, I do both.

An ENFP can be quite expressive.
    As an ENTP I can be less expressive.
    My level of expressiveness depends entirely upon the a) people, b) subject matter, and c) knowledge about the subject. If I feel an affinity with people, discuss a matter which is of great importance and passion, and know a great deal, I will be extremely expressive. Otherwise, I will be more likely to listen, learn, observe, and be more distanced.

An ENFP is more likely to adapt their emotional expressions to those theyíre interacting with.
    I do both.

An ENFP likes to resonate with what someone else is saying and is more likely to argue using persuasion.
    As an ENTP debating is sport and I have no problems switching sides, Iím more likely use facts.
    With moral/philosophical/value arguments and things that matter to me, ENFP.

With economic, political, and social matters, more ENTP.

An ENFP would have strong ethics.
    As an ENTP many of mine are bendable.
    Strong ethics, granted.

... then I got bored, we both do that.
    YUP!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

An ENFP could freely offer both sympathy and empathy but would find sympathy easier.
    As an ENTP I'm uncomfortable with sympathy but can offer empathy.

These seem the same to me...?

I bolded the ones that I think apply to me. Some of them were a gray area, such as having strong ethics or needing to influence people positively. I mostly just want to not be an ass to people, and have friends who I can give enjoyment to as well as take enjoyment from.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I posted this elsewhere and would like input from ENFPs and ENTPs cause it's all conjecture.

What would you say are the differences between you and the other type? What do you/donít you relate from the points below? What other consistent points of difference do you see.

As an ENTP I'm uncomfortable with sympathy but can offer empathy.

According to this list I could be almost as much ENTP than ENFP.
    Excelpt for arguing and the RESPECT ME part, I'm equally interested in new ideas and new people. The best possbile situation is when I meet a new person with lots of new ideas!

What's the difference between adapting emotional expressions to those theyíre interacting with and mirroring emotional expressions? I see the adapting emotional expressions as mirroring other persons emotions too.

One addition:
    ENFP's use more smilies than ENTPs. True?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    According to this list I could be almost as much ENTP than ENFP.
    Excelpt for arguing and the RESPECT ME part, I'm equally interested in new ideas and new people. The best possbile situation is when I meet a new person with lots of new ideas!

What's the difference between adapting emotional expressions to those theyíre interacting with and mirroring emotional expressions? I see the adapting emotional expressions as mirroring other persons emotions too.

One addition:
    ENFP's use more smilies than ENTPs. True?
    Iunno, as I'm not ENFP I'd say there's a good chance those ones aren't spot on, hence why I want feedback.

And the mirroring/adapting is like this;

I think mirroring hints at a personal detachment while adapting infers that one morphs, shifts their personal compass in order to get the depth of understanding of another's emotions. ENTPs the former, while ENFPs the latter.
    As for emoticons... erm

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I think mirroring hints at a personal detachment while adapting infers that one morphs, shifts their personal compass in order to get the depth of understanding of another's emotions. ENTPs the former, while ENFPs the latter (?).

Sometimes my mirroring slides right into parody, and even I'm not sure of the line.

MBTI
    entp

in the end it comes down to temperament...NT vs NF...more than ENTP vs ENFP

the threads about dilemma...'Do you cut the rope and plunge to your death or take everyone down with you' prove as much

NT vs NF is also the reason i can say im ENTP with a liberal amounts of Fe and not ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    the threads about dilemma...'Do you cut the rope and plunge to your death or take everyone down with you' prove as much

I'd cut the rope and let everyone else live. Is that the NT choice?

I'd die either way. Why would I want other people to die when they don't have to? I'm actually disturbed that anyone wouldn't pick that answer.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

ENTP's are like ENFP's with hearts that pump a vile acid.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Necaberint View Post
    ENTP's are like ENFP's with hearts that pump a vile acid.

:rolli: