• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI relationship to Personality Adaptations from TA

Silk

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hi there,

brand new and not filled my profile in yet. I'm working to a deadline and was wondering if anyone here can help. I've been searching for any research or otherwise to indicate any relationship between MB preferences and TA Personality Adaptations. I'm convinced there is a correlation between Feeling and the Please (Others) driver in TA. I also think there is a greater proportion of women displaying a Please (Others) and this would fit too.

Is anybody out there playing with both models or have any insights?

My thoughts to date are that many 'Be Perfects' (Responsible Workaholics) are SJ, Creative Daydreamers are most often Introverted, most Playful Resisters are Intuitive.

what do you think and has anyone heard of any research?

cheers!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this rather what you mean?
1. Enthusiastic-Overreactor (Histrionic)
2. Responsible-Workaholic (Obsessive-Compulsive)
3. Brilliant-Skeptic (Paranoid)
4. Creative-Daydreamer (Schizoid)
5. Playful-Resister (Passive-Aggressive)
6. Charming-Manipulator (Antisocial)

As far as Please Others go, this is also represented on the Enneagram as position Two. The bias there for females is obvious enough that Riso/Hudson (the most prominent professional Enneagram promoters) advise that females who score closely in Two and something else as their top types should examine the other type as their probable one. Women in Western cultures are definitely either biased or socialized towards Two behavior -- "Pleasing Others."

I don't really know much of formal transactional analysis, however.

Silk

MBTI Type
ENFP
Personality Adaptations

Thanks Jennifer. yes, these are the adaptations I was referring to though I have no knowledge of the Enneagram as such. It's something I've been meaning to get to. Glad to hear that others may think along similar lines. It will be interesting to see if anyone is aware of any research but I'm not holding my breath as the only personality adaptations questionnaire has been developed by Vann Joines and I don't think he's got very big data set yet..

has anybody else out there got any opinions on the matter?

cheers - silk

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this rather what you mean?
1. Enthusiastic-Overreactor (Histrionic)
2. Responsible-Workaholic (Obsessive-Compulsive)
3. Brilliant-Skeptic (Paranoid)
4. Creative-Daydreamer (Schizoid)
5. Playful-Resister (Passive-Aggressive)
6. Charming-Manipulator (Antisocial)

Creative-Daydreamer is probably Schizotypal, as well.

Charming-Manipulator sounds more Narcissistic than anything.

Creative-Daydreamer type is more specifically Introverted and Intuitive.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't see any research on these dimensions... not with any personality matrix for that matter. I don't even see any research into the relationship with DSM, though there is a bit on that.

I think the place to start would be reading the DSM-III (the original personality defects, if you will) and MBTI connection... but that's a bit distant for making anything assertive. Likewise, You'd probably find tons of information on the DSM - FFM, but that'd require TA -> DSM -> FFM -> MBTI and would be as useful as... uhh... well, not very useful except in very very general terms.