First 34567 Last

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Well, then you're in the eye of the tornado! SJs are most common everywhere, so of course you're going to run into them more than anything. Thing is, this isn't an discussion about population statistics so much as about cultural impressions.

And yes, INTPs and INFJs apparently are most prone to suicidal ideation. Which is different from suicidal behavior, granted.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Finland is definitely "introverted country" and Judging but I wouldn't say iNtuitive. And definitely thinking. So rather IxTJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Russia: ESFP
    Germany: ISTJ
    China: ISTJ/ENTJ mixed stereotype
    Spain: ESFP/ESTJ
    Ireland: INFJ
    Sweden: ESTJ
    Holland: ENTP/ESTJ
    Israel: ISFJ
    South Africa: ISTP
    Australia: ESTP
    Kurdistan(no real country, I know): ESFJ... Gotta say that I love the Kurdish culture.
    Italy: Strangely chaotic ESTJ
    Switzerland: ISFP yodelatihooooooOOOO
    Norway: ESFP
    Denmark: ESTP
    Finland: ISTJ

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    fool

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Finland is definitely "introverted country" and Judging but I wouldn't say iNtuitive. And definitely thinking. So rather IxTJ.
    Well the high-tech innovations gives the INT impression overall, but the culture, overall is very S, I'd think. And also agree with the I and the J, but not so sure of the T / F. Thinking back the history, where Finland's situated (climate) & atmosphere which contributes to upbringing, and the whole repression of emotions, "silent culture"... Well, ISTJ, probably right. And the (males, especially) F's are the ones killing themselves, hence the suicide rates

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Well the high-tech innovations gives the INT impression overall, but the culture, overall is very S, I'd think. And also agree with the I and the J, but not so sure of the T / F. Thinking back the history, where Finland's situated (climate) & atmosphere which contributes to upbringing, and the whole repression of emotions, "silent culture"... Well, ISTJ, probably right. And the (males, especially) F's are the ones killing themselves, hence the suicide rates
    Yes, this culture (finnish one) is supressed emotionally. It's very distressed culture where people are blamed for their mistakes, everybody is jealous for other persons happiness and there is no sence of community, people don't help each other and don't care for another person. It's a very cold society even if we have the public healtcare (which is in pretty poor state in some places). No wonder people kill themselves. It's too much to take for some people. I know at lease 6 people who have committed a suicide, friends, relatives and relatives of friends. Even one ex boyfriend. It's terrible.

I think strong T's do fine in this culture and also introverted non Feeling people. And also judging. Feeling people suffer, especially F males just like you said Tibby. Female F's are tolerated, I guess.

Personalitywise I should live in Italy or in Spain.

MBTI
    fool

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Yes, this culture (finnish one) is supressed emotionally. It's very distressed culture where people are blamed for their mistakes, everybody is jealous for other persons happiness and there is no sence of community, people don't help each other and don't care for another person. It's a very cold society even if we have the public healtcare (which is in pretty poor state in some places). No wonder people kill themselves. It's too much to take for some people. I know at lease 6 people who have committed a suicide, friends, relatives and relatives of friends. Even one ex boyfriend. It's terrible.

I think strong T's do fine in this culture and also introverted non Feeling people. And also judging. Feeling people suffer, especially F males just like you said Tibby. Female F's are tolerated, I guess.

Personalitywise I should live in Italy or in Spain.
    I'm so sorry to hear that.

I especially find it ironical how speaking up of your emotions is considered more of a weakness by some even more so than eventually killing yourself by those who end up committing suicide. Shameful, vile feeling connected to "weakness".

It's so very deeply rooted and in order to overcome would need huge structural and attitudinal changes in Finland. But like so many things... They seem to boil under the surface, denied or untouched.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Well, then you're in the eye of the tornado! SJs are most common everywhere, so of course you're going to run into them more than anything. Thing is, this isn't an discussion about population statistics so much as about cultural impressions.

And yes, INTPs and INFJs apparently are most prone to suicidal ideation. Which is different from suicidal behavior, granted.
    I disagree. INTP's and suicidal? Hah.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Italy: Strangely chaotic ESTJ
    You're the second saying this...may I ask you why?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Are there any INTP countries?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You're the second saying this...may I ask you why?
    Never ask an Ni-dominant to tell you "why".

To us protestant/agnostic/atheist guys up north, you guys sure seem pretty traditional... Well, generally speaking about italian culture. At the same time, we think you're nuts Corrupt police, mafia, people drive like madmen and with the language characteristics and stuff you seem pretty hot-blooded. It's just a stupid stereotype, though. I don't pay much attention to it...

Sweden is one of those boring ESTJ countries. Sweden is very average and normal in all ways possible... Be proud that you're italian, dude. At least that's crazy ESTJ With one hell of a history, and strangely geared tanks.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come