First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BallentineChen View Post
    I don't really agree with this. If extraverted intution is about exploring multiple perspectives to be closer to true objectivity, introverted intution is about finding the transcendent perspective that incorporates all other perspectives. I don't believe how true this statement really is, since Jung never described Ne and Ni in those terms. He described Ne as the ability to perceive the essence of an object (what the person observes) beyond it's surface appearance, which allows them to see potential. Think of Se but with more abstraction. Ni is like Ne but the process in inverted inwards towards the subject (the person). Ni perceives what lies just beyond our consciousness, for example the reasons underlying our motives (i.e. am I really doing this for altruism or for ulterior motives). Intuition is a perceiving function. Ne is the perception of the essence of objects, Ni is the perception of the essence of the subject.
    Bolded part is a really good way of summarizing it; that helps. I'm still working on my understanding of Ni, so thanks for the additional description.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Wolf--

That artwork is captivating.
    Sucked me right in.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Wolf--

That artwork is captivating.
    Sucked me right in.
    Agreed.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Aye, I love that kind of art.

And the OP asks for a graphical representation of Ne. This is the closest from of art that I know off that is very Ne-like.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Aye, I love that kind of art.

And the OP asks for a graphical representation of Ne. This is the closest from of art that I know off that is very Ne-like.
    DOH! I totally missed the 'graphical' representation aspect. I should really learn to *follow directions*. Yes, you did a very good job of that - listen to him/her...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Excerpts from 'Gifts Differing' :

Ni-Uses the objective situation in the interests of the inner understanding.
    Ne-Uses the inner understanding in the interests of the objective situation.

Ni-Regards the immediate situation as a prison from which escape is urgently necessary,
    and aims to escape through some sweeping change in the subjective understanding of the objective situation.

Ne-Regards the immediate situation as a prison from which escape is urgently necessary,
    and aims to escape by means of some sweeping change in the objective situation.

Ni-Receives its impetus from outer objects, but is never arrested by external possibilities,
    being occupied rather by searching out new angles for viewing and understanding life.

Ne-Is wholly directed upon outer objects, searching for emerging possibilities,
    and will sacrifice all else for such possibilities when found.

Ni-May be creative in any field: artistic, literary, scientific, inventive, philosophical, or religious.
    Ne-May be artistic, scientific, mechanical, inventive, industrial, commercial, social, political, or adventurous.

Ni-Finds self-expression difficult.
    Ne-Finds self-expression natural and easy.

Ni-Finds it greatest value lies in the interpretation of life and then promotion of understanding.
    Ne-Finds its greatest value in the promotion and initiation of new enterprises.

Ni-Requires the development of balancing judgment not only for the criticism and evaluation of intuitive understanding,
    but to enable it to impart its visions to others and bring them to practical usefulness in the world.

Ne-Requires the development of balancing judgment not only for the criticism and evaluation of the intuitive enthusiasms,
    but also to hold it to the completion of its various activities.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    DOH! I totally missed the 'graphical' representation aspect. I should really learn to *follow directions*. Yes, you did a very good job of that - listen to him/her...
    You didn't miss anything, because she didn't say it like that. I was just playing with her words. A joke if you will. Harmless as it is. ;P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by BallentineChen View Post
    I don't really agree with this. If extraverted intution is about exploring multiple perspectives to be closer to true objectivity, introverted intution is about finding the transcendent perspective that incorporates all other perspectives. I don't believe how true this statement really is, since Jung never described Ne and Ni in those terms. He described Ne as the ability to perceive the essence of an object (what the person observes) beyond it's surface appearance, which allows them to see potential. Think of Se but with more abstraction. Ni is like Ne but the process in inverted inwards towards the subject (the person). Ni perceives what lies just beyond our consciousness, for example the reasons underlying our motives (i.e. am I really doing this for altruism or for ulterior motives). Intuition is a perceiving function. Ne is the perception of the essence of objects, Ni is the perception of the essence of the subject.
    This is how I feel.

I have a lot of difficulties separating Ni from Ne. It seems as if I unconsciously and instinctively use both. Although brain storming for me tends to have a Ni tone (i.e. object focused, referencing multiple instances in various situations).

I very much identify with the Escher drawing. Things can be interpreted and perceived in many different ways. The views share similarity to each other. The overall reality is the sum of all of them with underlying patterns (e.g. staircases and walls) that surface in each POV. All interconnected. Now is this a case of Ne or Ni?
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Excerpts from 'Gifts Differing' :

Ni-Uses the objective situation in the interests of the inner understanding.
    Ne-Uses the inner understanding in the interests of the objective situation.

Ni-Regards the immediate situation as a prison from which escape is urgently necessary,
    and aims to escape through some sweeping change in the subjective understanding of the objective situation.

Ne-Regards the immediate situation as a prison from which escape is urgently necessary,
    and aims to escape by means of some sweeping change in the objective situation.

Ni-Receives its impetus from outer objects, but is never arrested by external possibilities,
    being occupied rather by searching out new angles for viewing and understanding life.

Ne-Is wholly directed upon outer objects, searching for emerging possibilities,
    and will sacrifice all else for such possibilities when found.

Ni-May be creative in any field: artistic, literary, scientific, inventive, philosophical, or religious.
    Ne-May be artistic, scientific, mechanical, inventive, industrial, commercial, social, political, or adventurous.

Ni-Finds self-expression difficult.
    Ne-Finds self-expression natural and easy.

Ni-Finds it greatest value lies in the interpretation of life and then promotion of understanding.
    Ne-Finds its greatest value in the promotion and initiation of new enterprises.

Ni-Requires the development of balancing judgment not only for the criticism and evaluation of intuitive understanding,
    but to enable it to impart its visions to others and bring them to practical usefulness in the world.

Ne-Requires the development of balancing judgment not only for the criticism and evaluation of the intuitive enthusiasms,
    but also to hold it to the completion of its various activities.

It sounds like Ne has more similarities to Se than one might think.

It's generally considered more similar to Ni, which I suppose it is, but the whole looking for opportunities for action/ways to change the external world thing gives it a similar focus to that of the other Pe function, Se.

Interesting.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP

I was going to make a thread today explaining Ne, and then I saw yours! I will give you a detailed, (in fact, tortuous and exhausting) explanation from my own experiences in a little while! I wanted to tell you that, but I've got to go right now...

Ok, I've got a few more minutes before I leave, so I'll get started. One can only come up with something so close to a reality by gluing concepts together. I'm going to give you the reality, and you will be able to create the concepts yourself. I will post a few thought processes I have had that stuck with me as examples of Ne. I will say that my Ne is lightning-fast, (My Si & Se all but dont' exist) and I haven't met any other extrovert as unaware of his environment as me.

I am walking down the stairs with my headphones on. I am listening to a song with slow, croning singer, and I think his voice sounds kind of like a zombie. I see the tiles on the kitchen floor beneath me. I think of Tetris. With Fi, I consider how old video games contain puzzles like Tetris, while new video games contain zombies. I conclude that it is unfortunate. As I step into the kitchen, I see a cup on the counter. The day before, I had found a gigantic beetle in the street and I placed him in a cup. Another thing that happened the day before is I found a pair of sunglasses. I thought of this because they kind of made me look like John Lennon, the Beatle. I was wearing the same large headphones when I found them, and I thought of another time when much of my face was covered up. It was a few years ago at a protest. I had fairly large sunglasses on and my hood was up. I briefly thought of the Unibomber. With Fi, I was strained: I considered how I no longer hold the opinions that I did a few years ago, and how arrogant and dogmatic I was to protest. I thought of a friend who expressed similar regrets to me one time. I had actually accompanied him at this protest. We are both ENFPs, and I thought that Te, as it kicks in later, can really give an ENFP hard regrets. I thought of two other instances in which I had seen ENFPs behaving in a childish manner, and wondered how long it took for them to reflect and regret those situations. I thought about Typologycentral. I considered making a thread on childishness, Te, and regret in ENFPs. I envisioned a literal piece of thread. It connected pictures of the several ENFP friends that I envisioned. It represented the 'ENFP.' I considered that in my mind, a piece of string representing ANY topic would be sewn through all situations and ideas concerning that topic that I could think of, whether real or imagined. This is a good visual representation of Ne, so I considered making a thread on Ne in general.

This train of thought took about fifteen seconds. My stairs lead directly into my kitchen. As I approached the cabinet where the cups were, I had to interact with my environment, so my train of thought ended there. I was sensually keen for only the few seconds I needed to open the cabinet and grab a cup, after which I receded into my thoughts again.

I imagined reaching for the cup containing the beetle on the counter, which I had named Ringo within the past twenty seconds. If I filled it up with water in the sink, how slow would I have to fill it to drown him? (I could drown him, but I would need several trials to determine the threshold, and you can only drown a beetle once). How fast would the water have to shoot out of the faucet to crush him? (faster than my sink does). I wondered why I thought of different ways to kill the beetle, because I love animals. If I filled the cup from the faucet, the beetle would probably float to the top and out of the cup. If it floated onto my hand and latched on, would I be able to keep from freaking out? Would I get nervous at the last moment and tilt the cup to one side, almost unconsciously, so that he would float out of the cup in another direction? I thought that it was funny that I considered all of these possibilities even though I had no intention of actually filling up the cup with the beetle in it. Would it be possible to serve someone water with that beetle in it and startle them when it touched their mouth? With Fi, I thought that this would be very mean, and I wouldn't do it to anyone, because someone who I despise that much probably despises me as well, and they would probably be apprehensive if I handed them a drink! First of all, they would need to be distracted, secondly, it would have to be in a dark room, third, it would help if the cup contained ice, and also the cup should not be transparent. It would also help if they were drunk. As I turned around, I imagined my whole kitchen full of people having a party. I would have to borrow someones speakers, because a party needs music, and I just spent all my money on the headphones I was wearing instead of speakers. I remembered that this was the second time within the past minute that I had thought about my headhpones. I decided that Ne really has a way of tieing topics together in a web, and made the decision to memorize my thought process to write on typologycentral under the Ne thread that I thought about making.

I remembered that I was holding a cup of water and that I was thirsty. I took a sip.

Edit: If you want me to write out another thought process, I will just take my dog for a walk, come back, and type out what I thought. All my thinking is in this style.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"
    Likes Rayos liked this post